Indigenous blockade in BC & related protests

On 3/19/2019 at 9:55 PM, jacee said:

https://www.rcaanc-cirnac.gc.ca/eng/1100100030285/1529354158736

Educate yourself so you have something less ignorant and slanderous to say. 

Please explain in great detail exactly what Zeitgeist stated that was slanderous because I saw not a single world of slander in his comments.  As for your juvenile comment about education, we all have much to learn in order to find a solution to this matter - every single person who cares to see natives lead long and happy lives - and that, jacee includes you.

18 hours ago, mowich said:

Ah but it always is, isn't jacee with no accounting as to where the money is going.  With never a change in fortunes.

In case it missed your notice there are many well-run productive reserves in Canada.  High employment, low rates of alcoholism, drug addiction and all the myriad of ills that befall other reserves.  That being the case, why aren't the less fortunate reserves making regular trips to the successful ones?  Why aren't natives reaching out to other natives to help them get ahead?  Could it be that they might learn that it took hard dedicated work and patience to bring their reserves out of the sorry state that so many others find themselves in and, once knowing that there was a no big cash pay--out along with the knowledge given, no one was really interested. 

Support any of your generalized comments and questions with links or quotes, and then perhaps we can have an informed discussion. It is not my job to educate you: You do that first and come forward with an informed position for discussion.

Otherwise, you are just making unsubstantiated claims - aka mud-slinging, aka defamation, aka racism.

You might consider looking at the Financial Statements and Audits on First Nations websites, and for relevant Provincial and Federal ministries. If you Google, you might find relevant news articles that address the issues you raise, in a more palatable format. 

As it stands, there is nothing in your post that deserves a direct response, as you have said nothing that you have verified as true. 

Edited by jacee

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Support any of your generalized comments and questions with links or quotes, and then perhaps we can have an informed discussion. It is not my job to educate you: You do that first and come forward with an informed position for discussion.

Otherwise, you are just making unsubstantiated claims - aka mud-slinging, aka defamation, aka racism.

You might consider looking at the Financial Statements and Audits on First Nations websites, and for relevant Provincial and Federal ministries. If you Google, you might find relevant news articles that address the issues you raise, in a more palatable format. 

As it stands, there is nothing in your post that deserves a direct response, as you have said nothing that is verified as true. 

Hmmmn........yet you responded - didn't you? 

No answer to my question concerning the successful reserves, eh.  I really didn't expect one but I had hoped that you might actually put aside your agenda and consider a valid response. 

Why is it that some natives always cry racism when faced with valid logical questions?   There was no racist intent in my questions and I am truly sorry for you that you would jump to that conclusion - however, I should not be surprised.

5 minutes ago, mowich said:

Why is it that some natives always cry racism when faced with valid logical questions?  

I am not "native", so please do not use my comments as an opportunity for your racist comments against Indigenous Peoples. 

10 minutes ago, mowich said:

No answer to my question concerning the successful reserves, eh

You haven't provided any evidence to support anything you have said.

8 hours ago, jacee said:

I am not "native", so please do not use my comments as an opportunity for your racist comments against Indigenous Peoples. 

You haven't provided any evidence to support anything you have said.

My mistake, your ardent support led me mistakenly to believe your were.  I do apologize if you felt in anyway triggered by stating you were. 

For someone who speaks so eloquently in support of natives it beggars belief that you are so totally unaware that there are indeed numerous successful reserves in this country without needing documentation of proof.  Therefore, I see your continued refusal to answer my question as yet another attempt to deflect away from it.  Do your own research.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:55 PM, mowich said:

My mistake, your ardent support led me mistakenly to believe your were.  I do apologize if you felt in anyway triggered by stating you were. 

For someone who speaks so eloquently in support of natives it beggars belief that you are so totally unaware that there are indeed numerous successful reserves in this country without needing documentation of proof.  Therefore, I see your continued refusal to answer my question as yet another attempt to deflect away from it.  Do your own research.

I'm in no position to judge why some Indigenous communities have more economic advantages than others. I expect some have had land claims settled by the government and others have not. (Ask the government why.)

Some have revenues from resources, or from development due to nearby cities.

Etc.

But that wasn't your question.

You asked 

why aren'tthe less fortunate reserves making regular trips to the successful ones?  

So ... prove that they're not.

Perhaps some reserves simply don't have  the land settlement monies for investments, natural resource revenues, development revenues that others have. 

Edited by jacee

• 3 weeks later...