How dangerous is Trump?

11 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

That article in the NYT would just as correctly apply to our own "Prime Minister" and would be just as inappropriate if it was an anonymous source. Whoever the weasel is, they should have resigned and told their story.

Agreed....any appointee or staffer who disagrees with the policy or person to the point of anonymous leaks should resign and express themselves in the open....far more effective and credible.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Yes, and the anonymous guy on the internet who calls perhaps THE most renowned and respected journalist - about whom huge hollywood films have been made, books written, courses taught - "a useless tool"... that's you.  Mr. Anonymous.  And that's where we are in this world.  People actually listen to the opinions of anonymous people who have no idea about the history of the journalism.

Now you're going to think I'm saying that's a bad thing, but I am not saying that.  I am saying that at certain points in history, know-nothing, do-nothing masses of nobodies cause a huge impact and bring down institutions.  See Martin Luther (not King) and the French Revolution.

It's not bad.

2. Hannity is a rich rube playing poor suckers but that's beside the point.

The rest of your post represents a populist viewpoint, which does NOT matter in the least - except that in a huge amount of volume these types of opinions do matter.

Again, it's not bad.  You are part of history.  You are one of the "deplorables" and your time is now.

1) THE most respected and renowned journalist just made a book full of anonymous sources. Not impressed. If a course is taught about Anderson Cooper or Rachel Maddow do you think that they will suddenly gain credibility?

Courses were taught about the guy who writes a book full of quotes from anonymous sources.... Where? Berkeley? That bastion of free speech and open-mindedness?

Do you think I am impressed with the useful idiots that the liberal colleges are belching out these days? People without the ability to see through the most basic deception or to question a single thing that their profs or Lib tells them? 

Yeah thanks for the shallow attempt at a backhanded compliment, or whatever that was, but I care nothing for the opinions of people who don't notice corruption in the FBI at this stage of the game and who still think that this whole "Russian Collusion" thing is about Russian collusion. You gotta be 4 suits and a joker shy of a full deck.

That's good though, you have 1 good card.

2) Hannity's track record in this whole Russian collusion probe is impeccable compared to CNN. Can you name me one material fact about Russian collusion that Adam Schiff has been right about so far? How about Anderson Cooper or Rachel Maddow? How about all of CNN? Robert Mueller? Jim "boohoo woe is me why did I get fired for just a bit of lying, fake investigating and exonerating" Comey? Just one thing (aside from Van Jones's admission that Russian collusion is a big nothingburger because even though it was true, he didn't know there was a camera there). If you do I'll give some cred to Woodward, A Cooper et al. 

I'm part of history, I'm a guy who watched both channels and I quickly noticed which one constantly tells lies.

I've named plenty of straight-up lies told by CNN et al in this thread. If you are so certain that Hannity and CNN are liars why don't you throw down some examples? Why don't you try to explain to me how my examples of CNN lying were really just misinterpretations or falsehoods? We both know where this is going right? You ignore this completely and change the topic. Got it.

You're part of history too MH. One of CNN's useful *****s, barking up the Russian collusion tree, ignoring widespread corruption in the Democrat party/FBI/IRS. Honestly you can't even talk about some of the most newsworthy events of the 21st century because those subjects are taboo and you've got the audacity to lecture me about a liberal news icon and CNN flunky? Duly noted MH.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Boges said:

Cite the accomplishments compared to other administration? 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

You can check this list for yourself, and it's actually pretty hard on him if you're being honest. A lot of the things labelled "in the works" are far enough along that they should be in the promise kept column.

• Like 1

Lol.   This latest on the anonymous writer has become an entertaining game of "whodunit?"  And, it had taken the limelight - shifting away from Mueller and all those who made a plea-deal.....and, Supreme Court nominee  Brett Kavanaugh!  :D  

That anonymous letter seems to be taking the shape of a distraction!

I must say, the fun-filled speculation as to whodunit seems to have taken the gravity away (if gravity is what's intended)!  CBC panel of 3,  with Carol Mcneil were having a good time last night.  They all agree, this wouldn't hurt Trump!  And that's from the CBC!

Could it be it was Trump himself who had written that letter? :lol:

Edited by betsy

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

You can check this list for yourself, and it's actually pretty hard on him if you're being honest. A lot of the things labelled "in the works" are far enough along that they should be in the promise kept column.

So four kept promises. Tariffs, which will end if the Dems take back congress, A Vet hotline, A racist travel ban and moving Israel's Embassy. 

That's way underselling his bravado. 

This week's news is evidence that Trump is only bravado. It's almost like it's your own fault if you actually believe what he says, because almost none of it is true. He's completely useless as an executive. 

2 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

Trump supporters can't keep their stories straight about whether or not they think the letter is real. Meanwhile Kavanaugh has been caught committing purjury but hey're far too distracted to know. They're still worried about what to do with their Nikes.

WHOA!

Fake News!    Fake News! 

Is this the latest narrative going around in social media???

Lol!  Desperation all around, that's for sure! 

From sweating Democrats.......to certain anti-Trumps committing libel with these claims!   :lol:

UNLESS.....you can back up that claim, and show that Kavanagh........ was caught .....committing perjury.

Edited by betsy

53 minutes ago, Boges said:

So four kept promises. Tariffs, which will end if the Dems take back congress, A Vet hotline, A racist travel ban and moving Israel's Embassy. 

That's way underselling his bravado. 

This week's news is evidence that Trump is only bravado. It's almost like it's your own fault if you actually believe what he says, because almost none of it is true. He's completely useless as an executive. 

He also wasted Islamic state in dramatic fashion like he said he would, as opposed to Obama's underwhelming pillow fight. Cut taxes. Rolled back regulations he said he would. Saved the coal industry. Brought back manufacturing jobs that Obama said would never come back. Got rid of the individual mandate. Got the GDP growth up over 4%. Ended the Korean War. Stood up to Assad and Putin, which the Dems never did.

The travel ban wasn't the slightest bit racist FYI. Jews from Israel and Muslims from Palestine are genetically identical and Jews aren't banned. It's religious bigotry if you want to put a name to it, but it makes sense to stop allowing people to immigrate from countries where the terrorist population is large enough to overwhelm their government (and fight against Obama lol). 

If you think Trump is useless as an executive after all he has done then what do you think of Trudeau?

Can you even name one thing he did that was positive for Canada? He killed the energy sector, drove away over $100B in investment, paid some terrorists, stopped fighting Islamic State, ignored some calls for genocide against Jews at hate rallies, gave away billions to foreign countries, got caught accepting gifts from foreigners... I guess Trudeau has "done" more things than Trump, just none of them were good.  

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He also wasted Islamic state in dramatic fashion like he said he would, as opposed to Obama's underwhelming pillow fight. Cut taxes. Rolled back regulations he said he would. Saved the coal industry. Brought back manufacturing jobs that Obama said would never come back. Got rid of the individual mandate. Got the GDP growth up over 4%. Ended the Korean War. Stood up to Assad and Putin, which the Dems never did.

The travel ban wasn't the slightest bit racist FYI. Jews from Israel and Muslims from Palestine are genetically identical and Jews aren't banned. It's religious bigotry if you want to put a name to it, but it makes sense to stop allowing people to immigrate from countries where the terrorist population is large enough to overwhelm their government (and fight against Obama lol). 

If you think Trump is useless as an executive after all he has done then what do you think of Trudeau?

Can you even name one thing he did that was positive for Canada? He killed the energy sector, drove away over $100B in investment, paid some terrorists, stopped fighting Islamic State, ignored some calls for genocide against Jews at hate rallies, gave away billions to foreign countries, got caught accepting gifts from foreigners... I guess Trudeau has "done" more things than Trump, just none of them were good.  

Then why not ban people from Saudi Arabia? 

Also I wish people would stop thinking opposition to Trump automatically means support for Trudeau, I think JT is a uselss politician that governs on his feels, much like Trump actually. 

Cw1mUoKVEAAap9C.jpg

It's this Black and White my team your team philosophy that's making people mindless idiots. 

2 hours ago, Don Jonas said:

Corey Booker released emails yesterday where Kavenaugh was discussing the illegal use of hacked emails of the Democrats, which

he denied knowing about under oath. Don't you read the news?

Yes, I read the news -  that's why I'm challenging you!  There's nothing that says he was caught committing perjury. 

Being accused that "he MIGHT HAVE committed perjury," does not mean that he automatically did! Nor does it mean that he was caught!  Good grief!

Show me the news that says he got caught!  Give me the link.    Let's read it together.

Edited by betsy

13 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

He's not caught!   Just look at the title of your own source:

Newly Released Emails Show Brett Kavanaugh May Have Perjured Himself at Least Four Times

That doesn't mean he's caught!  He's being accused of having committed perjury!  Big difference.

The Brett Kavanaugh perjury controversy, explained by 4 legal scholars

Conclusion? It’s probably not perjury.

However, Leahy has produced an email that Miranda sent to Kavanaugh, among others, passing along some of the improperly obtained files. That makes Kavanaugh’s claim that he was “not aware” that Miranda had obtained Democratic files seem inaccurate, at the very least.

But do Kavanaugh’s inaccurate statements rise to the level of perjury? Did he commit a federal crime? I put the question to several legal scholars, and the reply I received was generally: “no.”

I don’t see any lie in [the second case]. Instead, he’s effectively saying, “Based on my own response, I don’t think I realized this was a stolen draft.”

That being said, senators are free to point out inconsistencies in testimony and question a judicial nominee about those perceived inconsistencies. And if the nominee does a poor job explaining such inconsistencies, senators can and should take that into account. But perjury is a serious crime, provable only by evidence that someone intentionally lied under oath. Based on what I have read so far, I cannot imagine any prosecutor pursuing either of these.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

He's not caught!   Just look at the title of your own source:

Newly Released Emails Show Brett Kavanaugh May Have Perjured Himself at Least Four Times

That doesn't mean he's caught!  He's being accused of having committed perjury!  Big difference.

Who the ef cares what the anti-Trump media has to say? Their headlines amount to "Trump Pulls Wings Off Of Flies" over and over and over again.

2 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

What do you base that assessment on? The fact that you're stumped when trying to defend Kavenaugh's perjury or the fact that you're blaming the NYT for the rebellion within Trump's administration?

You are a classic example of TDS.

52 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

What do you base that assessment on? The fact that you're stumped when trying to defend Kavenaugh's perjury or the fact that you're blaming the NYT for the rebellion within Trump's administration?

Who's stumped???   Heck, you even misunderstood the title of your own source. 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Lying Hillary would be going to jail for perjury long before Kavanaugh, but fortunately she doesn't matter anymore thanks to Donald Trump.

I wonder if the Princess Chelsea of Arkansas will run in true royal Trudeauian fashion? 

Edited by DogOnPorch