Ontario is the Best Place to Live in Canada

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

....  Dougie wants to bring down Confederation, period.  He doesn’t like Canada and would prefer the US to have even more power and influence in Canada.  Good luck selling that idea to Canadians.  There’s a lot more pride in Canada than that.  

History and present circumstances say otherwise....Canada and particularly Ontario have increased their dependence and reliance on the U.S. economy by choice.   The cultural and economic relationship has led to a chronic case of cognitive dissonance....needing and hating the Americans at the same time.

Economics trumps pride too.....

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

History and present circumstances say otherwise....Canada and particularly Ontario have increased their dependence and reliance on the U.S. economy by choice.   The cultural and economic relationship has led to a chronic case of cognitive dissonance....needing and hating the Americans at the same time.

Economics trumps pride too.....

I take pride in America too, it's not me against you, we are brothers in arms,  that's why I can't like this sneering knee jerk Anti-American Canada anymore, it's pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The whole point of Confederation was that the British were not coming to defend Canada from the Americans anymore, the Fenian Raids caused a panic, the British were not willing to confront the Union which had just crushed the Confederacy, now with an army five times the size of the British Army and navy more advanced than the Royal Navy, so the British told the colonies here; form up into a military alliance against America and build an east west trade federation to support it.

You, like most Canadians, just don't know the central narrative, why things happened, all you know is a bunch of social history tidbits, like Government of Canada vignettes on the CBC

Typical Canadian. .

I know more than you about Canada.  Sorry.  Yes part of the reason for Confederation was defence of British North America.  It was in Britain’s interest to defend her interests.  Clearly.  The much bigger reason was economic.  You can’t settle and develop territories without transportation, which at that time meant a trans-Canadian railway.  You can’t pay for massive infrastructure projects like that without a federal government collecting revenue from all territories to pay for it.  Canada is a massive development project that recognizes and protects the peoples and cultures within it.  You can say it was more French and English than aboriginal, and yes, it was at first led by those main ethnic groups.  It has morphed into something much bigger and more successful than what came before.  

Many subsequent national projects have been great successes and far more will follow.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I know more than you.  Sorry.  Yes part of the reason for Confederation was defence of British North America.  It was in Britain’s interest to defend her interests.  Clearly.  The much bigger reason was economic.  You can’t settle and develop territories without transportation, which at that time meant a trans-Canadian railway.  You can’t pay for massive infrastructure projects like that without a federal government collecting revenue from all territories to pay for it.  Canada is a massive development project that recognizes and protects the peoples and cultures within it.  You can say it was more French and English than aboriginal, and yes, it was at first led by those main ethnic groups.  It has morphed into something much bigger and more successful than what came before.  

Many subsequent national projects have been great successes and far more wil follow.  

You obviously don't know more than me, because you obviously don't know that Confederation was not planned, nobody here wanted it, it was thrown together in a matter of months, in a panic over the Fenian Raids, there was not a plan to develop anything in 1867, it was a shotgun marriage imposed by London out of nowhere, because of the Union from the Civil War seeming  like it might invade.

All that other social history shit you prattle on about, came long after the fact, so could not have been the purpose of Canada, since nobody at the time of Confederation was planning to have a Confederation, and most were against it, it was simply imposed on them from above.

You just drink the Kool Aid from the government, that Canada is some sort of republic chosen to be so by Canadians, for the purposes of social history projects. lol

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I take pride in America too, it's not me against you, we are brothers in arms,  that's why I can't like this sneering knee jerk Anti-American Canada anymore, it's pathetic.

The practical impact of Ontario's decisions have led to resentment in the "ROC",  and even Americans know that the "GTA" is further held in low regard even in the rest of Ontario.   Ontario has more export trade with the Americans than with other provinces.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The practical impact of Ontario's decisions have led to resentment in the "ROC",  and even Americans know that the "GTA" is further held in low regard even in the rest of Ontario.   Ontario has more export trade with the Americans than with other provinces.

Yeah, the "war" between Canada and America which exists only in the minds of the People's Republic of Toronto and associated state media propaganda arms.  Toronto is Kremlin West.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  You really need to study Confederation and the debates and figures leading up to it, the work in Charlottetown.  The Fenians were more a funny peculiarity than anything else and certainly never a serious threat.  The Civil War was consuming enough and an existential threat to the US.  You need to learn about all of the earlier attempts at some form of Confederation.  There was nothing rushed about it, and your glib remarks reveal your ignorance on the subject.  

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, the "war" between Canada and America which exists only in the minds of the People's Republic of Toronto and associated state media propaganda arms.  Toronto is Kremlin West.

Canada is a close ally of the US.  Perhaps you need to figure out if your President works for Russia.  He certainly can’t wait to include Russia in the G7.  Russia, invader of the Crimea, disruptor of Ukraine, dictatorship of oligarchs under the oversight of dictator for life Putin. 

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is a close ally of the US.  Perhaps you need to figure out if your President works for Russia.  He certainly can’t wait to include Russia in the G7.  Russia, invader of the Crimea, disruptor of Ukraine, dictatorship of oligarchs under the oversight of dictator for life Putin. 

I wish Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump could rid us of the Pinkos in Toronto, maybe it could be a joint CIA - KGB operation, I'm willing to look the other way.

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I wish Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump could rid us of the Pinkos in Toronto, maybe it could be a joint CIA - KGB operation, I'm willing to look the other way.

If you think Russia is freer and more democratic than Canada, you're lost.  Perhaps you're revealing your inner fascism.

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

If you think Russia is freer and more democratic than Canada, you're lost.  Perhaps you're revealing your inner fascism.

I'm too individualistic to be a fascist. 

Doesn't mean I'm not a right wing extremist tho, I'm the American version, Reb Menace.

We will bring our Confederate Fenian Army to Canada, to overthrow the People's Republic of Downtown Toronto.

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Not likely, as Ontario swings more to the pinko left each year.    Social Justice Tribunals Ontario are ready to add another jurisdiction for French language services...we know what that means.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not likely, as Ontario swings more to the pinko left each year.    Social Justice Tribunals Ontario are ready to add another jurisdiction for French language services...we know what that means.

The latest is, there is one guy in all of Ontario who has some sort of autistic problem with people chewing gum, so now all transit drivers in the GTA have been directed to spit out there gum at his request by the Metrolinx transit authority, to be "inclusive"

Seriously, F*ck Canada, it's the literal definition of ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The latest is, there is one guy in all of Ontario who has some sort of autistic problem with people chewing gum, so now all transit drivers in the GTA have been directed to spit out there gum at his request by the Metrolinx transit authority, to be "inclusive"

Seriously, F*ck Canada, it's the literal definition of ridiculous.

From a Canadian soldier?  Treachery.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Since when did he swear an oath to like Canada or Canadians?

That's his excuse for disloyalty.  The reality is that no recruitment officer would ever allow someone who voiced such sentiments into the Canadian military, nor should they.  He's retired now so it's probably too late for consequences.  I guess he has to live with his disloyalty.  Perhaps he can read biographies of Benedict Arnold for solace.

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That's his excuse for disloyalty.  The reality is that no recruitment officer would ever allow someone who voiced such sentiments into the Canadian military, nor should they.  He's retired now so it's probably too late for consequences.  I guess he has to live with his disloyalty.  Perhaps he can read biographies of Benedict Arnold for solace.

He's not disloyal. You are disloyal, constantly denigrating the role of The Crown and crowing about the non-existent People's Republic of Downtown Toronto.

Eskimo Communists calling Monarchists traitors is hilarious, you are simply projecting your own disloyalty unto others, and lashing out when anyone calls you on it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He's not disloyal. You are disloyal, constantly denigrating the role of The Crown and crowing about the non-existent People's Republic of Downtown Toronto.

You can say the same things under different pseudonyms and they will remain just as invalid.  I'm speaking in support of my country her military, since "Dougie" won't.  Try to call it a Toronto thing, an elitist thing, whatever trumped up BS you want to paint it as.  It's simply disloyalty and you should be ashamed.

Edited by Zeitgeist