Toronto Al Quds Rally

betsy

13 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Why is this factual map such a throne in the side of Israelis?  I knew as soon Eyeball dropped it I would see these types of remarks. 

So really, what is wrong with the factual map that shows (regardless of reasons on either side) that Israel has been systematically taking over the occupied territories. The other maps you put forth are about the war in the 1970s where Israel end up giving land back to Egypt, Jordan , ect.

HOWEVER this is about the area we commonly refer to as the 'Occupied territories'.

I defend Eyeball because I want to. I am sick of your shit being pull on me, and I wont  fucking let it happen to other members here. Every time you and Dog get involved these threads go to absolute shit and they end up getting locked. TIME and TIME again. Then I get shit from Charles Anthony saying ' you are free to ignore the trolls', instead of actually dealing with the trolls.

However.... 

http://zionism-israel.com/ezine/Paletstinian_Land_Loss.htm

Israel was founded in what .1948 two years after this so called 'lie' ? Chronologically that does not support your argument.

https://www.economist.com/democracy-in-america/2010/03/14/this-map-is-not-the-territories

All but one are Jewish sources and in my view they are very biased.   However has anyone else put out a map that shows all that information? If not.. why?

To me, you have not debunked anything.

Who started the Arab-Israeli Conflict?

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm not, an asteroid could fall on it for all I care. I'm just doubtful about the claim that the rally in Toronto called for the death of all Jews, and especially the evidence for that claim. Putting forth the notion that no one has lost, gained or otherwise 'exchanged' territory in Palestine/Israel as evidence only makes the OP's claim all the more ludicrous.

It doesn't have to call for "the deaths of all Jews" to qualify as hate speech. And you're setting the bar pretty high eyeball. Holding a rally to incite bigotry-inspired violence and killing is an open-ended task that doesn't stop at just a few, or 80,000. 

2 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Zionists.

Care to support your...errr...lie....with a link showing that Zionists started the Arab-Israeli Conflict?

This would be against the actual history that shows the Arabs started the conflict after rallying to the Grand Mufti's call for war.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Who started the Arab-Israeli Conflict?

There were Allah-worshippers before mohammed came along, and there wasn't a problem with Jews at that time.

When mohammed was kicked out of Mecca for his violent bigotry, his problem at that time was actually with people who worshipped Allah but were still polytheists, and worshipped lesser gods as well.

The problem that will forever sour relations between the Jews and Muslims is that mohammed's army captured a tribe of Jews and beheaded all the men (est. between 500-900) who refused to convert, and then forced the women and children into rape-slavery. he was there at the time. 

Whether his intent was to attack only that specific tribe of Jews, it's easily interpreted by muslims today as proof that the way to deal with another religion is by genocide, with any means possible. The attack on the Banu Qurayza set a deadly precedent.

34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Care to support your...errr...lie....with a link showing that Zionists started the Arab-Israeli Conflict?

This would be against the actual history that shows the Arabs started the conflict after rallying to the Grand Mufti's call for war.

If they had not decided to go back to 'Israel'.  .............  This problem is pre-Mufti.

57 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

If they had not decided to go back to 'Israel'.  .............  This problem is pre-Mufti.

No it isn't. The first act of the Grand Mufti was to conduct the Nebi Musa pogrom of 1920 against the Jews.

By GH's logic (hah) the Jews are responsible for WW2 by existing in Germany.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

There were Allah-worshippers before mohammed came along, and there wasn't a problem with Jews at that time.

When mohammed was kicked out of Mecca for his violent bigotry, his problem at that time was actually with people who worshipped Allah but were still polytheists, and worshipped lesser gods as well.

The problem that will forever sour relations between the Jews and Muslims is that mohammed's army captured a tribe of Jews and beheaded all the men (est. between 500-900) who refused to convert, and then forced the women and children into rape-slavery. he was there at the time. 

Whether his intent was to attack only that specific tribe of Jews, it's easily interpreted by muslims today as proof that the way to deal with another religion is by genocide, with any means possible. The attack on the Banu Qurayza set a deadly precedent.

I mean specifically: who started the Arab-Israeli Conflict? GH says the Jews by having the gall to exist in their homeland.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Just now, GostHacked said:

Was he there? Or are you simply talking out your ass as usual?

I predict this thread being locked in T-3 days.  

al-Quds = Jerusalem.

The Arabs started the Arab Israeli conflict.

The Al-Quds Day Rally is a Jew Hate fest.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, I'm pretty sure the word boo would be enough to convince you.

So you think that what was said at the last a-q day rally amounted to no more than "boo"? Do you think that hate rallies should be more common? Do you ever attend hate rallies? Would you go to the next al quds day hate rally?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So you think that what was said at the last a-q day rally amounted to no more than "boo"? Do you think that hate rallies should be more common? Do you ever attend hate rallies? Would you go to the next al quds day hate rally?

I think it is extremely disconcerting that we...Canada...does NOTHING to stop it from happening. Shows what Canada is becoming...and it's not friendly or welcoming.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 8:07 AM, GostHacked said:

So , in short.. the answer is .. nothing.  Got it.

Nothing would be to ignore it and hope it goes away all by itself. Keeping it in the national discourse is something all by itself. Electing a government like they did in Ontario is also something. 

al quds day speeches and other hate speeches of that sort will have to be held in basements from now on, where they belong.

It was good to see it out in the open though, just to give Canadians a better sense of what we're dealing with.

11 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It was good to see it out in the open though, just to give Canadians a better sense of what we're dealing with.

I've searched for some evidence that this has been denounced by mainstream Islam in Canada, but I have found nothing.  Only other religions have denounced it.

Of course, the argument is that Muslims have no responsibility to denounce such things.  They appear to subscribe to the course of action mentioned in your post:

ignore it and hope it goes away all by itself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I've searched for some evidence that this has been denounced by mainstream Islam in Canada, but I have found nothing.  Only other religions have denounced it.

Of course, the argument is that Muslims have no responsibility to denounce such things.  They appear to subscribe to the course of action mentioned in your post:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/arrest-warrant-imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-hate-jews-1.4209384

The Dar Al-Arqam Mosque has not returned CBC's calls.

Dar Al-Arqam is not a member of the Muslim Council of Montreal, which represents more than 40 Muslim institutions in the city, according to council president Salam Elmenyawi.

Elmenyawi says he spoke with member imams after first hearing about the sermon so they knew it was unacceptable. 

This is the extent of what I could find re: muslim leaders trying to suppress hate speech. One imam's personal account of a conversation that he theoretically had with other imams. It's basically just him saying "we are dealing with it privately".