The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

More evidence? Come on I didn't think you were that gullible as to believe Trumps horse shit on that subject which have been totally disproven. Illegal Canadian voters, ha ha ha. BTW I have some waterfront property in Idaho I want to sell you.

Evidence...read and weep:

BUFFALO, N.Y.-U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr. announced today that Shirley Anne Conners, a/k/a Shirley Anne Faragalli, 62, Cheektowaga, NY, was arrested and charged by criminal complaint with making a false claim to United States citizenship in order to vote.  The charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Brian J. Counihan, who is handling the case, stated that according to the complaint, the defendant is a native and citizen of Canada and has been illegally present in the United States since the early 1970s. Conners has voted in over 20 Federal, State, and local elections since 1995, the last being the New York State Democratic Presidential Primary on April 19, 2016. 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/cheektowaga-woman-arrested-charged-voter-fraud

1 minute ago, Owly said:

In any case, even with the Russian meddling, more Americans voted for Hillary than they did for Trump, yet he's in the office. Time to revamp the system.

No it's not. The Electoral College works just fine, popular vote is irrelevant.

Trump lost a game he wasn't playing, whoop dee do, that's like crying your team lost the football game while having more yards than the other team but scored less points, time to revamp the system.

Edited by Yzermandius19

In any case, even with the Russian meddling, more Americans voted for Hillary than they did for Trump, yet he's in the office. Time to revamp the system.

Sorry...we don't change our Constitution just to please Canadians or any other foreign nationals.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No it's not. The Electoral College works just fine, popular vote is irrelevant. Trump lost a game he wasn't playing, whoop dee do.

"Popular vote is irrelevant"? That has to be one of the stupidest comments I've heard yet today. And while ae're at it, the EC has been very much gerrymandered by the GOP. Maybe you don't give a shit whether your vote counts for anything but I think most of us do.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sorry...we don't change our Constitution just to please Canadians or any other foreign nationals.

You don't have to change the constitution to rid yourself of the EC. Don't worry, that's already being worked on.

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

"Popular vote is irrelevant"? That has to be one of the stupidest comments I've heard yet today. And while ae're at it, the EC has been very much gerrymandered by the GOP. Maybe you don't give a shit whether your vote counts for anything but I think most of us do.

You aren't a fan of the truth, I'm aware. The EC is gerrymandered to give more representation to smaller states, nothing is stopping the Democrats from trying to win over more rural voters, they just choose not to. It's not Republicans fault the Democrats votes are concentrated in areas that they don't need to win, that's on Democrats.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

Popular vote doesn't even apply in Canadian federal elections.    Nice try.....

You aren't a fan of the truth, I'm aware. The EC is gerrymandered to give more representation to smaller states, nothing is stopping the Democrats from trying to win over more rural voters, they just choose not to.

Nope, the EC has been gerrymandered by the GOP to ensure districts are divided along lines that benefit them. It's worked well. Take a look at the 2016 election for instance.

1 minute ago, Owly said:

Nope, the EC has been gerrymandered by the GOP to ensure districts are divided along lines that benefit them. It's worked well. Take a look at the 2016 election for instance.

That's not the EC. The Electoral College is divided along state lines, not district lines. The GOP didn't gerrymander it, the rules were in place before the GOP even existed, shows what you know.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Popular vote doesn't even apply in Canadian federal elections.    Nice try.....

If you know so much about Canada you should know we have more that 2 parties, so popular vote is not the deciding factor because of simple math. Go study a bit more.

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

If you know so much about Canada you should know we have more that 2 parties, so popular vote is not the deciding factor because of simple math. Go study a bit more.

Popular vote is not the deciding factor, because the number of seats is, and that isn't based on the popular vote, it's based on first past the post. Has nothing to do with having more than two parties.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Owly said:

U.S. has more political parties than Canada...so what ?

Your provinces in the west have been screwed for generations, even with population increases.

Donald Trump received a larger percentage of cast votes than did the Liberals/Justin Trudeau.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That's not the EC. The Electoral College is divided along state lines, not district lines. The GOP didn't gerrymander it, the rules were in place before the GOP even existed, shows what you know.

I suggest you go look up where the term gerrymandering came from because obviously you don't. Shows what you know.

1 minute ago, Owly said:

I suggest you go look up where the term gerrymandering came from because obviously you don't. Shows what you know.

That is for house seats, I know of the gerrymandering to which you are referring, and it has nothing to do with the electoral college. I suggest you actually understand the Electoral College, before acting like you are an expert on it, who should just dismiss what I am saying out of hand.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

U.S. has more political parties than Canada...so what ?

Your provinces in the west have been screwed for generations, even with population increases.

Donald Trump received a larger percentage of cast votes than did the Liberals/Justin Trudeau.

US more political parties? Really? Democrat, Republican... that adds up to lets see...2.

7 minutes ago, Owly said:

US more political parties? Really? Democrat, Republican... that adds up to lets see...2.

3. Libertarian

4. Constitution

5. Green 

...and many others:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States#Minor_political_parties

I say again....

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

You're not serious of course? Democrats, Republicans. Full stop. In reality.

Wrong...every bit as serious as Canada's Green Party....with how many seats in Parliament ?

Hell, the U.S. even has independents.

On U.S. election night, Canada watches very intently, especially the CBC.

On Canadian election night...Americans just go to sleep as usual.

• Haha 1

Having three major parties, is no reason to get up on a high horse, that just means there is more vote splitting, whoop dee do.

Pay attention, the discussion was about the math. When you have more than 2 party's one can win without gaining the majority of votes.

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wrong...every bit as serious as Canada's Green Party....with how many seats in Parliament ?

Hell, the U.S. even has independents.

On U.S. election night, Canada watches very intently, especially the CBC.

On Canadian election night...Americans just go to sleep as usual.

Typical American arrogant assumption. So off you go to bed.

Pay attention, the discussion was about the math. When you have more than 2 party's one can win without gaining the majority of votes.

If Canada only had two parties, you can still win without gaining the majority of votes, you just need enough votes to win in most of the ridings, the popular vote is irrelevant in Canada too. Running up the margins of victory in a riding doesn't win them any extra seats. Canada didn't always have three major parties, they used to have two, and that's how it worked.

Edited by Yzermandius19