Time to take on far-right terrorists

It looks like we don't have to worry about alt-right terrorists. They're not the real culprit! The leader of a New Zealand mosque has stated that he was just a tool for 'Zionists'! Yes, it was those dirty Jews again! Allah save us!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45130/well-known-leader-new-zealands-largest-mosque-hank-berrien

6 hours ago, GostHacked said:

So here is how it will go :

No illegal immigration,  which you would not oppose

Vetting people from certain nations , which you would not oppose

Revoking citizenship of convicted terrorists , which you would not oppose.

So if those are Nazi tactics,  Welcome to the fold brother!!!

Or you'll ... what?

You'll leave the country? :)

13 hours ago, jacee said:

The anti-Muslim rhetoric of white supremacists is not necessarily protected as free speech. 

Free speech does not apply when to inciting or promoting hatred against identifiable groups of people (simply because they belong to the group: e.g., Muslim, Jewish, Black, gay, trans, immigrants, etc).

It's a high standard for charges (must be approved by the Attorney General) and conviction. 

EG

Jim Keegstra, Alberta holocaust denier, convicted 1985.

Kevin J Johnstone, Mississauga currently facing Section 319 charges.

Paul Fromm, Hamilton, currently under investigation for Section 319 violations.

Anti-muslim rhetoric should be protected free speech. Holocaust denial should be protected free speech. Inciting and promoting hatred should be protected free speech.

Canada wouldn't know what free speech is, if it slapped them in the face. Canada is notorious for their hatred of free speech, hate speech laws are the prime example of that.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Canadian business needs to invest more in training. Period. Instead they advertise a job demanding multiple years of experience with rock bottom salary and then go whine to government when they can't find anyone.

You still don't know what you're talking about.

It's not possible to pay people at "rock bottom salary". Why? Because if they want to hire a foreign worker, the salary they pay must be at the prevailing wage for that position.

image.thumb.png.de4a6f1a9dddfced143a59104e6d5147.png

4 hours ago, Argus said:

I'd never heard of them until recently, and just checked wiki. What did you see that looked rabid?

They have a FB page, their profile pic looks like a loser biker gang showing off their weapons. It’s literally dream come true for people looking for pics to use for an ad about banning guns. It’s making me rethink my stance on that issue. 

Just kidding, I’m 50. To late to start thinking now. 

14 minutes ago, marcus said:

You still don't know what you're talking about.

It's not possible to pay people at "rock bottom salary". Why? Because if they want to hire a foreign worker, the salary they pay must be at the prevailing wage for that position.

The “prevailing wage” just goes down when you bring in enough foreign workers. 

A wage is only as high as the lowest bids from potential & able workers. One unskilled immigrant won’t change anything but a whole horde will change everything.

That’s why racist Dems love illegal immigration so much. 

I’m not talking about the goodie-goodie front men who got sucked in to joining the party or the poor saps that are voting for them. I’m talking about party backers like Soros. The real power behind the throne. Puppet masters. The kinds of people who make guys like Obama wealthy all of a sudden, despite 8 years of only making $400k. 

Captains of industry love a huge pool of unskilled labour for their sweatshops. They just hate it when they invest in a foreign labour market and some “asshole” like Gandhi comes along and screws everything up for them. 

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re just wrong.  The births of both Moses and Jesus took place when Pharoah and Herod issued edicts to murder first born males.  Murder is a sin.  The only biblical sanction of an infanticide was Abraham being asked by God to sacrifice Isaac as a test of his loyalty. God then tells Abraham he can sacrifice an animal instead.  These stories are mostly metaphorical.  

Be careful not to make false claims. Hitler was perhaps the antithesis of Christian. Pol Pot may have been raised Buddhist, but he became an atheist communist dictator.  Stalin became an atheist communist.  I say this not to condemn atheists.  My point is that hate and murder have nothing to do with most religions and most brands of atheism and humanism.  Don’t make spurious claims.  Religion can be used for good or ill much like atheism. Twisted people twist.  Some religions are healthier than others, however, just as some political ideologies are healthier than others. 

You are denying the biblical quotes I provided? I didn't make those up. They are right out of the Book OF Lies.

Moses and jesus are both mythical. The historical record knows them not and there is no god outside of the bible. While there have been atheists who committed atrocities, they did not commit them in the name of atheism, but because they were insane. The religious, however, have killed-are killing-millions, in the name of imaginary beings. Sin is a religious concept and thus only the religious can be, or are, sinners. 

10 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

White Racists are almost exclusively xians.

RC you have a really pathetic, hate-fueled agenda against Christianity and you make a lot of stupid, unsubstantiated claims. 

Where is your proof of this?

FYI, a lot of people hide behind religion, or more specifically Christianity, for credibility and to suck in sheep like a bunch of vagina-hat-wearing morons. Did you ever hear about the convict who went to a parole hearing without a bible? Me neither. Do you know what percentage of those guys reoffend, vs the percentage who ever set foot in a church on the outside? It’s not good. 

What makes you think that Hitler’s actions represent anyone outside of Nazi Germany in the early 40’s? Or the handful of losers that would never fit into any decent society anywhere?

You could try your best to raise a million kids to be pure as the driven snow and some would kill. You could raise a million kids to be murderers and some would rather die. Religion is a behaviour modifier but it’s not perfect and it can’t always do what it’s programmers want it to.

There’s a lesson to be learned from the “no true Scotsman” logical fallacy. People’s “groups” aren’t truly defined by where they live or whether or not they engage in all the local passtimes or what code they pretend to follow. They’re defined by what they do when they’re in a position of power.

I could pretend to be a Buddhist or a Christian but I could never live up to the example set by Christ or Buddha. They aren’t realistic, it’s just an unachievable goal like AOC’s green plan. 

I’m Canadian. We fight, sometimes die, for noble causes. Our moral code is way easier to live up to than Buddha’s or Christ’s - I’d never move worms out of the way so I could dig a hole and forgiveness is beyond me. I don’t even give a crap, I don’t want to change.

I understand that people like you don’t like what Canada represents, and you’re free to voice your opinion, but you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think your twisted vitriol can ever make us change our minds. We’re not as ignorant as you think.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

RC you have a really pathetic, hate-fueled agenda against Christianity and you make a lot of stupid, unsubstantiated claims. 

FYI, a lot of people hide behind religion, or more specifically Christianity, for credibility and to suck in sheep like a bunch of vagina-hat-wearing morons. Did you ever hear about the convict who went to a parole hearing without a bible? Me neither. Do you know what percentage of those guys reoffend, vs the percentage who ever set foot in a church on the outside? It’s not good. 

What makes you think that Hitler’s actions represent anyone outside of Nazi Germany in the early 40’s? Or the handful of losers that would never fit into any decent society anywhere?

You could try your best to raise a million kids to be pure as the driven snow and some would kill. You could raise a million kids to be murderers and some would rather die. Religion is a behaviour modifier but it’s not perfect and it can’t always do what it’s programmers want it to.

There’s a lesson to be learned from the “no true Scotsman” logical fallacy. People’s “groups” aren’t truly defined by where they live or whether or not they engage in all the local passtimes or what code they pretend to follow. They’re defined by what they do when they’re in a position of power.

I could pretend to be a Buddhist or a Christian but I could never live up to the example set by Christ or Buddha. They aren’t realistic, it’s just an unachievable goal like AOC’s green plan. 

I’m Canadian. We fight, sometimes die, for noble causes. Our moral code is way easier to live up to than Buddha’s or Christ’s - I’d never move worms out of the way so I could dig a hole and forgiveness is beyond me. I don’t even give a crap, I don’t want to change.

I understand that people like you don’t like what Canada represents, and you’re free to voice your opinion, but you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think your twisted vitriol can ever make us change our minds. We’re not as ignorant as you think.

Most white people are Christian, it's not all that surprising that most white supremacists are also Christian, it would be weird if that wasn't the case.
/shrugs

A person making such statements isn't an indication that they have a hate fueled agenda against Christianity, it's a simple observation.

Edited by Yzermandius19

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I am equally against all religions. All are false, teach ignorance, hatred and separation. Anyone who reads the bible with understand and remains xian is a person of questionable intelligence. Read the biblical quotes in the link I provided above. The KKK is a xian organization, ask them. Every racist which has ever appeared in the media has been waving bibles and crosses. 

Mankind's moral standards were well established eons before xianity was invented and the xian mythology became popular. Most of the fables in your bible can be found in earlier pagan myths. The 10 commandments can be found in the Code of Hammurabi which predates xianity by a considerable amount of time. Jesus is a myth predicated upon older pagan rising god myths almost exactly the inventors didn't show much cleverness when they purlond the idea. History doesn't know the man.

I acknowledge we Canadians have many ignorant, willfully blind, uninformed and sadly, just plain brainwashed people who accept this mythology as true and ignore the fact it is entirely made up.

But we are not as ignorant as the US is where belief in imaginary beings, people who never lived and events which never took place, is a rampant mental illness.  

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Most white people are Christian, it's not all that surprising that most white supremacists are also Christian, it would be weird if that wasn't the case.
/shrugs

A person making such statements isn't an indication that they have a hate fueled agenda against Christianity, it's a simple observation.

A simple observation or an intentionally inaccurate comment?

It's not like it was 1 sentence in an entire book. It was his whole post.

1 hour ago, Realitycheck said:

I am equally against all religions. All are false, teach ignorance, hatred and separation. Anyone who reads the bible with understand and remains xian is a person of questionable intelligence. Read the biblical quotes in the link I provided above. The KKK is a xian organization, ask them. Every racist which has ever appeared in the media has been waving bibles and crosses. 

Mankind's moral standards were well established eons before xianity was invented and the xian mythology became popular. Most of the fables in your bible can be found in earlier pagan myths. The 10 commandments can be found in the Code of Hammurabi which predates xianity by a considerable amount of time. Jesus is a myth predicated upon older pagan rising god myths almost exactly the inventors didn't show much cleverness when they purlond the idea. History doesn't know the man.

I acknowledge we Canadians have many ignorant, willfully blind, uninformed and sadly, just plain brainwashed people who accept this mythology as true and ignore the fact it is entirely made up.

But we are not as ignorant as the US is where belief in imaginary beings, people who never lived and events which never took place, is a rampant mental illness.  

It's not "my" religion, I don't have any imaginary friends. But I am a Canadian and this country was founded on Christian principles, ideals, so I still respect the religion. I respect John A MacDonald too. I know he was a bad person by our standards, but he was good by the standards of his day and age, and an important stepping stone from a dark past into a better future. I like that our country can continue to grow and evolve, that it's not stuck in the mud - tied to a book from the deeply bigoted past.

Yes, I'm aware of the greatest story ever told, and there is more than 1 previous version of a guy born to a virgin mom at that time of year etc, etc. There are lots of previous versions of him. Maybe 10? 

If you're a humanitarian then you should be able to appreciate what Christianity tries to get people to aspire to. People who choose to follow someone like Jesus or Buddha are at least trying. It's intended to be a behaviour modifier, and a positive one. 

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Pointing out that most white supremacists are Christians isn't inaccurate.

It's intentionally misleading. People pretending to be Christians for the instant credibility they get aren't the same as people who actually care about the religion.

If Christ didn't massacre Jews, I can't massacre Jews and call it a Christian act. It just isn't, it's my own evil act. The standard for what is and isn't a Christian act was set 2,000 years ago. I can't change that regardless of what I do. Nor can a bunch of skinheads.

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's intentionally misleading. People pretending to be Christians for the instant credibility they get aren't the same as people who actually care about the religion.

If Christ didn't massacre Jews, I can't massacre Jews and call it a Christian act. It just isn't, it's my own evil act. The standard for what is and isn't a Christian act was set 2,000 years ago. I can't change that regardless of what I do. Nor can a bunch of skinheads.

No True Scotsman. Just because most white supremacists don't seem very Christian to you doesn't mean most of them aren't Christians. It's not misleading.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

The value in religion is a moral framework, and no doubt there are multiple frameworks with positive moral codes.  Yes some wars have been fought in the name of religion, but certainly not all.  When the state tries to remove or ban religion, the highest moral authority becomes the state, for example, V. Lenin in Soviet Russia.  Of course no person is or can be a god.  The religious instinct is part of the human psyche.  Read Joseph Campbell and get back to me.  That’s fine if you think it’s all myth.  Nevertheless the Bible is the most influential book in our culture for a reason.  Read Northrop Frye and Carl Jung. Appreciate the power of these stories which have ancient antecedents and appear in similar forms in virtually every culture.  That’s the Hero’s Quest. It’s even in Star Wars.  

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's not "my" religion, I don't have any imaginary friends. But I am a Canadian and this country was founded on Christian principles, ideals, so I still respect the religion. I respect John A MacDonald too. I know he was a bad person by our standards, but he was good by the standards of his day and age, and an important stepping stone from a dark past into a better future. I like that our country can continue to grow and evolve, that it's not stuck in the mud - tied to a book from the deeply bigoted past.

Yes, I'm aware of the greatest story ever told, and there is more than 1 previous version of a guy born to a virgin mom at that time of year etc, etc. There are lots of previous versions of him. Maybe 10? 

If you're a humanitarian then you should be able to appreciate what Christianity tries to get people to aspire to. People who choose to follow someone like Jesus or Buddha are at least trying. It's intended to be a behaviour modifier, and a positive one. 

Well, you sure sound like a believer. Rational people don't refer to the Book Of Lies as "The greatest story ever told". Rather, the greatest lie ever concocted. As I pointed out earlier, mankind's ethical and moral standards were established and practiced long before xianity was invented. Nothing honours paganism  with great fealty than xianity. Easter and xmas and many other so-called "xian" holy days and practices owe their origins to pagans. Since jesus is a myth and Buddha's existence highly questionable, what one is "following" is nothing more than older pagan practices and beliefs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The value in religion is a moral framework, and no doubt there are multiple frameworks with positive moral codes.  Yes some wars have been fought in the name of religion, but certainly not all.  When the state tries to remove or ban religion, the highest moral authority becomes the state, for example, V. Lenin in Soviet Russia.  Of course no person is or can be a god.  The religious instinct is part of the human psyche.  Read Joseph Campbell and get back to me.  That’s fine if you think it’s all myth.  Nevertheless the Bible is the most influential book in our culture for a reason.  Read Northrop Frye and Carl Jung. Appreciate the power of these stories which have ancient antecedents and appear in similar forms in virtually every culture.  That’s the Hero’s Quest. It’s even in Star Wars.  

The "power" of these stories merely points to the gullibility of millions of people regardless of which myth they choose to be fooled by. As I pointed out in earlier posts, mankind's moral framework has been well established and long before any of the currently popular mythologies became popular. Morals and ethics are inherent in the human psyche.  

3 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

I doubt that those people know that they're testifying to mohammed being their true prophet, and that he chopped the heads off of over 500 men and forced their wives and children into rape-slavery. It makes the mosque attack look like child's play.

3 hours ago, Realitycheck said:

Well, you sure sound like a believer. Rational people don't refer to the Book Of Lies as "The greatest story ever told". Rather, the greatest lie ever concocted. As I pointed out earlier, mankind's ethical and moral standards were established and practiced long before xianity was invented. Nothing honours paganism  with great fealty than xianity. Easter and xmas and many other so-called "xian" holy days and practices owe their origins to pagans. Since jesus is a myth and Buddha's existence highly questionable, what one is "following" is nothing more than older pagan practices and beliefs.

When I say "greatest story ever told" it literally means "story", as in re-hashed story. Not "accurate historical account".

I never said the virgin birth etc was gospel truth. I'm not vouching for any of it. 

It's a story, and some people choose to believe it, and the end result is that they're choosing a positive role model. Just like if kids choose to be fans of Wayne Gretzky or Lionel Messi instead of Clifford Olson. 

Does it make a difference to you what observances were originally held by pagans on those dates, or are you just trying to throw out some facts to sound intelligent? It doesn't make any difference does it RC?