The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

2 minutes ago, Owly said:

No it's not harder. You just take care of it at the state level.

Every state would have to do it, or some states would still apportion their votes by popular vote within the state. The Republican states certainly aren't going to be keen on getting rid of it at the state level, that I can tell you.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Every state would have to do it, or some states would still apportion their votes by popular vote within the state. The Republican states certainly aren't going to be keen on getting rid of it at the state level, that I can tell you.

Right...it would just shift the vote count and balance out the same way.    But these folks are desperate !

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bottom line is that the losers are still going berserk over Trump's victory and are so desperate to defeat him in 2020 they are fantasizing about something that is not going to happen....even in CANADA !

Trump is greatest media troll ever, the media then trolls the public for Trump, and this is the result. Sick of all the winning yet bush_cheney2004?

5 minutes ago, Owly said:

States simply require their ec votes to reflect the raw votes who win in their state.

They already do that. That's what the Electoral College is dude. 

48 of the 50 states and DC do it, Maine and Nebraska are the only outliers.

The ignorance is impressive. You are literally arguing in favor of the Electoral College, while claiming you are arguing against it, because you don't even know what it is, and have it confused for something else entirely.

So funny.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bottom line is that the losers are still going berserk over Trump's victory and are so desperate to defeat him in 2020 they are fantasizing about something that is not going to happen....even in CANADA !

We in Canada couldn't care less. Actually we are enjoying the current gong show.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Trump is greatest media troll ever, the media then trolls the public for Trump, and this is the result. Sick of all the winning yet bush_cheney2004?

It is quite amazing how Trump has run circles around American politics and the media...fascinating to watch.

Trump may be a bastard...but he is OUR BASTARD !

Just now, Owly said:

We in Canada couldn't care less. Actually we are enjoying the current gong show.

Then why did Canada's state broadcaster devote 11 hours of LIVE coverage to election night, and multiple coverage of primary elections ?

Canada cares alright...."because it affects us".

12 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then why did Canada's state broadcaster devote 11 hours of LIVE coverage to election night, and multiple coverage of primary elections ?

I'd be more concerned about how the current situation is affecting you. Your man is cozying up to the likes of Fat Kim, Putin, MBS, while democratic world leaders are doing their best to avoid him. That would give me cause for concern. Well unless you like dictators who like to kill their people.

Just now, Owly said:

I'd be more concerned about how the current situation is affecting you. Your man is cozying up to the likes of Fat Kim, Putin, MBS, while democratic world leaders are doing their best to avoid him. That would give me cause for concern. Well unless you like dictators who like to kill their people.

See, that the difference.   You worry about my president's policies, but I don't care what your prime minister does, because he is a lesser god on the world stage with little impact.

World superpowers can use "dictators" for self interest....Canada still has to worry about what the U.S. is doing.

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You're a big fish in a small pond over here, bush_cheney2004.

It ain't what you taking, it's who you taking it from. You feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night, when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Omar Knows.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

See, that the difference.   You worry about my president's policies, but I don't care what your prime minister does, because he is a lesser god on the world stage with little impact.

World superpowers can use "dictators" for self interest....Canada still has to worry about what the U.S. is doing.

Boy for someone who claims not to care what our PM does, you sure seem follow what he does endlessly.

32 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

They already do that. That's what the Electoral College is dude. 

48 of the 50 states and DC do it, Maine and Nebraska are the only outliers.

The ignorance is impressive. You are literally arguing in favor of the Electoral College, while claiming you are arguing against it, because you don't even know what it is, and have it confused for something else entirely.

So funny.

I think it should be pretty obvious I am not in favor of the EC, and it's also pretty obvious you are rather ignorant of how it works. In any case the best thing would be to get rid of it and I think there are 12 states now who have decided to do so.

Just now, Owly said:

I think it should be pretty obvious I am not in favor of the EC, and it's also pretty obvious you are rather ignorant of how it works. In any case the best thing would be to get rid of it and I think there are 12 states now who have decided to do so.

Can't get rid of it...no matter what you think about the EC...in Canada !

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

You are in favor of the EC, you just don't know what the EC is, so you think you are against it. 48 states and DC already award their electors the way you want them to, that's way more than 12. You've already won, only two states do it in a way you disapprove of.

Owly loves the EC, Owly just doesn't know that Owly love it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How else to see how much Trump is driving Canada nuts ?    That's the best part....maybe stop whining about steel and aluminum tariffs, eh ?

I guess if Trump doesn't drive you nuts, perhaps you are already nuts. We just kinda giggle, roll our eyes whenever he sticks his foot in his mouth day to day, and feel a little sympathy for you. He is rather embarrassing I would think.

Just now, Owly said:

I guess if Trump doesn't drive you nuts, perhaps you are already nuts. We just kinda giggle, roll our eyes whenever he sticks his foot in his mouth day to day, and feel a little sympathy for you. He is rather embarrassing I would think.

You just don't get it...and you never will.

Trump's victory was a collective American "FU", and that includes the smug critics of America in Canada.

What is embarrassing is investing so much in the political outcome of a foreign nation, as so many Canadians did...and still do.

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

I laugh at Trump too, he's effin funny. He's the funniest president in my lifetime, and probably the funniest president of all time, or at least top five. Best media troll ever to top it off.

Edited by Yzermandius19