California vote; give free healthcare to illegals

22 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

1. The most boring, moralizing segment I've ever read.

2. No sorry I don't respect rapists, murderers, criminals, and illegals.

1. So you have nothing substantive to say against it, ok.

2. And now a statement of your own morality.  How hypocritical.

The difference is that JC didn't incorrectly equate border crossers with rapists.  What is it with you people constantly lying to sell your morality as though it's mainstream.

So boring.:lol:

21 hours ago, taxme said:

A billion Canadian tax dollars given to a communist regime by any Canadian politician is a traitorous act as far as I am concerned. Awatse of taxpayer's tax dollars that could have been better spent in Canada for Canada and Canadians.

Quite right, our next phase of LRT is going to be 1.5 B over budget. just like the current phase being 1.5 billion over budget SNC Lavalin needs the money.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Quite right, our next phase of LRT is going to be 1.5 B over budget. just like the current phase being 1.5 billion over budget SNC Lavalin needs the money.

One has to wonder which outfit is worse? Lavalin or Bombardier? Both companies are always in need of more taxpayer's tax dollars in order to survive. Without those tax dollars being wasted on those two useless tax dollar sucking outfits they would have been long gone by now. 

No doubt that the next phase of the LRT will probably go up by another billion before all is done if it ever gets done on time. If not on time then there will be another billion added in order to finish the project. Our politicians do not care how much any of their projects will end up costing. They will just say to the company to just finish the project and do not worry about the cost. There is plenty more tax dollars available if you need it. The waste of our tax dollars never ends. Our Canadian politicians are just as bad as those politicians in California. They seem to all have one thing in common. Dam the money, dam the consequences, just do it and we will worry about the money and the results later. Most politicians can be quite a bunch of mindless dummies. It's no wonder I have no respect for them. :rolleyes:

On 7/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, GostHacked said:

People sleeping in the streets can afford private health insurance?

That`s what I was wondering, do they get free health care,  there is a low income insurance plan but what about those who can`t buy any insurance.

Democrats in the state Legislature reached an agreement Sunday afternoon as part of a broader plan to spend $213 billion of state and federal tax money over the next year.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/politics/california-lawmakers-agree-to-health-benefits-for-immigrants/285-d6f6505d-fb8d-40bc-aff1-3faff90433da

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 4:16 PM, taxme said:

Trump is right. The citizenship question should be in the census. The demoncrats will do anything to destroy America. Even if it means flooding millions upon millions of illegal immigrants into America and changing the whole western culture of America. The democrats appear to be nothing more than a bunch of American haters and traitors to America...

The citizenship question was always on the census until 2010 so why does Trump need the courts to decide if he can re-instate it.

Also, it’s a myth that Canada has  comprehensive, universal, accessible health care as Canada is  rated World's number ONE country in studies of wait lists AND in public health bureaucrats per citizen  

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, scribblet said:

That`s what I was wondering, do they get free health care,  there is a low income insurance plan but what about those who can`t buy any insurance.

Democrats in the state Legislature reached an agreement Sunday afternoon as part of a broader plan to spend $213 billion of state and federal tax money over the next year.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/politics/california-lawmakers-agree-to-health-benefits-for-immigrants/285-d6f6505d-fb8d-40bc-aff1-3faff90433da

Ya, it can be free.

Medi-Cal 
Medi-Cal is a program that offers free or low-cost health coverage for children and adults with limited income and resources. If you qualify, you can enroll in Medi-Cal year-round.

https://www.coveredca.com/medi-cal/

57 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The money is $3.50 per person ffs.  Any chance we can discuss priorities at some point rather than trumped up hysteria ?

$3.50 per person? I think it means it costs $3.50 per person in Californian to cover those between 19 to 25 years of age, whether they have "satisfactory immigration status" or not.

Just now, egghead said:

$3.50 per person? I think it means it costs $3.50 per person in Californian to cover those between 19 to 25 years of age, whether they have "satisfactory immigration status" or not.

Ok, sure.  The costs are not a big factor here.  It's more of a moral issue for people who hate migrants I think.  Someone just parroted the president in calling them rapists.

Costs are a factor and not just health care in California.  People don`t `hate`migrants, many do dislike and reject illegal migrants and a system that encourages that while not looking after it`s own. 

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/11829/illegal-immigration-cost

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

Costs are a factor and not just health care in California.  People don`t `hate`migrants, many do dislike and reject illegal migrants and a system that encourages that while not looking after it`s own. 

It's not a budget issue, though, it's a jealousy issue.  The system treats people cruelly and the ignorant response is to fight over scraps.  MediCal covers people who are equally poor as migrants.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, sure.  The costs are not a big factor here.  It's more of a moral issue for people who hate migrants I think.  Someone just parroted the president in calling them rapists.

According to this https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-approves-tax-payer-funded-health-benefits-for-immigrants-in-country-illegally/   

State officials expect the plan to cover about 90,000 people and cost taxpayers $98 million. California already covers children ages 18 and younger regardless of immigration status. (to be expanded later)   that works out to be just over a $1,000 per person  

How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#347f876d12c4

On 7/10/2019 at 12:24 PM, egghead said:

Ya, you are damn right :lol: Having said that, pretending to be refugee to take advantage of the system shall be a criminal offense 

Show me evidence of that! 

All refugee claimants are screened to determine eligibility. If not eligible, they are sent back. 

There's no criminal offence involved. What's the point of putting them in jail here? That's just more expense. Lol 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:50 PM, Shady said:

You're still not understanding.  Refugee claimants are have legal status, even though it's only temporary.  There are people illegally in Canada and the United States that are not refugee claimants, they have no access to health care benefits, other than possibly being treated in emergency rooms.  That applies to Canada as well as the United States.  

Well, they're earning a living somehow, likely staying out of trouble to avoid being found. So where's the harm? 

4 minutes ago, jacee said:

Well, they're earning a living somehow, likely staying out of trouble to avoid being found. So where's the harm? 

The harm is in lower wages for all workers, stolen social security numbers, identity theft, higher education costs, lack of driver's licenses and auto insurance, etc., etc.

What part of "illegal" is so hard to understand ?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jacee said:

Show me evidence of that! 

All refugee claimants are screened to determine eligibility. If not eligible, they are sent back. 

There's no criminal offence involved. What's the point of putting them in jail here? That's just more expense. Lol 

You misunderstood me.

Anyway, any policy will be dim as 'policy of dehumanization' by the Dems' four-horsemen. I rather just enjoy the horsemen turning on their own party :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacee said:

Seriously.

in Canada the illegal border crossers are given free room and board in hotels.

21 hours ago, scribblet said:

The citizenship question was always on the census until 2010 so why does Trump need the courts to decide if he can re-instate it.

Also, it’s a myth that Canada has  comprehensive, universal, accessible health care as Canada is  rated World's number ONE country in studies of wait lists AND in public health bureaucrats per citizen  

It was Obama Bin Laden that took the citizenship question off of the census.  Apparently, the courts do not want the citizenship question placed on the census. Why? Because it would no doubt show that America has way more illegals living in America than anyone could ever imagine. Most of those illegals are living in California. I wonder as to how many illegals are living in Canada? It would be interesting to know. 

The wait lists are due to the massive amounts of unneeded and unwanted new immigrants/refugee that have been brought into Canada which has been going on for decades now and is effecting our health care which no one will admit too. Our stunned politicians and their useless bunch of over paid bureaucrats appear to be trying to destroy our health care system by the looks of things and not try and protect it. If it were not for politicians we would all be better off and in better shape. Canada has truly become a Potemkin Village. Canada is all fake and going down the tubes fast thanks to our dear leaders and their silly ass communist programs and agendas that will destroy this once great nation called Canada. Canada is only being held together by bull chit glue. My opinion. 

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Seriously.

in Canada the illegal border crossers are given free room and board in hotels.

The other day I was listening to Brian on the RightEdition website and he was talking about a town in Ontario where he saw a big line up of black people lined up outside a Bank of Montreal. Being curious, he went into the bank to see what was going on. Inside he got to speak to a teller and asked her as to what was going on with all of these black people lined up in and outside the banks door. He was told by the teller that they were here to open up bank accounts from money that was given to them by our federal government(taxpayer's). This is bloody stealing from taxpayer's tax dollars. This is robbery.

This is why we are no better off today than California is. Legal and Illegal criminals are going to break the Canadian bank if this bloody nonsense is allowed to continue. Canadians need to get it thru their thick skulls that when they go to work the taxes deducted from their paychecks are going to these unneeded and unwanted bunch of bums. It's bloody disgusting indeed. :(

That's what I love about these anti-immigrant posts.  When you come back with valid points they just come back with more nonsense, like saying Canada is Communist and implying we need to be a white Nation.

What are health costs for border crossers as a % of the budget again?  Less than .05% ?  Tens of millions of hundreds of billions.  Learn some math and quit expectorant people to blubber about non Whites Iike you do.:lol:

2 hours ago, jacee said:

The harm is that you are not getting it yet. When some of these illegals suddenly need some medical emergency surgery they are put in front of some Canadian that was waiting in line for months for their surgery and they now have been put back in line again. I wonder how many times this has happened? This is a crock of horse manure. Illegals are put up in hotels while some Canadians have to live on the streets. What is going on in California is also going on in Canada. But it would appear as though there are some Canadians who think that legal and illegal criminal illegals have the same rights as Canadians have. They have no rights at all. They are not Canadian citizen's. Period. :(