Kinder Morgan , good or bad decision

I am concerned that we are selling our oil at much less than it is worth. If we cut back and preserve it until the other major producers run out of oil, we will have a monopoly. In the mean time we should be transitioning to nuclear power exporting both reactors and fuel. It will greatly enhance global carbon emission reduction and create mega jobs and profits for Canada. Western Canada is the Saudi Arabia of uranium. It is certainly more profitable and cleaner than oil.

Edited by Queenmandy85

22 hours ago, Army Guy said:

http://business.financialpost.com/commodities/energy/if-ottawa-cant-sell-trans-mountain-itll-need-to-spend-billions-more-to-build-it?utm_campaign=magnet&utm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles

I know this is a couple days old now, surprised no one has posted anything about it yet.

Did we really need to nationalize this project in order to have it move forward. Is this just some last minute attempt by the liberals to flex some muscle in order to keep the PM's words "this project will move forward regardless" instead of just forcing BC to tow the line, not Justin's style to be forceful perhaps. 

Is it a good decision, do we know of all the risks, i know the Government has not put anything out in the media to let us know of the risks ? or have they ? i mean who is going to buy a pipeline in Canada if we can not complete it, who is going to pay that bill to complete it , experts quote the price tag could go as high as 12 BIL Canadian beaver pelts, that's a lot of fur, even by Justin's standards....What do Canadians think  about such an expenditure. how will this effect the liberals in the polls...

I say that a minority of a few hundred environmentalists and Indian bands should not be able to stop big projects at all especially like this one. It is a tax base for the government and thousands of jobs are created which are more important to the economy than worrying about a possible oil leak. Accidents do happen in every industry. Should we stop building anything anymore because of what could happen? How building another pipeline is going to upset the environment is beyond me. It's all mostly underground anyway. Mount St. Helen's did more damage to the environment than any leaky oil pipeline could ever do. Pipelines are not being built with wax paper. What is being used for pipelines is steel and steel is strong and sturdy and not meant to break down after a few decades of service but should last for decades with no problems. Sure, there may be some leakage from a pipeline due to some cause or event but there are thousands of miles of pipelines all over Canada that have been around for years and all are pretty much holding up as planned by the builders of all those pipelines. They are not built to breakdown. 

All this is is just another attack by a bunch of useless environmentalists and Indians who appear to have no clue as to how the world works and because of that they hate new development and progress. They appear to want to send us back into the 16th century where we all can just try and fight for food and survival in the woods. Well, the hell with that. I would rather have a few oil leaks and some environmental damages done to the earth instead of living in the bush with no electricity or running tap water like I have and use in my home today. 

If things were left alone as planned this would not now be a costly project now for the Canadian taxpayer if the government takes over this project. We can thank those environmentalists and the native Indians for all this dam nonsense that they have stirred up and all for nothing.  And we can also blame the silent majority once again for allowing a few hundred loudmouths to F things up again. Why does this happen all the time in Canada where the minority can run and rule the lives of the majority. Democracy is sadly missing in Canada these days. :unsure:

47 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am concerned that we are selling our oil at much less than it is worth. If we cut back and preserve it until the other major producers run out of oil, we will have a monopoly. In the mean time we should be transitioning to nuclear power exporting both reactors and fuel. It will greatly enhance global carbon emission reduction and create mega jobs and profits for Canada. Western Canada is the Saudi Arabia of uranium. It is certainly more profitable and cleaner than oil.

Well then you first have to try and get by the oil lobby if you want to see your dream come true. I hope that you have a great lawyer and plenty of moola to take those big boys on. Have fun. 

57 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You're a little late to the party. That's why we're trying to build a coastal pipeline - to get our oil to a market other than the US. As for Nuclear - we used to be a leader with our Candu reactor technology but we've fallen behind others and besides, the same eco-nuts would kick up a stink.

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I would love to see how you would do running on that platform. Politics is the art of the possible. You cannot build support by confrontation. 

I agree it is far fetched , here in Canada our past politicians have won by lying their asses off, and then doing as little as possible when elected...And as Canadians we fall for it ever 4 years....has Justin kept any of his promises....i can't think of one....

Confrontation is exactly what Justin has painted himself into a corner with....does he come out smelling like roses or shit ?

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I think that we will find an alternative source of fuel , before we the world runs out of oil. Nuclear is very expensive to build and maintain.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:42 AM, Army Guy said:

....we could produce our own fuel here in Canada instead of buying it from the states with a huge mark up..

Funny how nobody seems to see that...

Why not take care of the domestic market first then export what's left?

The masses blindly follow the "experts" and politicians, nobody wants to step back and look at the big picture. Climate change and NAFTA are another couple of examples of this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Because Canada's biggest limitation is domestic...caused by other Canadians.

Regional infighting, provincial trade barriers, lack of investment capital, foreign ownership and export market dependence, tree huggers, sins against First Nations, multi-cultural  games, etc. , etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because Canada's biggest limitation is domestic...caused by other Canadians.

Regional infighting, provincial trade barriers, lack of investment capital, foreign ownership and export market dependence, tree huggers, sins against First Nations, multi-cultural  games, etc. , etc.

Well, are we one country or not? Maybe it's time a leadership candidate incorporates that into his/her platform. "Canada first" should be Canadians first priority if we are supposed to be patriotic. 

5 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Well, are we one country or not? Maybe it's time a leadership candidate incorporates that into his/her platform. "Canada first" should be Canadians first priority if we are supposed to be patriotic. 

Agreed, but that's the funny part...being more patriotic for Canada is met with disdain by some Canadians because it is considered to be...'murican.   Can't have that.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me get this straight:

They want pensioners to invest their hard-earned money and security,  to a 65 year old pipeline.......... which was bought with their own money.

A 65 year old pipeline that cost us 4.5 billion - which we could've gotten for free!

There goes the pension plan.

Edited by betsy

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 12:49 PM, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

The masses blindly follow the "experts" and politicians, nobody wants to step back and look at the big picture. Climate change and NAFTA are another couple of examples of this.

We DO "take care of the domestic market".  At least in some regions, Canadian refineries are a major source for US as well as domestic markets (for instance, Irving is HUGE exporter to New England areas).  Ontario has Sarnia with no US equivalent just across the border (yet, one being built in Michigan - first in US since 1976). 

If government of any kind want to do something positive, it would be to block shipments of dilbit and require that only synthetic crude be exported.  But, Ottawa is too busy looking for more terrorists to immigrate to bother with energy issues and our future.