Time to take on far-right terrorists

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry, we might as well give up jumping through hoops on the obvious since you will just demand we display our conservative purity certificate at the end of the discussion.

You're the guy who dismisses any academic who doesn't agree with him as a "shit intellectual" and you expect me to blithely accept the mouthings of someone I've never heard of without any evidence simply because she's a college professor? Give us all a break. You're running around in full combat mode because some guy in New Zealand shot up a mosque. You certainly weren't doing that when Muslims mowed down dozens of people in a variety of terrorist attacks in Europe. Why the difference? Back then if you were posting at all it was to say we shouldn't blame all Muslims for the actions of one or two or three or ten people. Now you're running around insisting we have to blame all people who are on the far side of conservative for what one idiot did in New Zealand.

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

The yellow Vests seem to be a blue collar oil worker type response to the french version, mostly upset at Trudeau for not pushing through pipelines and for blocking resource development. The Soldiers of Odin and the Proud Boys appear to be a response to ANTIFA and their violence towards conservatives. None, so far as I'm aware, has a white nationalist philosophy, nor is only open to whites. None are organized to hate any particular group ( other than ANTIFA).

Antifa = the Sturmabteilung 

sturmabteilung-1.jpg?itok=ZGBsucyB

Surely the Far-right nationalist ilks in here would celebrate this.

Anti-Muslim hate crimes soar in UK after Christchurch shootings

The number of anti-Muslim hate crimes reported across Britain increased by 593% in the week after a white supremacist killed worshippers at two New Zealand mosques

95 incidents were reported to the charity between 15 March, the day of the New Zealand atrocity, and midnight on 21 March. Of those, 85 incidents – 89% of the total – contained direct references to the New Zealand attacks and featured gestures such as mimicking firearms being fired at Muslims.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/22/anti-muslim-hate-crimes-soar-in-uk-after-christchurch-shootings?CMP=share_btn_tw

Just now, Saudi Monitor said:

Surely the Far-right nationalist ilks in here would celebrate this.

Anti-Muslim hate crimes soar in UK after Christchurch shootings

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/mar/22/anti-muslim-hate-crimes-soar-in-uk-after-christchurch-shootings?CMP=share_btn_tw

The extremist here is YOU, Sharia.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

1. You're the guy who dismisses any academic who doesn't agree with him as a "shit intellectual"

2. You certainly weren't doing that when Muslims mowed down dozens of people in a variety of terrorist attacks in Europe. Why the difference?

1. Nope - not any academic just one and it wasn't because I disagree with him.  You just wrote off all of academia, basically.

2. Are you saying I support terrorism ?  Maybe if Muslims were online here saying that the Charlie Hebdo staff deserved it I may have replied to them.  Instead I have Canadian housewives saying the 3- and 5- year old children deserve to be shot and you are calling me out.  

3 hours ago, Argus said:

A nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there. Because if you lived there and you said anything, even by mistake, which could be construed as being against the government, or Islamic values you would probably discover just how awful they could be. If you lived there you would find your freedoms severely limited, especially if you were a woman. You would also find in any legal entanglement, that you., as a non-Muslim, are not treated as well as a Muslim. And if it became broadly known you were an atheist you could be imprisoned.

Actually, wife and I seriously considered living in KSA half time.  My friends there all know I am atheist (or sort of gnostic) and if anyone were to threaten me with prosecution, they would go to the wall for me...for THAT is what is required of them (yes, doctrine is very contradictory).  If we didn't have grandkids here, might have pulled the trigger.

20 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

What do you LIKE most about Islam?

There is not much I like about that barbaric tenth century pathetic religious ism.There is one thing for sure and that is that Islamism has and never will be able to offer anything to the infidels of the West but hatred and violence. Islam has not done anything all that great for mankind, oops I mean people kind. I had to quickly correct my political incorrectness there.  :D 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

There is not much I like about that barbaric tenth century pathetic religious ism.There is one thing for sure and that is that Islamism has and never will be able to offer anything to the infidels of the West but hatred and violence. Islam has not done anything all that great for mankind, oops I mean people kind. I had to quickly correct my political incorrectness there.  :D 

I notice that NONE of the Islamophiles here can articulate anything they like about this death cult.

I think they want to embrace it just to "piss-off" the "right-wing"...thinking that they're in the driver's seat when it comes to controlling this 1400+ year old menace to Western Civilization...which they all seem to despise, anyways. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I notice that NONE of the Islamophiles here can articulate anything they like about this death cult.

I think they want to embrace it just to "piss-off" the "right-wing"...thinking that they're in the driver's seat when it comes to controlling this 1400+ year old menace to Western Civilization...which they all seem to despise, anyways. 

That is because there is nothing to articulate about. I wish that those pro Muslims here would tell us something that is supposed to be oh so good and nice about Islamism.  We await. 

I think that most bleeding heart people in the West are clueless as far as Islam goes. They mostly will only listen to the alt-left liberal media where they will never learn anything about the evils of Islam. They only get to see and be told that Muslims are always the victim. It's the infidels in the West that are the evil ones in the world. 

Just now, taxme said:

That is because there is nothing to articulate about. I wish that those pro Muslims here would tell us something that is supposed to be oh so good and nice about Islamism.  We await. 

I think that most bleeding heart people in the West are clueless as far as Islam goes. They mostly will only listen to the alt-left liberal media where they will never learn anything about the evils of Islam. They only get to see and be told that Muslims are always the victim. It's the infidels in the West that are the evil ones in the world. 

History isn't a strong suit in these folks. And neither is philosophy...never hearing of George Santayana, for one.

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

Actually, wife and I seriously considered living in KSA half time.  My friends there all know I am atheist (or sort of gnostic) and if anyone were to threaten me with prosecution, they would go to the wall for me...for THAT is what is required of them (yes, doctrine is very contradictory).  If we didn't have grandkids here, might have pulled the trigger.

Call me when you visit KSA buddy. And trust me, KSA is probably as safe a place as you will get to see.  The common denominator amongst western visitors who travel to the country, in all of their reports, KSA is nothing like it is presented in the western media and its people are the most hospitable and welcoming people imaginable.

Hopefully, you will get the chance to verify what I said on your own by visiting the country. cheers! 

3 minutes ago, Saudi Monitor said:

Call me when you visit KSA buddy. And trust me, KSA is probably as safe a place as you will get to see.  The common denominator amongst western visitors who travel to the country, in all of their reports, KSA is nothing like it is presented in the western media and its people are the most hospitable and welcoming people imaginable.

Hopefully, you will get the chance to verify what I said on your own by visiting the country. cheers! 

Taqiya 

You're omitting the fact that when you visit KSA, you have to give away your passport ****(not password) to a Saudi citizen, who decides when you leave.

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

A lot of people go to the wall in Saudi Arabia.  You think you can live there as an outsider and be exempted from that, but so did those guys in China currently in a prison waiting trial.

I would rather not live my life hoping no one important notices me or takes offense at me, that I don't accidentally insult some under-minister's third cousin and find myself in a prison cell.

Edited by Argus

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam a supremacist religion.

All religions are supremacist. 

Not my cuppa tea, but in Canada, people are free to believe what they wish as long as they are not interfering with that right of others.

People can be challenged on their beliefs, but inciting or promoting hatred against people because of their religion is illegal.

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

All religions are supremacist. 

Not my cuppa tea, but in Canada, people are free to believe what they wish as long as they are not interfering with that right of others.

People can be challenged on their beliefs, but inciting or promoting hatred against people because of their religion is illegal.

No they aren't; only Islam declares that it will fight all others until ALL religion is for Allah.

From the Quran...

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

https://quran.com/8/39

Taqiya 

You're omitting the fact that when you visit KSA, you have to give away your passport ****(not password) to a Saudi citizen, who decides when you leave.

As Sally Field found out...

511B6493KML._SY445_.jpg

Edited by DogOnPorch

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

No they aren't; only Islam declares that it will fight all others until ALL religion is for Allah.

From the Quran...

And fight them until there is no fitnah and [until] the religion, all of it, is for Allah . And if they cease - then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do.

https://quran.com/8/39

Christian missionaries are all over the world, and pounding the pavement and doors here trying to convert people. Lol

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Christian missionaries are all over the world, and pounding the pavement and doors here trying to convert people. Lol

That's not fighting prescribed by Allah (who wrote the Quran) until you eliminate all other religions.

I fear you have too little understanding of Islam to discuss it. Let alone tell me what exactly you like about it. But, best of luck to you girls who join-up. 

20 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

That's not fighting prescribed by Allah (who wrote the Quran) until you eliminate all other religions.

I fear you have too little understanding of Islam to discuss it. Let alone tell me what exactly you like about it. But, best of luck to you girls who join-up. 

I have little understanding of any religions as they aren't of any interest to me. I find the battle-of-the-religious-books totally ridiculous. 

My interest in these discussions is in protecting people's freedom to have a religion if they wish, or not if they choose, without discrimination and without people inciting or promoting hatred against them. 

You certainly do incite and promote hatred against Muslims here, anonymously. I wonder if you are so brave about doing it publicly in Canada under your own name!? 

Edited by jacee

20 minutes ago, jacee said:

I have little understanding of any religions as they aren't of any interest to me. I find the battle-of-the-religious-books totally ridiculous. 

My interest in these discussions is in protecting people's freedom to have a religion if they wish, or not if they choose, without discrimination and without people inciting or promoting hatred against them. 

You certainly do incite and promote hatred against Muslims here, anonymously. I wonder if you are so brave about doing it in Canada under your own name!? 

You're free to love Islam with all your heart. Even without understanding it. 

However, be aware that Islam was created to be the final word on whose god is the 'real god'. They take it quite seriously even if you do not. That means loving what Allah loves and hating what Allah hates. I'm unaware of any other religion in use today that canonizes hate...hate for the other.

I'm an atheist, of course...so no, I don't want to 'respect' a 7th century dogma that wants me dead. That you, yourself, think I need to be "brave" to be critical of Islam using my real name shows me that you know how dangerous Islam is to its critics. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

(Islam's concept of love and hate for Allah)

Edited by DogOnPorch

25 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

You're free to love Islam with all your heart. Even without understanding it. 

However, be aware that Islam was created to be the final word on whose god is the 'real god'. They take it quite seriously even if you do not. That means loving what Allah loves and hating what Allah hates. I'm unaware of any other religion in use today that canonizes hate...hate for the other.

I'm an atheist, of course...so no, I don't want to 'respect' a 7th century dogma that wants me dead. That you, yourself, think I need to be "brave" to be critical of Islam using my real name shows me that you know how dangerous Islam is to its critics. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Wala'_Wal_Bara'

(Islam's concept of love and hate for Allah)

Nobody said you have to respect the dogma.

But you do have to refrain from inciting or promoting hatred against all Muslim people in a public way in Canada, to avoid legal repercussions for yourself. 

But of course you only do it anonymously, though in these days of heightened awareness of the consequences of hate propaganda, police may also be looking to identify anonymous online haters. 

5 hours ago, Saudi Monitor said:

I have made many, many trips and stays in KSA.  I have also been on several trips into smaller communities in the desert.  I never stay in Western hotels, always Saudi ones, and what you are saying about being welcoming and safe is very true.  I have enjoyed many an evening in those very special rooms in the back of many businesses where only good friends gain entry and vast quantities of tea and coffee float one away at the end of the day.  BUT: when I am away from friends and business associates, complete strangers treat me equally as well.  

I don't get back there any more because the business we did there is one I have retired from and has been sold to a private equity firm.  Still keep in touch with my close friends there, one of whom is now studying in College Station TX, as is his wife.  You know what I mean when I say that I am "part of a family" and understand the culture and mannerisms to the extent I have been invited to many family ceremonies where I tend to be able to avoid embarrassing my hosts.   Something you will probably appreciate:  when I go to the Saudi embassy in Dubai for a visa, I don't wait in any line.

BTW: lest one think it is just "me", one of my very good friends and business partners is Chinese - and of course has a very different viewpoint on the world.   He opened an office in Dammam for his former employers and has similar feelings and experiences from his time there.

Edited by cannuck
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, Argus said:

Agreed. And in every Muslim country people behave horribly. Every Muslim country is an awful place I would never want to visit, much less live.

This is exactly the problem. Your closed mind creates ignorance, which breeds bigotry. You have very little understanding of what you think you dislike.