Faisal Hussain - the evolving story

On 7/25/2018 at 4:26 PM, taxme said:

Let's be honest here. The longer the guessing game goes on the less interest will be shown by we the people. This will surely be forgotten in a few weeks and no one will care anymore. Even here it will become a non topic anymore. Life goes on and so who cares. As long as I am alright that is all that matters, right? 

And yet, the topic keeps arising despite the passage of time. Perhaps because the Danforth shooting was among the top stories of the year and therefore garnered year-end media interest and coverage, some people starting paying attention again. An SIU report will eventually have to be released, of course, but can you think of another democratic country in which such a delay would be tolerated. I can't.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Media reports came from police statements. 

You're saying the police can't be trusted either?

You people live in a very dark strange world...how do you even manage to get out of bed in the morning? Why would you even want to get up?

You don't know a fucking thing but you're pretty sure Islam is the cause. I bet Hussain was a lefty, which of course would explain everything. 

The media reports, including those citing police sources, are entirely anecdotal. I believe the police simply confirmed they were aware of the shooter and that he'd been detained in the past for observation due to his bizarre and/or erratic behavior. This in no way confirms a mental health diagnosis. Only a qualified mental health professional can render such a diagnosis and there's nothing in anything you provide to indicate that such a diagnosis has been confirmed.  Further, you seem quite willing to stigmatize those living with and/or with a history of mental health issues, which would include up to about one-quarter of the population. You should be more judicious about ascribing cause to something about which you apparently know very little. And cut out the 'ad hominem' attacks, your use of which only undermines the credibility of your positions.

8 hours ago, turningrite said:

The media reports, including those citing police sources, are entirely anecdotal. I believe the police simply confirmed they were aware of the shooter and that he'd been detained in the past for observation due to his bizarre and/or erratic behavior. This in no way confirms a mental health diagnosis. Only a qualified mental health professional can render such a diagnosis and there's nothing in anything you provide to indicate that such a diagnosis has been confirmed.  Further, you seem quite willing to stigmatize those living with and/or with a history of mental health issues, which would include up to about one-quarter of the population. You should be more judicious about ascribing cause to something about which you apparently know very little. And cut out the 'ad hominem' attacks, your use of which only undermines the credibility of your positions.

Further, you seem quite willing to stigmatize those living with and/or with a history of mental health issues,..............

And you still haven't learned how to avoid the personal attacks against other members!  I hope this reminder helps.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:10 AM, Goddess said:

It's not a fact.  You don't know and neither do I. 

/facepalm

And so is the desperateness of Islamophiles who insist that terrorism has its root cause in mental illness and has nothing at all to do with Islamic ideology.

No that's not right the terrorism's root cause has far more to do with the West's behaviour in the ME and surrounding region the last 65 years or so.

Edited by eyeball

On 1/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, turningrite said:

This in no way confirms a mental health diagnosis.

That's right.

Only a qualified mental health professional can render such a diagnosis and there's nothing in anything you provide to indicate that such a diagnosis has been confirmed.

I know I haven't provided anything to indicate such a diagnosis has been confirmed. Why do you people so stupidly insist on saying I did?

And cut out the 'ad hominem' attacks, your use of which only undermines the credibility of your positions. 

Stop being so stupid if you want to be treated credibly.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:52 PM, Goddess said:

No, we don't.  We have claims from his family and a paid shill.  And the police say he was involved in 2 incidents, but don't elaborate on what those incidents were.

But it's clear that:

A police source told Global News that 29-year-old Faisal Hussain had previously been apprehended by Toronto police twice under the mental health act.

Fake story by Toronto police to protect Muslims?

11 hours ago, marcus said:

But it's clear that:

A police source told Global News that 29-year-old Faisal Hussain had previously been apprehended by Toronto police twice under the mental health act.

Fake story by Toronto police to protect Muslims?

This is the last time I'm going to explain this to you - being arrested under the mental health act is NOT A DIAGNOSIS of any kind of mental illness.

Being apprehended under the mental health act could be anything from shooting up a McDonald's to freaking out on a cashier at a place of business.  

I'm willing to wait and see what the official reports indicate.  Why aren't you?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

This is the last time I'm going to explain this to you - being arrested under the mental health act is NOT A DIAGNOSIS of any kind of mental illness.

Being apprehended under the mental health act could be anything from shooting up a McDonald's to freaking out on a cashier at a place of business.  

I'm willing to wait and see what the official reports indicate.  Why aren't you?

Still a cone of silence on this, very strange 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:17 PM, dialamah said:

That is not what I said, nor was it what I thought. 

But why don't you try looking at what is already been said: the guy is an Islamist, is not mentally ill, Trudeau, the gov't, the media is trying to hide the truth and anyone who says differently is part of that conspiracy.

I repeat, there is no desire here for real information, facts, honesty or discussion.  The only agenda is to indulge in conspiracy theories and criticize "those liberals".  

Not true....we criticize all bullshit coming out of any group....thats not a conspiracy but a fact...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What silence?

How about you, care to show me where anyone even came close to using the word diagnosis?

I was referring to the whole story  siu was supposed to give a report by the end of the 2018 

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

I was referring to the whole story  siu was supposed to give a report by the end of the 2018 

Bullshit you were.

You went looking for the word diagnosis and never found it is what happened.

Edited by eyeball

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Bullshit you were.

You went looking for the word diagnosis and never found it is what happened.

Bulls sit to you too...she mentioned the report...  but feel free to believe whatever makes u happy.  

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What silence? Show me where anyone used the word diagnosis in the process of attacking the racist right-wing bullshit that's so proudly on display around here.

No idea what you're going on about, I'm talking about the lack of information.  https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-cone-of-silence-surrounds-danforth-shooting

Just now, scribblet said:

No idea what you're going on about, I'm talking about the lack of information.  https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/levy-cone-of-silence-surrounds-danforth-shooting

And filling in the blanks with more speculative bullshit.

And you know precisely what I'm talking about - however stupid it may be to feign ignorance you're just not that stupid.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, Goddess said:

This is the last time I'm going to explain this to you

You have no consistency in your delivery, so this is probably why people are calling you out. Then you get frustrated and lash out.

- being arrested under the mental health act is NOT A DIAGNOSIS of any kind of mental illness.

Stop pretending that you are holding back your conclusion about this person until you get "a diagnosis". 

You've called his parents and brother liars. The psychologist a "paid shill". Pushed aside what the police has reported. 

All after you declared:

Why does the guy have to have some kind of "official" ties to ISIS to prove he was working for them?  ISIS sent out a call to all it's followers to attack and in particular to attack Canada.  This guy frequented their websites and responded to the call by conducting an attack

Where is your fight for facts and why are you making declarations like above so easily?

It's funny when someone says: "Hey, his family says he was mentally ill, a psychologist has confirmed this and the police has said he is known to police for mental health reasons, so I think there is a very good chance that this guy was mentally ill.", Your response? OMG, YOU HAVE NO DIAGNOSIS THAT HE IS MENTALLY ILL.HOW DO YOU KNOW?! 

You want it so bad for him to be a "Muslim Terrorist". SO BAD.

There are many dishonest people on this forum who have a hard on for Muslims.

Edited by marcus

2 hours ago, marcus said:

Stop pretending that you are holding back your conclusion about this person until you get "a diagnosis". 

I'm holding back my conclusion about him until there's more information.  Eyeball stated that it is a "FACT" that he is just a run-of-the-mill psycho with no ties to Islamic extremism.  It's not a FACT - until it's reported by an actual expert in that field.  What is so difficult for you to understand about that?

You've called his parents and brother liars. The psychologist a "paid shill". Pushed aside what the police has reported. 

This "psychologist"?

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/furey-meet-the-spin-doctor-behind-the-hussain-family-statement

The man who has presented himself as the point of contact for the family of Faisal Hussain is a professional activist who has reportedly committed himself to “framing a new narrative of Muslims in Canada” and creating a “national political movement.”

But despite his familiarity with media, Hashim refused to answer questions from the Sun about the Hussain family and his connection with them, including how long he had known them and whether he reached out to them or vice versa.

I didn't "push aside" what the police reported.  I said 2 run-ins with the police is not evidence of him being diagnosed with any kind of mental illness.

If I'm wrong, then please explain to me how it IS.

Also, some family friends dispute what his family said in the statement.

It's funny when someone says: "Hey, his family says he was mentally ill, a psychologist has confirmed this and the police has said he is known to police for mental health reasons, so I think there is a very good chance that this guy was mentally ill.",

I don't think it's funny when people say those things.  I think that's lying.  His family can say anything they want - blame anyone they want.  It doesn't make it a fact.  No psychologist has confirmed anything they said.  And him having a couple of apprehensions by the police also does not prove he is mentally ill.  

You are free to "think" that he is mentally ill but it is false to claim that this has been proven.  It has not.

You want it so bad for him to be a "Muslim Terrorist". SO BAD.

And some here want him to NOT be a Muslim terrorist  SO BAD that they are willing to lie and call the paid shill a "psychologist" and police reports as "diagnoses".

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Goddess said:

I'm holding back my conclusion about him until there's more information. 

You already concluded:

ISIS sent out a call to all it's followers to attack and in particular to attack Canada. This guy frequented their websites and responded to the call by conducting an attack

Maybe you're changing your approach? It's okay to change your mind.