The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not so much.  China is taking liberties on America’s doorstep, since by your own definition Canada is inside the hegemon’s territory.  Russia has also flexed muscle and has essentially been placated.  I guess that’s our new multi-polar reality.  The trick is to stick to the script on free market democracy and human rights.  Everyone wants that.  It’s apple pie.  China and Russia will get there eventually at the people’s behest, but in the meantime, this nonsense...

The Empire of Liberty is appropriately responding to Canada falling under the control of Beijing, ultimately as necessary to the threshold of deposing the Canadian government, but that is still some ways off at this juncture. /shrugs

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

The Empire of Liberty is appropriately responding to Canada falling under the control of Beijing, ultimately as necessary to the threshold of deposing the Canadian government, but that is still some ways off at this juncture. /shrugs

Call it for what it is: America doesn’t have the political will (strength) right now to stand up to China.  Where’s the red line?

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No he has not.  China is still making your smartphones.  American companies are helping China do its dirty work, censoring Chinese search engines, handing the blueprints of technology to the “regulator”.

American companies are making MONEY in the world's fastest growing market.    The U.S. is far more diversified for export trade than Canada, and that includes #1 trading partner China.    Go find a different superpower to hide behind and be so dependent on.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Call it for what it is: America doesn’t have the political will (strength) right now to stand up to China.  Where’s the red line?

Canada (weakest link)...never did.    Trump has imposed tariffs on China and Canada....both scream like babies.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

American companies are making MONEY in the world's fastest growin market.    The U.S. is far more diversified for export trade than Canada, and that includes #1 trading partner China.    Go find a different superpower to hide behind and be so dependent on.

Ha ha.  We’re your biggest export market. China is your biggest import market.  The trade deficit is immense, but sure, spin it like that if it makes the pill easier to swallow. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

American companies are making MONEY in the world's fastest growing market.    The U.S. is far more diversified for export trade than Canada, and that includes #1 trading partner China.    Go find a different superpower to hide behind and be so dependent on.

Indeed, AAPL  all on its own would have rendered me from the lower middle classes to the threshold of wealthy, if that was my only revenue stream.

Otherwise known as Cupertino has been berry berry goo to me.

Cheers for that, America.

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Ha ha.  We’re your biggest export market. China is your biggest import market.  The trade deficit is immense, but sure, spin it like that if it makes the pill easier to swallow. 

It really does, because no other nation in the world is so dependent on Trump's America for export market.   Trump knew this going in, and Team Trudeau was forced to capitulate on NAFTA 2.0.     Go find another market to be your economic sugar daddy....try China.

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Worry about real threats because they do exist.  Also worry about how Trump is representing America to the world.  It ain’t pretty.  Is Trudeau’s image so bad?

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I only do business with Chinese interests, within the protection of property inherent to the Empire of Liberty, through America at Wall Street in Manhattan.

Well, Canada (weakest link under Trudeau) is about to find out that "human rights" bleating doesn't pay the bills.

Trump is not going to waste any time/energy fighting for Canada's virtue signals.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Worry about real threats because they do exist.  Also worry about how Trump is representing America to the world.  It ain’t pretty.  Is Trudeau’s image worse?

I don't worry about that which is beyond my control, my role in UKUSSA is to simply live free or die in defence of the House of Windsor, although I do provide freelance strategic analysis to multinational corporations as a revenue stream, but only those within the legislative framework of the Western World, I don't take contracts from commies.

Edited by Dougie93

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I don't worry about that which is beyond my control, my role in UKUSSA is to simply live free or die in defence of the House of Windsor, although I do provide freelance strategic analysis to multinational corporations as a revenue stream, but only those within the legislative framework of the Western World, I don't take contracts from commies.

Good to hear.  

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, Canada (weakest link under Trudeau) is about to find out that "human rights" bleating doesn't pay the bills.

Trump is not going to waste any time/energy fighting for Canada's virtue signals.

No, Trump will equivocate on human rights for financial gain.  I mean, what’s a few poisoned or sawed up corpses among friends. Have a good time.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter if he agrees or not....economics trumps virtue.

Not always.  Actually I’m going to go further and say that you can’t cherry pick human rights.  That’s called particularism.  Either you support human rights everywhere or nowhere.  It’s fine to debate what should be counted as a human right, but I can assure you that it’s better to have them than not to have them.  Otherwise we’re at the mercy of the arbitrary biases of the people in power.  No thanks. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Doesn't matter if he agrees or not....economics trumps virtue.

Sir, if I may; you are asserting a false dichotomy, in that the markets finding a price for everything and anything, free of ideological baggage, is an unalloyed virtue in of itself, and all to the good incarnate.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The red line at this juncture is freedom of navigation, in that America rules the waves is the strategic underpinning of the associated Empire of Liberty, and thus the Empire simply sails the around the People's Repubic's regardless, the red line is crossed when freedom of navigation is impeding, at which point an escalation force operation will commence, from simply evading at the low end of the response spectrum,  to global thermonuclear war at the other.

I'm really curious how you can force someone to work without pay? We have essential workers in Canada, but that just means they can't Strike or be Locked Out. Not that they can be forced to work for free. 

Are there tons of qualified people willing to work for free to replace those that won't? 

There's got to be some "off the books" compensation or these jobs are so low skilled that they'll be able to get anyone off the streets after the shut down. Which is funny when we talk about Food Inspection, Border Security and TSA workers. 

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'm really curious how you can force someone to work without pay? We have essential workers in Canada, but that just means they can't Strike or be Locked Out. Not that they can be forced to work for free.

Taft-Hartley Act (1947)....no striking for federal employees.   Ask some old former air traffic controllers what happened when they challenged President Reagan.  Plus this is just a partial shutdown and essential employees have to report to work...others are just on furlough.

75% of the usual appropriations have already been authorized.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Taft-Hartley Act (1947)....no striking for federal employees.   Ask some old former air traffic controllers what happened when they challenged President Reagan.  Plus this is just a partial shutdown and essential employees have to report to work...others are just on furlough.

75% of the usual appropriations have already been authorized.

And if you refuse to come to work for free? 

Can't feel good that jobs that have real implications on National Security and Food Safety are being forced to Volunteer.