White Pride

7 hours ago, John Otis said:

So why didn't Canada stop the US from enslaving the blacks?

The USA was formed in 1776?  Slavery abolished in about 1865,  Canada formed in 1867. So chronologically speaking Canada could not stop the USA slavery as Canada did not exist as a nation. I should say that this would suffice as the reason.

• Like 2

The Confederacy had been courting the British for the following items...muskets, ammo, recognition as a sovereign nation, intervention at sea to lift the blockade and allow free passage of supplies. 

The British were not stupid...they wanted to back a winner. While the Confederacy had enjoyed a string of victories in the Eastern theater, they had not managed to bring the war to the North/Union. The tacit promise made was that a victory on Union soil would allow the British to intervene on the Confederacy's side.

Two campaigns tried to do this...1862's invasion of the North which resulted in the Battle of Antietam and the Emancipation Proclamation. Then 1863's invasion that resulted in the Battle of Gettysburg and the Gettysburg Address. Both battles were Union victories...though both were extremely bloody for both sides.

These two Confederate failures plus Lincoln's brilliant move to make the Civil War about freeing the slaves (rather than state's rights) pretty much forced Britain to back-off as they had already outlawed the slave trade decades previous and had actively been campaigning militarily to get rid of it globally (mainly at sea).

The Underground Railway predates the US Civil War. Slavery was outlawed in British North America since William Wilberforce's days...1807 or so. Though there was never much need for slaves in Canada/BNA...no cotton...no sugar cane...etc. The largest slave holders in Canada were Natives...particularly tribes like the Haida. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

23 hours ago, Argus said:

The slave trade, running slaves up the east coast of Africa to the Arabs, for export to the Arabian peninsula,  thrived for a thousand years. Until the British arrived and put a stop to it.

Lucky for them a white man came along. Just saying. :D

14 hours ago, Owly said:

There are of course a lot of facets to this discussion and a lot of history. However I can take a moment to tell you I have had personal experience in Africa where a "little" American oil company spent a number of years sucking billions of barrels of oil out of the ground an in their wake left a few government people extremely wealthy while the general population still had to hunt for meat to put on the table.

And if it were not for that American corporation the oil never would have left the ground.

But by all means, blame them for the corruption of the ruling class there, not the ruling class themselves.

14 hours ago, Owly said:

So why do you figure the "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act" was enacted if the corruption was all Africa's fault? I think we all get who is brainwashed here.

Because hand-wringing liberals decided that those ignorant brown people couldn't possibly manage their own affairs and laws and so we needed to stop our corporations from 'abusing' those poor, greedy people.

13 hours ago, John Otis said:

Notice how most white nations give foreign aid while nations like Saudi Arabia and Oman don't give anything? It is to compensate for that the whites have done and are still doing. Saudi Arabia and Oman didn't do anything bad therefore they don't have to give anything:

The Saudis and the rest of the Arab world were enslaving blacks from Africa before Columbus first arrived in America. Most of what's left of the African slave trade is still centred in the Arab world.

10 hours ago, John Otis said:

I'm taking a wild guess and say that Mrs. Owly and Mrs. eyeball are both non white people?

Notice how both of them get defensive when white people, such as yourself(?), defends themselves? White people cannot defend their race. Everything that the whites have done was brought about due to selfishness and greediness and just the need to attain ultimate power.

Also can you defend this:

Another marvelous job done by your overlords.

Are you under the impression posting large pictures makes up for the lack of thoughtful discourse on your part?

Because... it doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Because hand-wringing liberals decided that those ignorant brown people couldn't possibly manage their own affairs and laws and so we needed to stop our corporations from 'abusing' those poor, greedy people.

Which "our" corporations did many times over, especially prior to laws being enacted to stop them.

Just now, Owly said:

Which "our" corporations did many times over, especially prior to laws being enacted to stop them.

That's not the point. Nobody needs to enact such laws in Russia or China to prevent them from bribing our politicians. We police our own country, thanks.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

That's not the point. Nobody needs to enact such laws in Russia or China to prevent them from bribing our politicians. We police our own country, thanks.

The first word of the act I have referred to is "Foreign" in case you aren't aware. You're welcome.

On 4/9/2019 at 11:49 PM, John Otis said:

According to a lot of colored folks, the white people of North America are the illegal immigrants:

yvkx3.jpg

This applies to Canadians too.

Not leaving. The British/European settlers finally did something with the place and we are not going anywhere. Anyone who thinks that the white man is just going to get up and leave is crazy. I can guarantee you this that if all of the British/European people left North America the native Indians eventually would revert back to the good old days of hunting and killing each other. I think that would be the last thing that they would want to see happen. And those people from non-white countries that are here now would not be as nice and kind to the Indians as the British/European people are today. There would be no more free money and free toys to run around on anymore. They would no doubt be told to go out and get a job or starve. Just saying. 

1 minute ago, Owly said:

The first word of the act I have referred to is "Foreign" in case you aren't aware. You're welcome.

So? It's still an attempt to police the behaviour of our corporations abroad because we don't believe other countries are capable of policing their own territory.

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

The Saudis and the rest of the Arab world were enslaving blacks from Africa before Columbus first arrived in America. Most of what's left of the African slave trade is still centred in the Arab world.

Still are....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Otis said:

So why didn't Canada stop the US from enslaving the blacks?

Because Canada cannot stop the US from doing anything that they want too. Hello? The hatred that the alt-left liberal media has towards white people is really getting way out of hand. When are we ever going to hear from this lying media who never appear to want to blame non-whites for anything? It's always attacks against white people who are supposed to be all just a bunch of white racists. It was the White people who eventually freed the black slaves and they never ever get any credit for it. This needs to change now. I know that the truth hurts some people but those people need to wake up. The white people have done far more greater and better things for the world than any other race has ever done. My opinion. 

15 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Of course not. Simply pointing out that white people weren't the worst slavers, and they ended slavery before anyone else did. Africans weren't the great crusaders against slavery, not at all, they were some of the last stragglers to finally end the practice, in fact.

Black people have oppressed black people more than white people have oppressed black people, historically speaking. If Africans didn't sell blacks to the west, they would have sold them to the Ottoman's, and they did, sold more to the Ottoman's than to the Western nations, in fact.

I believe that slavery still exists in some countries like Liberia and other Arab and African countries. :(

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Because Canada cannot stop the US from doing anything that they want too. Hello? The hatred that the alt-left liberal media has towards white people is really getting way out of hand. When are we ever going to hear from this lying media who never appear to want to blame non-whites for anything? It's always attacks against white people who are supposed to be all just a bunch of white racists. It was the White people who eventually freed the black slaves and they never ever get any credit for it. This needs to change now. I know that the truth hurts some people but those people need to wake up. The white people have done far more greater and better things for the world than any other race has ever done. My opinion. 

Canada was formed very quickly for one big reason.

The Union won in 1865. Now a well trained army/navy under some of the best generals ever was lookin' fer something to do...

"What did James Monroe say again, General Sherman? Oh yeah...I remember, now. Mount-up!"

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Canada was formed very quickly for one big reason.

The Union won in 1865. Now a well trained army/navy under some of the best generals ever was lookin' fer something to do...

"What did James Monroe say again, General Sherman? Oh yeah...I remember, now. Mount-up!"

Best generals? Not to derail but the South had some good ones. The North had maybe two, both flawed. And yes, Sherman was one, the drunken Grant being the other.

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Best generals? Not to derail but the South had some good ones. The North had maybe two, both flawed. And yes, Sherman was one, the drunken Grant being the other.

Some of the best, yes. Sherman, Sheridan, Grant, etc...plus a strong veteran officer corp helping them. I'm well aware of the South's leaders. They were a mixed bag, as well, outside the Army of Northern Virginia. For every Jackson in the East, they had a Bragg out West...and the West was critical. The Rebs lost consistently in the Western theater save for a few notable victories. But losing at Shiloh really sealed the Reb's fate from the get-go.

Edited by DogOnPorch

15 hours ago, John Otis said:

According to a lot of colored folks, including Owly, a lot of predominantly white rich nations became rich because they colonized and enslaved other races.

They stole the resources of these colonized nations and made the natives their slaves to enrich the white race while the enslaved became poorer and poorer.

Even till this day, according to a lot of colored folks, this still happens. Only when the white race stop its enslavement and neocolonialism can nations such as Somalia become rich.

This is why a lot of colored folks believe that the white races must adhere to their needs as payments for these crimes.

Without these other nations and races, the white race would be as poor as dirt.

If black people feel so suppressed by white folk in North America these days then why are they still here? They have had plenty of decades now to go back to Africa and help build up Africa and help their own race. Use what they have learned here and go help their poor people. Hello Oprah Winfrey and Whoopie. But I bet you they will not. Why? Because they know that they have it better here and is a lot safer for them. Many of those black African countries have ruthless dictators and some commit the worse human rights violations and abuses that are going on over there every day. Why do non-whites from all over the world want to immigrate to a Western country?  It is simple. They know that they are safe here from human rights abuses in their own countries. And yet we let in millions of people from non-western nations every year and we are still called racists. Anyone see something wrong with this photo? 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Some of the best, yes. Sherman, Sheridan, Grant, etc...plus a strong veteran officer corp helping them. I'm well aware of the South's leaders. They were a mixed bag, as well, outside the Army of Northern Virginia. For every Jackson in the East, they had a Bragg out West...and the West was critical. The Rebs lost consistently in the Western theater save for a few notable victories. But losing at Shiloh really sealed the Reb's fate from the get-go.

They lost because they were hugely outnumbered and literally outgunned by northern industry. Not because of any great military strategy on the part of the North. The North should have won this in the first six months, but they were too incompetent, so it stretched on for four long years consuming the lives of masses of young men foolish enough to join up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Argus said:

They lost because they were hugely outnumbered and literally outgunned by northern industry. Not because of any great military strategy on the part of the North. The North should have won this in the first six months, but they were too incompetent, so it stretched on for four long years consuming the lives of masses of young men foolish enough to join up.

Yes...like Japan in WW2, the Rebs had a limited amount of time to achieve victory (independence). Ironically, the Union's best generals were pushed out West and into the Trans-Mississippi for not being good team players...to simplify the situation. Grant, Sherman, Lyon, Prentiss and others whose names escape me at the moment.

And you're obviously aware of the Army of the Potomac having a string of terrible generals starting with McDowell...

(Edit: if I recall, the Union Army at First Bull Run was named 'Army of Virginia' while one of the Reb armies (there were two present) was named 'Army of the Potomac'...bit of a switcheroo)

Edited by DogOnPorch

13 minutes ago, taxme said:

If black people feel so suppressed by white folk in North America these days then why are they still here? They have had plenty of decades now to go back to Africa and help build up Africa and help their own race. Use what they have learned here and go help their poor people. Hello Oprah Winfrey and Whoopie. But I bet you they will not. Why? Because they know that they have it better here and is a lot safer for them. Many of those black African countries have ruthless dictators and some commit the worse human rights violations and abuses that are going on over there every day. Why do non-whites from all over the world want to immigrate to a Western country?  It is simple. They know that they are safe here from human rights abuses in their own countries. And yet we let in millions of people from non-western nations every year and we are still called racists. Anyone see something wrong with this photo? 

First of all I'll give you a little hand with grammar, the word you were grasping for is oppressed, not suppressed. Beyond that, the "photo" you present simply underscores your own racism so it's apropos. Oh BTW, one of those Black people became the most pwerful man on the planet, for two terms, and he got there with the support of the majority of the American voters, not by a quircky electoral college.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, John Otis said:

I'm taking a wild guess and say that Mrs. Owly and Mrs. eyeball are both non white people?

That's right, I'm mostly pink, tan in a few places but a little pastier this time of year so...throw in a bit of blue here and there, a little yellowing, I'm a real dogs breakfast. But white people? I don't trust 'em myself. To easy to miss against a whiteboard or something...you can only see them when they smile.

Notice how both of them get defensive when white people, such as yourself(?), defends themselves? White people cannot defend their race. Everything that the whites have done was brought about due to selfishness and greediness and just the need to attain ultimate power.

If you've been paying attention at all you'll have noticed I specifically pointed out that its the desire to have supremacy over everyone/thing that is indefensible.  Everything that supremacists have done, be it in the name of race, nation, religion, ideology, economy, whatever, has pretty much led us to the same point we're at today which is mostly a state of increasing dysfunction.

Trying to attain supremacy is like trying to attain the speed of light where the faster you go the more effort it takes and it's ultimately an exercise in futility.  The trouble is there's always another sucker willing to pick up where the last one failed.

Edited by eyeball