Indigenous blockade in BC & related protests

Make no mistake, while I would decline an unlawful order without hesitation, if the order is lawful, signed by Elizabeth Windsor, I would execute those orders, cold blooded, to include against women and/or children, where they are de facto combatants, and/or as collateral damage where they are being employed as human shields, holding your babies up as human shields, is a war crime, which does not enjoy the protection of the laws of armed conflict.

It's all about Elizabeth Windsor, where the Mohawks invoke the British Crown, they enjoy its protection. Where they operate outside the bounds of international law and the laws of armed conflict, the Crown is no longer bound to protect them.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I operate by the rule of law.  Without evidence, is a false accusation by default. 

Moreover, without knowing the circumstances, I cannot infer malice, could have been an accident for all I know.

An idiot would be one who jumped to conclusions at the first accusation of a co-belligerent party,  without gathering the facts

So gather the facts, soldier! 

And if you don't bother looking, you won't see any evidence, won't know the circumstances, motives, facts ... you 'know nutting'! Nice work, soldier! TURN THAT BLIND EYE TO THE TRUTH LIKE THEY TAUGHT YOU!

Did you even read the article in the Toronto Star? See the picture?!

The Star didn't even say "alleged", so it appears that the facts have already been established, likely through her human rights complaint. Only the soldier's identity remains a mystery, because other SOLDIERS WON'T TELL THE TRUTH.

You can find the truth if you look.

3 minutes ago, jacee said:

And if you don't bother looking, you won't see any evidence, won't know the circumstances, motives, facts ... you 'know nutting'! Nice work, soldier! TURN THAT BLIND EYE TO THE TRUTH LIKE THEY TAUGHT YOU!

The Star didn't even say "alleged", so it appears that the facts have already been established, likely through her human rights complaint. Only the soldier's identity remains a mystery, because other SOLDIERS WON'T TELL THE TRUTH.

Meh, I got other shit to do.  

My contract of unlimited liability to the Crown is fulfilled. 

I wash my hands of Canada.

Canada is turning on the United Kingdom United States Security Agreement to fall under the undo influence of the Chinese Communists, the chain of command is compromised.

I'm already a wild eyed Nevadan at heart, Canada is nothing to me now,  but a tethered tax jurisdiction and a hockey team.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

For that to happen there would have to be an aboriginal group or number of groups occupying this territory exclusively of other groups for an extended period of time.  It’s not as simple as, we live here and therefore get title.  If there are other people living there after the request for title comes forward, it’s not exclusively settled.  What’s more, we’re only talking title here.  There’s no purchase as no one is buying land on someone else’s property.  

Those criteria are already established by the SCoC, Delgamuuk 1997, and applied in Tsilqotin 2017. You could look them up to clarify your understanding of the law. 

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Not to mention, it was a NATO Brigade Group, someone getting a little bit poked by a bayonet, but otherwise going on with their life, is hardly an unrestrained application of military force.

Now you are just being ignorant, likely racist and absolutely a disgusting human being.

You have obviously failed to look up or learn anything.

You are just derailing the thread with your ignorant denial.

Give it up, soldier. You know nothing, refuse to learn, and you don't represent the CAF well.

She was a 14 year old Mohawk girl carrying her 4 year old sister, leaving the site at the end of OKA. Smart, sassy, a future Olympian. A Canadian soldier didn't like what she said, and plunged a bayonet into her chest less than an inch from her heart. Sounds like attempted murder to me.

Obviously you don't want to know, so shut your ignorant mouth, Dougie.

Edited by jacee

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Thank you for this explanation.

Although protests by native bands also occur for encroachment on reserve land,  one would think that the strongest case for sovereign control and decision can be made for land that was never controlled by the Crown via treaty in the first place, and certainly not by provincial/local suits.

Lol

One would think ... and true:

Tsilqotin 2017 established Aboriginal Title for the first time in Canada, in BC, where there was no treaty.

but ... 

Court challenges are often too  expensive for Indigenous peoples, so governments just go ahead and approve anything, and risk court challenges after the deed is done ... or blockades. (Just like DAPL)

Courts are reluctant to stop projects already in motion.

Edited by jacee

27 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

As I travel to and from Nevada, I will stop to make parley with the greatest Indian Hegemon of them all. 

The Lakota.

Next time, make sure you tell Lakota warriors that a 14 year old Mohawk girl carrying a younger child "getting a little bit poked by a bayonet, but otherwise going on with their life"

is not important.

And I want to be there to see it! :D

btw .. it wasn't "a little bit".

She almost died.

Bet that soldier was shitting bricks! 

Edited by jacee

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Next time, make sure you tell Lakota warriors that a 14 year old Mohawk girl carrying a younger child "getting a little bit poked by a bayonet, but otherwise going on with their life"

is not important.

And I want to be there to see it! :D

I'll take no sass from the Lakota about such thing, they were a slave empire which poked other Indians to death with abandon.

6 hours ago, jacee said:

Here:

"I ......... (full name), do swear (or for a solemn affirmation, "solemnly affirm") that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her heirs and successors according to law."

In Canada, the Governor-General represents the Queen, and is nominally the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. Politicians/government cannot order military action against people of Canada. The order must come from the CinC - Governor General - and it can be appealed to the Queen. It's one of the checks and balances in our system that protects us from partisan politicians running amok and (eg) attacking people of their political opposition.

The GG cannot enact or propose legislation. The GG can annul parliament in the rare instance it turns on the electorate.  The Queen is largely a figurehead.  Our GG is our head of state.  We could vote to no longer have a Queen or King, but we won’t because we like her and many parts of Canada are very loyalist.  Fine by me. 

2 hours ago, jacee said:

Those criteria are already established by the SCoC, Delgamuuk 1997, and applied in Tsilqotin 2017. You could look them up to clarify your understanding of the law. 

Those settlements are specific to those tribes and BC.  It’s all case by case.  Don’t even compare aboriginals in BC and Alberta to aboriginals in Northern Ontario, who have it far worse, largely related to geography.  BC Indigenous have had the salmon and breadbasket of Canada. It’s a completely different lifestyle.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jacee said:

Toronto star. lol

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Ahem...we call that "occupied territory"....as in illegal possession / squatting.

But my take on all of this as an outsider is that BC and the federal government prefers this squishy Twilight Zone status for unceded "aboriginal" land, with the courts continuing the game forever.

It first has to be established by the courts that a group occupied the land continuously and exclusively.  Coming and going doesn’t count.  Nor does cohabitation with other groups.  It’s important to recognize that property is a non-Indigenous tradition.  If a group comes forward with a land claim, the context and history of the land and its settlers has to be carefully explored.  Some tribes are nomadic.  Some had temporary encampments or villages that were abandoned after the soil became depleted of nutrients.  Most land claims these days look like attempts at cash grabs because many different peoples have lived on the land for a long time.  Ontario alone was contested by Wendat, Ottawas, and so forth.  The Mohawks were mostly resettled from the Finger Lakes.  

Bottom line: In most cases, instead of asking for additional land and other people’s money,  create it for yourselves like everyone else has to.  If the reserve is falling apart and you can’t improve it yourselves, leave the reserve and create a better life.  Almost any time ideas like privatizing reserve land and selling it are raised, there is disagreement among Indigenous people, so we’re stuck with the status quo.  Same goes for resource development.  Some want it and some don’t, but in that case it’s important to look at the wider public interest, which is the role of provincial and federal governments.  Of course the Indigenous should always get a cut of projects that cross into their jurisdictions.  If the courts become too ideologically narrow to appreciate that, it’s up to governments to enact laws that set limits on how far the society should bend to please one particular interest at the expense of everyone else. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

....  Some want it and some don’t, but in that case it’s important to look at the wider public interest, which is the role of provincial and federal governments.  If the courts become too ideologically narrow to appreciate that, it’s up to governments to enact laws that set limits on how far the society should bend to please one particular interest at the expense of everyone else. 

It is still unclear to me why any of that would have relevance and standing for unceded territory, which was damn sure not originally occupied by subjects of the Crown.

The "aboriginals" are playing a carnival game that they can never win, because the occupiers make all the rules, including composition and precedence of the courts.