Trudeau crying like the little b he is another time

32 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What we did to the Inuit makes all the silly little scandals like adscam, SNC-L, or the Pearson Government 5 scandal administration shrink to nothing. If you don't cry over a tragedy like this, you need professional help.

You might need to take your medications, in what way would you think I should cry about the tragedies that happened?

53 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What we did to the Inuit makes all the silly little scandals like adscam, SNC-L, or the Pearson Government 5 scandal administration shrink to nothing. If you don't cry over a tragedy like this, you need professional help.

As I understand it an uncaring government flew inuit with TB south to hospitals for treatment. Bastards!

And then, yes, an uncaring bureaucracy (which was likely never set up for this sort of thing) failed to inform the families when some of them died. But was it possible to phone? I mean, back then did the Inuit have regular access to phones? Did they even have mailing addresses? I'm not saying something couldn't have been or shouldn't have been done, but just that nobody was set up to do so.

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

in what way would you think I should cry about the tragedies that happened?

I don't know.  I just wish there was a way to make people with your sneering contempt for apologizing pay more for the restitution that's also due.    

I'd get a real chuckle out of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every Canadian should take all of this in history class, maybe cut a few of those gender equality classes out,  And yes someone has to say we are sorry...but really, does this liberal government need to say they are sorry for all of our past transgressions, in one 4 year term, can't we spread it out.....what is the next liberal government going to do, clean up SNC maybe.... I mean we as a nation screw up a lot of things, along the way...and I mean I could see if the liberals were going to fix some of these issues but thats not in the cards, all you get is the "sorry" and Justin gets to practice crying on demand...which he is very good at....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

What should make you cry is we Canadians voted these pricks in to government in the first place, and in most cases more than once...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Every Canadian should take all of this in history class, maybe cut a few of those gender equality classes out,  And yes someone has to say we are sorry...but really, does this liberal government need to say they are sorry for all of our past transgressions, in one 4 year term, can't we spread it out.....what is the next liberal government going to do, clean up SNC maybe.... I mean we as a nation screw up a lot of things, along the way...and I mean I could see if the liberals were going to fix some of these issues but thats not in the cards, all you get is the "sorry" and Justin gets to practice crying on demand...which he is very good at....

JT fixes (doing) nothing but winning brownie points here.

He just keeps on saying "sorry" for other people mistakes, I don't get it, what 's wrong with him :blink:

9 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Anyone has had enough of his crying hysterical fits?

Another day, another news of Justin Trudeau crying like a little b that he is, this time for the Inuits.

Why is such a mentally and emotionally unstable child running the country, again?

Does he cry out of context?  Is he the only one in the rooming crying? 

I don't know about anyone else, but I wonder what's going on with a person when they are overly emotional either high or low.

14 hours ago, Argus said:

As I understand it an uncaring government flew inuit with TB south to hospitals for treatment. Bastards!

And then, yes, an uncaring bureaucracy (which was likely never set up for this sort of thing) failed to inform the families when some of them died. But was it possible to phone? I mean, back then did the Inuit have regular access to phones? Did they even have mailing addresses? I'm not saying something couldn't have been or shouldn't have been done, but just that nobody was set up to do so.

I had to read up on it as I wasn’t clear as to what had happened.

As I understand it, during the war up to around 1950 the Gov’t sent medical ships to save lives and contain TB that could’ve wiped out communities, even though spending was very limited due to that war.  The gov’t did do the right thing as the Inuit were not ignored and were helped, but yes, they made mistakes, the largest being not keeping good records, and notifying families when someone died or was moved, but no computers or phones for the most part back then.    For  sure communications where not what they are today, no computers and no phones...       However, if an apology was needed and it helps them...  then Trudeau was the guy for that.

medical ships.jpg

Lots of self flagellation goes on with whites and our interactions with non whites.  It's silly and juvenile, IMO.

The world is a brutal place, humans don't treat each other very well, that hasn't changed in all of human history.  Crying over human history is a waste of time.  One can feel remorse and recognize actions as everything from improper to inhumane without weeping about it.  Where does the Self Flagellation stop, and is it only reserved for white peoples interaction with non whites ?

Does anyone demand the Mongols weep and apologize for their conquest and genocide of Asia and the fringes of Eastern Europe?  Where are the demands that African tribes who captured and sold other Africans into slavery be forced to make amends?  Likewise First Nations peoples had wars, killed each other, committed rape, enslaved and tortured other First Nations people.  Is this every addressed ?   JT may legitimately buy into the self flagellation over first nations, or be that emotional over a person who has passed, he may be emotionally unstable, or he may just be a very good actor <shrugs>  IMO, it's not the type of leadership I desire to emulate.

Human cruelty is universal.  When we single out one race as the bad actors of history we distort history and build an illusion that will not help us in our understanding of man or progress of humankind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlus Magnus said:

Does anyone demand the Mongols weep and apologize for their conquest and genocide of Asia and the fringes of Eastern Europe?  Where are the demands that African tribes who captured and sold other Africans into slavery be forced to make amends?  Likewise First Nations peoples had wars, killed each other, committed rape, enslaved and tortured other First Nations people.  Is this every addressed ?   JT may legitimately buy into the self flagellation over first nations, or be that emotional over a person who has passed, he may be emotionally unstable, or he may just be a very good actor <shrugs>  IMO, it's not the type of leadership I desire to emulate.

Human cruelty is universal.  When we single out one race as the bad actors of history we distort history and build an illusion that will not help us in our understanding of man or progress of humankind.

This is mostly an anglosphere thing. The British are constantly apologizing for colonialism. The Spanish and Portuguese, not so much. Turkey doesn't apologize for the slaughter of Armenians, or even acknowledge it. Neither they nor Egypt nor other Muslim countries feels any shame or guilt or apologizes for the way they conquered the Christian inhabitants and slaughtered those who refused to convert. Pakistan isn't crying tears over the hindus that used to live there that were slaughtered as Muslim warlords moved in. Russia doesn't constantly bow to the Ukrainians in apology for the mass murder they committed.  And China, of course, doesn't even acknowledge it has ever done anything wrong with Tibet as it murders resisteres and works hard on destroying their culture.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

This is mostly an anglosphere thing. The British are constantly apologizing for colonialism. The Spanish and Portuguese, not so much. Turkey doesn't apologize for the slaughter of Armenians, or even acknowledge it. Neither they nor Egypt nor other Muslim countries feels any shame or guilt or apologizes for the way they conquered the Christian inhabitants and slaughtered those who refused to convert. Pakistan isn't crying tears over the hindus that used to live there that were slaughtered as Muslim warlords moved in. Russia doesn't constantly bow to the Ukrainians in apology for the mass murder they committed.  And China, of course, doesn't even acknowledge it has ever done anything wrong with Tibet as it murders resisteres and works hard on destroying their culture.

This is mostly a Protestant thing.

The Germans apologize a lot. The Swedes too, even though their past colonialism is quasi nonexistent.

The French in Paris do that too.

In the US, self loathing protestant whites are like that about slavery.

@ Argus and QoC, good posts.  

? New round these parts, how do I up vote you guys(react) ?

I would add it appears the self flagellation over the status of the non whites in the world come from our success.  I think the shame is growing because of ignorance, lack of experience globally and a lack of self respect that you have earned your pampered existence in the world.  

One thing quite different between what Canada "did" to aboriginals vs. what other white protestants did in most cases was our anglo-centric government was trying to do what they could to HELP within the context of the day, vs. trying trying to damage and destroy.

If we had been Teddy Roosevelt sending the army out to extinguish the native population, THEN that would be something worth apologizing and crying over.

But in fairness, even though I believe he is doing this theatrics for purely partisan ambitions, an apology is not out of line - but it should be met with a sincere expression of gratitude for the efforts and intent of the underlying activities.  We will never get that.

Edited by cannuck

10 minutes ago, cannuck said:

One thing quite different between what Canada "did" to aboriginals vs. what other white protestants did in most cases was our anglo-centric government was trying to do what they could to HELP within the context of the day, vs. trying trying to damage and destroy.

If we had been Teddy Roosevelt sending the army out to extinguish the native population, THEN that would be something worth apologizing and crying over.

As far as inhumane treatment of natives, the Progressive Era Eugenics policies were pretty damn bad.  Forced sterilization :(

3 minutes ago, Carlus Magnus said:

As far as inhumane treatment of natives, the Progressive Era Eugenics policies were pretty damn bad.  Forced sterilization :(

Once again: Eugenics did not kill anyone, but it was an effort based on the relative ignorance at the time to improve the gene pool of what was perceived to be economic, intellectual, health and criminal deficiencies.  It was a subject taught at many universities, and was not exclusive to aboriginals nor African-Americans but applied liberally to the Euro-American populations as well.

I predict when everyone starts to realize that we are WAY overcrowding the world, Eugenics will make a strong comeback.  Even today, genetic research seems to be revealing predictable propensities to lack remorse typical of violent criminals.  Not an easy subject, but one that deserves logical discussion and maybe even consideration.

5 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

The Spanish wiped out an entire continent in terms of population-replacement. Nobody else has come even remotely close. 

Oh, the Spaniards were pretty ruthless, but they are not without competition.  The Muslims did a pretty good job in India and North Africa.  

Highly respected historian Will Durant said

"The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within."

23 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Once again: Eugenics did not kill anyone, but it was an effort based on the relative ignorance at the time to improve the gene pool of what was perceived to be economic, intellectual, health and criminal deficiencies.  It was a subject taught at many universities, and was not exclusive to aboriginals nor African-Americans but applied liberally to the Euro-American populations as well.

I predict when everyone starts to realize that we are WAY overcrowding the world, Eugenics will make a strong comeback.  Even today, genetic research seems to be revealing predictable propensities to lack remorse typical of violent criminals.  Not an easy subject, but one that deserves logical discussion and maybe even consideration. 

Your point is noted.  I truly believe body count matters when discussing the toll of human impact and suffering as well.  Communism leads the world in death numbers in the most deadly century of world history.

To play devil advocate on the point.  What was Hitlers holocaust but Eugenics ?  He singled out the crippled and mentally feeble first as being a burden to society.  Eugenics are an extremely dangers game for a society to play.

1 minute ago, Carlus Magnus said:

To play devil advocate on the point.  What was Hitlers holocaust but Eugenics ?  He singled out the crippled and mentally feeble first as being a burden to society.  Eugenics are an extremely dangers game for a society to play.

I was thinking about the Eugenics movement in the US, but you are right, Hitler's (actually the SS, since Hitler just ordered the solution to be found, the SS found it) version certainly resulted in killing a fair number of people.  I had only thought of this as genocide, but it does fit some ways of interpreting eugenics I suppose.

17 minutes ago, cannuck said:

I was thinking about the Eugenics movement in the US, but you are right, Hitler's (actually the SS, since Hitler just ordered the solution to be found, the SS found it) version certainly resulted in killing a fair number of people.  I had only thought of this as genocide, but it does fit some ways of interpreting eugenics I suppose.

The scary thing from my POV is how modern Eugenics would break down, especially in terms of population control...………… and neither you, nor I would be targeted for removal.

We would use IQ numbers as our primary factor.  In the 21st C we use education and the ability to learn technical skills to pick winners and losers.

Africa, India, Pakistan, Pacifica, Central America, South America, Nunavut, Alaska...……….. all gone.

IQAveragebyCountry-954x442-1.jpg

Europe in details shows many more people that would be considered bad breeding stock for the future of mankind.  But on the good side, we'd be eating more Mustikkapiirakka, from those racially superior Fins :P  

iq-europe.jpg

CM:   Interesting maps.  I would concur with most of its findings, but wonder what the values attached to the shaded areas of ON, North, BC and much of Russia represent.  If it is green creeping in, that sure explains how Liberals get elected and BC bud gets grown and tested to extreme.

Too bad there is no map/data for cultural ethical values.  Last thing we would want is the eugenicists selecting a bunch of smart assholes.

Edited by cannuck

:lol: Yeah, in Star Trek they learned making superior humans does not lead to a superior result.

It's a helluva problem for the world.  You need at a min. 90 IQ to function in a 21st C society.  Now look at Africa.

IQ and related ability chart https://paulcooijmans.com/intelligence/iq_ranges.html

Here we sit on the verge of AI that can overtake man, and Africa is sitting there at an average IQ in of approx. 65.   

going back to the world map:  interesting that with the obvious exception of Russia and Canada, most of the "brown = average intel" countries have functional democracies.  China stands alone as above average people who can even make communism work (albeit with a healthy dose of exploiting capitalist policies and strategies).   The green and yellow countries pretty much all have basket cases of dysfunctional government (Venezuela being a great example - you know, the place the NDP would like us to emulate).  The relative red core of Yurp seems to be struggling with the whole thing of trying to keep the EU together, with the outlier of Italy being a relatively intelligent gong show.