The road to 2020

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Afraid to click it, eh?

No problem. I'll give you his answer to what critical race theory is.

"Yeah, critical race theory is the academic formulation that contends that the kind of social structures including the Constitution, the Declaration, and inherited laws are all really not objective formulations or neutral and not even necessarily good in themselves but are actually cover for a kind of white supremacy power structure for racial imbalances and oppression,

Critical race theory questions objectivity. It question meritocracy. It questions...really the kind of foundational values, principles and structures of the United States. And it's something that has been circulating in the Academic world for many year. Really kind of started to take off in the 1990s, but then all of a sudden, out of nowhere has become really ubiquitous in our public discourse and the kind of left leaning policies...in HR departments, and even in trainings of the federal government."

Everybody think that they have their own 'fix' for the system, but the system isn't busted.

The fly in the USA's ointment is the Dem party, and the people who preach to little black kids that 'they need to fear cops'. 

23 hours ago, dialamah said:

You say that everytime you make the claim that people prefer those who are most like them - whites prefer whites, SA prefer other SA, Asians prefer Asians, etc - when it comes to neighborhoods, employees, customers, business partners.  

I don't 'claim' it. It's a basic element of psychology. It encompasses far more than race. Conservatives and Liberals for example, tend to move to areas which have people with their ideological beliefs. We tend to hang around with people with similar preferences and values and cultural beliefs. There's no particular reason in western society a black man or an Asian man can't be considered to be 'just like' a lot of Caucasians depending if they were born here and raised with Canadian values.

2 hours ago, Shady said:

Cringeworthy.

Kind of like the Trump campaign playing Fortunate Son at a rally, eh?

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

I guess making up your own reality is typical. 

Since you're response meant nothing...similar to a Joe Biden trail-off...I assumed you'd returned to the basement. Feel free to make an actual response rather than stringing random words together.

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

I don't 'claim' it. It's a basic element of psychology. It encompasses far more than race. Conservatives and Liberals for example, tend to move to areas which have people with their ideological beliefs. We tend to hang around with people with similar preferences and values and cultural beliefs.

So everybody is racist then, right?

There's no particular reason in western society a black man or an Asian man can't be considered to be 'just like' a lot of Caucasians depending if they were born here and raised with Canadian values.

Except there are people, such as yourself, who looks at someone's skin color, mode of dress, and makes all kinds of assumptions about their beliefs, level or likelihood of criminality, laziness, willingness or ability to work and pay enough taxes.

18 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Except there are people, such as yourself, who looks at someone's skin color, mode of dress, and makes all kinds of assumptions about their beliefs, level or likelihood of criminality, laziness, willingness or ability to work and pay enough taxes.

Yes...they are...at least at the subconscious biological level.   Immediate assessments and decisions are made by the human brain (and in animals) because we have evolved that way for quick decision survival.    It takes socialization, education, and higher level processing over a longer period of time to suppress initial "assumptions" about race, sex, gender, age, wealth, class, tribe, etc. that still remain at the subconscious level and can be reinforced by experiences and/or observed behaviours.

Politicians take advantage of this reality with rhetoric and campaign advertising to appeal to such base instincts, examples being George H.W. Bush (Willie Horton) or Hillary Clinton ("super predators").

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Since you're response meant nothing...similar to a Joe Biden trail-off...I assumed you'd returned to the basement. Feel free to make an actual response rather than stringing random words together.

You're cherry picking things to pretend to care about. 

Biden sounds coherent all the time. Just saw him take questions today. You'll put your head in the sand based on that fact. 

Conversely, I never see Trump on TV where he doesn't compulsively lie. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

You're cherry picking things to pretend to care about. 

Biden sounds coherent all the time. Just saw him take questions today. You'll put your head in the sand based on that fact. 

Conversely, I never see Trump on TV where he doesn't compulsively lie. 

Anybody who has dealt with Alzheimer's knows there are good days and bad days. That Joe was allowed to answer questions means good day. He's also now rumored to be on Namenda which puts some cells back to work via playing with various inhibitors...at a cost though. Joe apparently needs diapers...if you believe the rumors, that is. But you take no stock in mere rumor...being a Biden supporter. He's your First Man In Rome...though were ALL not quite sure WHY he waited 50 years in politics to finally save us all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Anybody who has dealt with Alzheimer's knows there are good days and bad days. That Joe was allowed to answer questions means good day. He's also now rumored to be on Namenda which puts some cells back to work via playing with various inhibitors...at a cost though. Joe apparently needs diapers...if you believe the rumors, that is. But you take no stock in mere rumor...being a Biden supporter. He's your First Man In Rome...though were ALL not quite sure WHY he waited 50 years in politics to finally save us all.

Ahhh so Doctor DogOnPorch is diagnosing Alzheimer's and incontinence now. 

LOL

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Apparently you can't process basic English very well.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Except there are people, such as yourself, who

You don't know a single thing about me and you're not smart enough to figure it out from what I write here.

• Like 1