Time to take on far-right terrorists

25 minutes ago, jacee said:

There is a distinction drawn between people "speaking their mind" to others privately (not a crime) and people organizing rallies in public spaces, or promoting their views publicly (online, distributing flyers, etc) in order to incite and recruit others against a particular group (a crime). 

Tricky distinction perhaps, but the justice system is created for such, and it is a high standard for charges and convictions.

White Nationalists position themselves as defenders of 'free speech', and they push the boundaries intentionally to test the limits of society's tolerance and the law. I think such organized and intentional campaigns to villify a group are a different kettle of fish from individuals just "speaking their mind".

There's a word for folks obsessed by race like you are.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Am I for legal immigration?   100% YES

Am I for illegal immigration ?  100% NO

Admitted, some people crossed the border illegally/irregularly (which happens in Europe all the time, btw). But the way you word it suggests that's all they had to do to stay in Canada, and that just is not true. They are subject to the same assessment processes as all refugees, and many will be denied. 

The only difference is that refugees are usually processed overseas by Canadian officials before arrival in Canada, after 'illegally' crossing a border into a 'safe' country. 

35 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Should we vet people from certain nations with legal immigration ?  100% Yes

???

We vet every applicant from every nation for immigration to Canada.

43 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Should we deport revoke immigrants citizenship if convicted of terrorism?  I lean to YES with caveats.

Caveats like ... we can't leave a person stateless; we can't discriminate against citizens who are "immigrants", some of whom arrived as children; we can't discriminate against Canadians who hold dual citizenship; what about people who are 2nd/3rd/4th + generation 'immigrants' who hold dual citizenship? 

The laws hold people accountable for crimes. You can't punish some Canadians more harshly simply because they hold dual citizenship.

All of these 'caveats' have been fully considered in arriving at the conclusion that criminal Canadian citizens are subject to the laws and punishments of Canada, and no more.

53 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

If you disagree with any of those notions I would suggest you find another place to live. 

If you disagree with the judgements made, you are free to leave.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What's really scary is that Google is allegedly altering history now at the behest of politicians. If it's true, they're "Big Brother".

What one needs to understand is that we have moved into the realm of technocracies. And that is mostly AI algorithms doing that work. But you don't get to be a technocracy without government purposefully moving towards that.

• Like 1

Just now, GostHacked said:

Just like those obsessed with certain religions.

Islam isn't a race...it's a man-made religion...and it's proper to note its uncivilized methods of killing apostates and other things you don't mind.

14 minutes ago, jacee said:

Admitted, some people crossed the border illegally/irregularly (which happens in Europe all the time, btw). But the way you word it suggests that's all they had to do to stay in Canada, and that just is not true. They are subject to the same assessment processes as all refugees, and many will be denied. 

The only difference is that refugees are usually processed overseas by Canadian officials before arrival in Canada, after 'illegally' crossing a border into a 'safe' country. 

Refugees are a different in my opinion.

???

We vet every applicant from every nation for immigration to Canada.

Well, that is what we hope.

Caveats like ... we can't leave a person stateless; we can't discriminate against citizens who are "immigrants", some of whom arrived as children; we can't discriminate against Canadians who hold dual citizenship; what about people who are 2nd/3rd/4th + generation 'immigrants' who hold dual citizenship? 

The laws hold people accountable for crimes. You can't punish some Canadians more harshly simply because they hold dual citizenship.

Ban dual citizenship. Easy solution.

All of these 'caveats' have been fully considered in arriving at the conclusion that criminal Canadian citizens are subject to the laws and punishments of Canada, and no more.

If you disagree with the judgements made, you are free to leave.

Again, not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Thanks for the confirmation and proving my point.

That you support Islam and all its barbarity? Most certainly you do. Others are less keen on its treatment of the Unbeliever, women, dogs, etc. But you like what Islam does, so you defend it at all costs.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

My crowd is a-ok. You know what I'm talking about so steer clear of the cheap points.

You said (and I paraphrase) that an average person wouldn't know right from wrong if some religion didn't teach them. (But you're not religious.)

I just think you must have experienced a very limited range of people.  

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

That you support Islam and all its barbarity? Most certainly you do. Others are less keen on its treatment of the Unbeliever, women, dogs, etc. But you like what Islam does, so you defend it at all costs.

Nice trolling, that's all that needs to be said here. Moving on.

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

What one needs to understand is that we have moved into the realm of technocracies. And that is mostly AI algorithms doing that work. But you don't get to be a technocracy without government purposefully moving towards that.

It's becoming so obvious that the news is completely dishonest that we need to look to videos that we see on the internet from sources that we consider "somewhat" reliable. But even that's a huge minefield of conflicting agendas and total BS.

Now, to make matters worse, photoshopping videos is even becoming a thing. 

They could photoshop a video of AOC saying something brilliant or Adam Schiff telling the truth and it would be almost impossible for the average person to know it's fake.

It seems as though, just at the moment when humanity is starting to get a real shot at seeing certain truths that were out of reach before, the powers that be have found a new way to shove fake news down our throats.

Nice trolling, that's all that needs to be said here. Moving on.

No worries, you've been tagged and bagged as usual. Enjoy your day. Try not to spit on any uncovered women.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

You said (and I paraphrase) that an average person wouldn't know right from wrong if some religion didn't teach them. (But you're not religious.)

I just think you must have experienced a very limited range of people.  

Sorry, I've experienced most of them. Love my dog more all the time.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

It's becoming so obvious that the news is completely dishonest that we need to look to videos that we see on the internet from sources that we consider "somewhat" reliable. But even that's a huge minefield of conflicting agendas and total BS.

Many of us came to that conclusion decades ago.

Has been a thing for a very longtime.

They could photoshop a video of AOC saying something brilliant or Adam Schiff telling the truth and it would be almost impossible for the average person to know it's fake.

It seems as though, just at the moment when humanity is starting to get a real shot at seeing certain truths that were out of reach before, the powers that be have found a new way to shove fake news down our throats.

Yes that is all possible. I've been dealing with tech for 20+ years and what I see is really crazy and actually down right scary at times.  That's a good topic for another thread, for technocracies.

47 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Your mind is apparently broken RC.

1) It's totally irrelevant whether or not Buddha lived, because his followers believe that he lived and they try to emulate his actions. So you see, Buddha is a good role model even if it's just the idea of Buddha. He's a good role model now, even if he was actually a terrible role model in real life, because the enduring stories about him are all extremely positive. 

That's point #1. It should be really easy to understand.

2) If those actions are the worst things that Jesus did in all his years then he truly was an amazing person. He had almost infinite power at his disposal and he even didn't kill a single person or take a single slave? Didn't rob a bank?

He has a laundry list of amazing things that he did for other people using his God-given powers, he didn't break a single commandment in all his life with all that power, and you're focusing on 7 items which an average person could do in a day and no one would even call the police.....? He definitely wasn't human even if he just had above-average power and managed to do the things mentioned so far in point #2.

Dude you're doing absolutely everything that you can to throw shade on decent people and destroy their legacy of mind-blowing accomplishments, for what? It's time for you to look in a mirror man. You're all about bearing false witness against people and that's ultra-pathetic. Not because it's "the 8th commandment", because it just speaks volumes about your integrity. Straighten up, fly right. 

That's point #2. Own it. Change. Grow. The people who love you will benefit greatly from it.

One cannot bear false witness against imaginary beings.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

No worries, you've been tagged and bagged as usual. Enjoy your day. Try not to spit on any uncovered women.

Even if i was a Muslim, I am safe from anything you do. Because any action against me would be 'nazi like tactics'.  :D 

2 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Even if i was a Muslim, I am safe from anything you do. Because any action against me would be 'nazi like tactics'.  :D 

I just did it to you here, silly.

I don't engage in violence. If you do...stop.

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If I ever see some news report showing Trump not lying, then I'll consider you conspiracy theorists may be on to something. AOC btw is a brilliant woman and much more intelligent and better educated than anyone here.

6 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

One cannot bear false witness against imaginary beings.

Feel free to just slither on out of any question for which you have no satisfactory answer. 

It must be nice to never experience any cognitive dissonance. Just deny, ignore, obfuscate, skew, omit, and then spew some more garbage. When you get called out, just repeat the entire cycle.

You should run for leadership of the Liberal party. If they ask for references just show them this thread. You're like their messiah.

7 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

If I ever see some news report showing Trump not lying, then I'll consider you conspiracy theorists may be on to something. AOC btw is a brilliant woman and much more intelligent and better educated than anyone here.

Boom! This post right here says almost everything that a person needs to know about you.

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Feel free to just slither on out of any question for which you have no satisfactory answer. 

It must be nice to never experience any cognitive dissonance. Just deny, ignore, obfuscate, skew, omit, and then spew some more garbage. When you get called out, just repeat the entire cycle.

You should run for leadership of the Liberal party. If they ask for references just show them this thread. You're like their messiah.

You are clearly the one with the serpentine spine. You keep making false claims about an imaginary person as though they had been real.  

50 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

Speak for yourself.  You don’t know how bright or educated anyone on here is in relation to her.  I appreciate her energy and ideas, but she doesn’t have a monopoly on good ideas.