Time to take on far-right terrorists

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Red China is an entity unto itself. It would gladly line our left up against the wall and offer a blindfold.

China will square-off against Islam in the future if Islam pushes...and it will.

They've imprisoned a million Muslims in gulags already, just for being Muslim.

Do you have any issues with Trudeau's admiration for China's dictatorships ability to get things done by any chance?  Maybe your issue is that we're not emulating China. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Do you have any issues with Trudeau's admiration for China's dictatorships ability to get things done by any chance?  Maybe your issue is that we're not emulating China. 

Gulags and mass deportations to the hinterlands are more your bag.

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

Yes. 

We should be pushing the Saudi version of Islam out of the schools and mosques here.  No more Saudi funding, Saudi books, foreign Saudi imams.

Should we keep selling weapons to Saudi Arabia?  I mean, you do care about Canadian jobs right?

50 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You certainly see that phobia everywhere and its been deeply ingrained for decades.  If you badger them long enough Islamophobes will finally admit that yes, the West has made a few mistakes in the ME region but it was our fear of communism that forced us to act in ways that violate our most revered principles as they pertain to freedom, liberty and democracy.

Maybe if our leaders were as honest and explained this to Muslim people they'd understand.  What do you think?

Of course you blame the left - they're responsible for everything that's wrong, always have been. Probably always will.

Damn right! I blame the leftist who defies logic and common sense for all the problems:  "no plastic straw to my coke" , 'refugees crisis in europe" and everything in between :P

Edited by egghead

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

JT is an idiot :rolleyes:

Do you know those Muslim are not chinese Islam? They are Qiang who are separatists.

Edited by egghead

3 hours ago, Argus said:

You can't compare today with yesterday. Prior to the 1970s we only allowed in (for the most part) European immigrants. The only major difference was language. So of course their kids grew up to be indistinguishable. Plus, of course, once they were here they were immersed in our language and culture and values.

Not so with today's immigrants. Toronto and Vancouver are already more than 50% immigrant. And those immigrants are in 24/7 communication with their homelands and families there through telephone, internet, texts, emails, video, and all the news, movies and other media their homelands offer. Air travel is cheap, too, allowing for frequent visits home.

And today's immigrants are primarily from cultures vastly more different from ours than previous generations were, and their values are often backed up by religions which are vastly different from ours as well. According to polls young Canadian born Muslims are MORE, not less religious than their parents, and identify as Muslims first, not Canadians.

I would think that would be obvious. The more different someone looks, behaves and acts, the more obviously they click as 'foreign' in people's minds.
 An Italian doesn't strike anyone as anything until he opens his mouth. A Sikh or Muslim wearing robes or hijabs are instantly noticeable as 'foreign'

Italians suffered a lot from prejudice and xenophobia in Canada.

There's always some cowardly jerks who like to pick on the new guys.

We should f*kn dropkick the lot of you back to Europe! Where's this magical white nation where you want to land, Argus? 

Edited by jacee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, paxamericana said:

HA! I could remember not too long ago I said the exact same thing and got called out for being Islamophobic by other members here. Like there are real and legitimate concern with Islam as it currently stands. Especially the fundamental 6th century interpretation as well as the lack of secularism to be compatible in a liberal democracy. How are we to acknowledge these serious criticism of Islam without being called a racist by the social justice snowflakes?

I think all you fanatical religious bigots should have your inane discussions in the Religion section.

Who the hell can't figure out human decency and respect without some bossman telling them how?  And then the bossmen want your money! And they want you to hate 'the other'. 

It's such a f*kn racket. Take your silly battle-of-the-books elsewhere. 

Edited by jacee
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, egghead said:

JT is an idiot :rolleyes:

No argument there.

Do you know those Muslim are not chinese Islam? They are Qiang who are separatists.

Whatever else you think they are they probably want to separate from China for the same reason the Uyghurs do, whose Muslim population vastly outnumber the Qiang Muslims.

In the meantime I think it's pretty safe to assume you do approve of China's policy towards Islamic people.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Whatever else you think they are they probably want to separate from China for the same reason the Uyghurs do, whose Muslim population vastly outnumber the Qiang Muslims.

In the meantime I think it's pretty safe to assume you do approve of China's policy towards Islamic people.

Sry, I am not ok with that. In fact, I find all China's religion (christianity, buddhism, .....) policies are dead wrong. Of course, you won't hear other china's religion policies in the news :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, jacee said:

Well here's a start in taking on the white supremacists: Grandaddy poobah Paul Fromm himself! 

Hamilton police investigating after white nationalist posts suspected mosque shooter manifesto

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/paul-fromm-1.5061974

It’s hard to judge because we don’t know what’s in the manifesto.  I do think we need to openly analyze what extremists are saying so that we can try to understand what’s happening and what about it is dangerous.  Again, hard to say without knowing the content, because the content may very well incite violence.  I know NZ media are avoiding publicizing biographical information about the shooter to prevent glorifying the perpetrator and encouraging copycats who might seek notoriety.  

2 hours ago, jacee said:

Italians suffered a lot from prejudice and xenophobia in Canada.

There's always some cowardly jerks who like to pick on the new guys.

We should f*kn dropkick the lot of you back to Europe! Where's this magical white nation where you want to land, Argus? 

However, Europeans who came to Canada has much in common with Canada way of life.  Comperable life styles.  Canada was built upon a mix of Judeao Christian Values and Greek logic.

12 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s hard to judge because we don’t know what’s in the manifesto.  I do think we need to openly analyze what extremists are saying so that we can try to understand what’s happening and what about it is dangerous.  Again, hard to say without knowing the content, because the content may very well incite violence.  I know NZ media are avoiding publicizing biographical information about the shooter to prevent glorifying the perpetrator and encouraging copycats who might seek notoriety.  

I have a copy of the manifesto.  If Im allowed to post it here I will or I can email it to you if you wish.  If that is permitted.  But its very long and rambling.  Around 100 pages.

It's a very disturbing and evil document.

Edited by Donnie

1 minute ago, Donnie said:

I have a copy of the manifesto.  If Im allowed to post it here I will or I can email it to you if you wish.  If that is permitted.  But its very long and rambling.  Around 100 pages.

It's a very disturbing and evil document.

I suggest asking the moderator.  I don’t want to see you get in trouble.  I’m sure you mean well but this is a sensitive time.  I remember hearing about a guy being refused entry on a plane because he joked about having a bomb shortly after 911 happened.  

Ultimately I do think we should be able to analyze such documents and I certainly don’t think the vast majority of people would come away from reading such a document thinking, this guy was justified in committing mass murder.  The problem is that there are some real loose canons out there and feelings among Muslim communities are very raw right now.  I think we should be sensitive to that.  

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I suggest asking the moderator.  I don’t want to see you get in trouble.  I’m sure you mean well but this is a sensitive time.  I remember hearing about a guy being refused entry on a plane because he joked about having a bomb shortly after 911 happened.  

Ultimately I do think we should be able to analyze such documents and I certainly don’t think the vast majority of people would come away from reading such a document thinking, this guy was justified in committing mass murder.  The problem is that there are some real loose canons out there and feelings among Muslim communities are very raw right now.  I think we should be sensitive to that.  

I appreciate that and i agree completely.  I said If im allowed hoping  an adim would chime in.  I dont want to get into trouble unintentionally by trying to be a good guy to the forum.  I believe   information should be free and uncensored.  But this isn't my site and I have respect for the owner(s). So...

Tl;dr : I agree.  I'll await word from the forum gods before doing anything :)

30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Don't strain yourself about judging. There are professionals for that.

10 minutes ago, Donnie said:

I appreciate that and i agree completely.  I said If im allowed hoping  an adim would chime in.  I dont want to get into trouble unintentionally by trying to be a good guy to the forum.  I believe   information should be free and uncensored.  But this isn't my site and I have respect for the owner(s). So...

Tl;dr : I agree.  I'll await word from the forum gods before doing anything :)

Wow. You have really good connections with white supremacists! 

Sure. Go ahead and post it.

Edited by jacee

20 minutes ago, jacee said:

Don't strain yourself about judging. There are professionals for that.

I disagree.  I trust my intellect and education to allow me to make sensible judgments on many subjects.  Access to information and the free exchange of ideas is critical to the healthy functioning of a society.  Do you really want to return to ecclesiastical hierarchies where decisions are made for you?  We have a flattening of hierarchies in the Information Age, thankfully.  If I have concerns about my health, I will see doctors AND I’ll do my own research.  That’s the advantage of having an unprecedented amount of knowledge at our fingertips.  

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree.  I trust my intellect and education to allow me to make sensible judgments on many subjects.  Access to information and the free exchange of ideas is critical to the healthy functioning of a society.  Do you really want to return to ecclesiastical hierarchies where decisions are made for you?  We have a flattening of hierarchies in the Information Age, thankfully.  If I have concerns about my health, I will see doctors AND I’ll do my own research.  That’s the advantage of having an unprecedented amount of knowledge at our fingertips.  

We have the Justice system. A hate screed is not 'free speech'. 

8 hours ago, jacee said:

Wow. You have really good connections with white supremacists! 

A lot of people in the media and government have this document. 

He sent it out to the media and government agencies before the shooting or just after if I remember correctly.

36 minutes ago, Donnie said:

A lot of people in the media and government have this document. 

He sent it out to the media and government agencies before the shooting or just after if I remember correctly.

Go ahead and post it, Donnie. :lol:

Live free!

3 meals a day and a lumpy mattress. :lol:

Edited by jacee