Our PM speaks in french only in France.

4 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

So far he's presented himself as a pushover.

More or less echoes what I said- A pushover is not leadership. Those other things you mentions are part of the Liberal agenda, and certainly not his innovation by any means. Trudeau, having absolutely no former political experience, or even work experience of any substantial kind is simply a name and a nice hairdo being put on display before Canadians. 

4 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

I couldn't care less about how he embraces foreign diplomats or what language he speaks in another country. 

Me neither. If another leader who was competent did those same things, it would mean very little. But that is the depth of political dialog these days.

Well OftenWrong, we as the Canadian voter voted him into power using what he even admitted was a flawed system. Now he realizes he needs to used the same  flawed system to remain in power. We have to figure out a way to get him out.

When he was elected I was willing to give him a chance, I'm not happy with the results so it's time to kick him out and move on. He can put being prime minister for one term on his resume, I'm pretty sure he'll be set for life.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:39 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Why would this bother anybody? 

Because anything that this prime mistake does bothers me. I want a man running this country, not a constant apologist feminist for PM of Canada. This dope needs to be exposed for his childish sillyness.  We need someone like a Trump for PM of Canada. Someone who cares for and about Canada, and not the rest of the world. So there. :D

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, capricorn said:

Come on Spanky, Trudeau looks like a dork in those pics. Why can't he just shake hands with these foreign leaders? Why does he have to embrace them the way he does? I mean, he even puckers up with eyes closed. It's downright bizarre and embarrassing.

I sure wouldn't want to wake up in the morning and see him lying next to me. Lord save me. :o

13 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I meant him talking French in France. 

Well, why did he not speak in English also is the question that needs to be answered. After all, are we not suppose to be a bilingual country where English is one of the official languages of Canada? This guy just slapped every Anglophone in this country in the face and he will get away with it. Speak in Britain in English only and see what happens? The french and Anglophone media would go bonkers. News headlines: Trudeau speaks in English only, omits french, insults french Quebec. This is what I am talking about. 

9 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

I'm having trouble understanding this whole topic. There's more than enough substantial issues to rail against Trudeau but this one is not one of them - in my opinion. Speaking in any country's Parliament is about respect for that particular institution - not political correctness back home. If another leader addressed OUR Parliament, they would do it in English - not double up with Egyptian or Yemeni or German. If they were capable of speaking in French AND English, they may decide to do it in both languages out of respect for our official bilingualism. If Harper was still PM, I'm sure he would do it only in French. OUTSIDE of Parliament - at news scrums and the like, there very well may be opportunities to use both languages.  

It is obvious that you have not watched our dear leaders give a speech in any of the countries that they visit at all. Try it some time because every time I have listened to them they always speak in both languages. Other leaders would speak in their own language and maybe they may even speak in English or french if they know how to speak in one or the other language in our parliament. Come on. Our PM's always have to speak in both languages when giving a speech anywhere.. It's the law. But in France, speaking in English is not required obviously. 

I only pointed this out because I will stand up for English/Anglophone Canada where I see it is needed. The french insult English/Anglophone Canada whenever and wherever they can. Quebec has no love for Canada or English rights. Quebec's french speaking only law is an insult to the Anglophones of Canada. They need to be always challenged for what they try to get away with. That's it. :D

9 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Does he have anything to say that we want to hear? 

You could always learn French :)

Apparently he's doing such a fine job haters have to start nitpicking... Speaking French in a French speaking country is outrageous. 

It is plain to see that you are not getting the drift. So, our Canadian so-called leaders should be able to go all over the world and give a speech in some country and do it all in french only, right, and that is not a problem for you, right? English can take a back seat, right? It sure is hard to find true Canadian Anglophone patriots around here. They appear to rather switch than fight. Pathetic. 

8 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Not really, from my vantage point the substance is he's giving the country away. If running around the world and signing all these deals is on the same principles as giving tens of millions to convicted criminals we are in for a whole lot of hurt. So far he's presented himself as a pushover. 

I couldn't care less about how he embraces foreign diplomats or what language he speaks in another country. 

Anglophone Canada has presented itself as an easy pushover. Quebec slaps Anglophones on one side of the cheek and they than will turn around to the other side of the cheek and say go ahead slap this side. This country has become a country full of Anglophone wimps and cowards. 

Well, if you are an Anglophone you should care. The french are making fools of the Anglophones all the time in this country and this was one of them. Wake up for gawds sake, especially if you are an Anglophone like me. I left Quebec because I was starting to be treated as a second class citizen in Quebec. Even Ottawa didn't give a crap about the Anglophones in Quebec. The Anglophone leaders in Ottawa just shrugged their shoulders and said good luck Anglophones. The rotten Anglophone cowards. 

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

Emphatically NOT.  Quebecois is an extremely crude dialect.   I am forever grateful that at least in SK, children learn proper Parisienne French.   They can integrate seemlessly in France.

Ya, well try and get a job in Quebec if you are not of a french background in the government. You better not have an accent or you will not get hired. One in maybe five hundred Anglophones applying for a government job and may get hired so Quebec can say that see we are not being prejudiced. But you had better speak dam good french. 

The French are known to be reluctant to speak English to anyone whose mother-tongue is English but as long as you muster a couple of complimenatary sentences in french and they realise you are not American/British/Aussie/Other native English speaker their ability to speak English suddenly improves by 100%.

14 hours ago, taxme said:

It is plain to see that you are not getting the drift. So, our Canadian so-called leaders should be able to go all over the world and give a speech in some country and do it all in french only, right, and that is not a problem for you, right? English can take a back seat, right? It sure is hard to find true Canadian Anglophone patriots around here. They appear to rather switch than fight. Pathetic. 

He could speak Klingon for all I care, if it's significant for anglophones somebody can translate it to English. 

Actually it would be a waste of time to address people of a nation in a language hardly anybody speaks as well as their native tongue. 

14 hours ago, taxme said:

Anglophone Canada has presented itself as an easy pushover. Quebec slaps Anglophones on one side of the cheek and they than will turn around to the other side of the cheek and say go ahead slap this side. This country has become a country full of Anglophone wimps and cowards.

Well, if you are an Anglophone you should care. The french are making fools of the Anglophones all the time in this country and this was one of them. Wake up for gawds sake, especially if you are an Anglophone like me. I left Quebec because I was starting to be treated as a second class citizen in Quebec. Even Ottawa didn't give a crap about the Anglophones in Quebec. The Anglophone leaders in Ottawa just shrugged their shoulders and said good luck Anglophones. The rotten Anglophone cowards. 

Angiophone wimps and cowards??? Being slapped by a pretty French maiden would be kind of a turn on actually :) Personally I don't lose sleep over the fact the cereal box has French as well as English written on it. 

With an attitude like you display on here I can understand the French people's problem with you... 

Edited by Thinkinoutsidethebox

10 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Have any former PM's who can't speak French visited France and spoken English only? Or is it impossible to be PM of Canada without being able to speak French?

I don't think Harper ever became fluent in French did he? 

Leaders visit countries all over the world that don't speak their language, that's what translators are for. 

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, but he does it only in France.  Not other countries.

2 hours ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

So "in French" in France? Well the nerve >:( Quebecers should be outraged!!! 

I see you are also confused... the prefix used was "in French", meaning he is speaking more than french. Same as when using the word "in-famous". If you are in-famous, you are more than just famous.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, taxme said:

Because anything that this prime mistake does bothers me. I want a man running this country, not a constant apologist feminist for PM of Canada. This dope needs to be exposed for his childish sillyness.  We need someone like a Trump for PM of Canada. Someone who cares for and about Canada, and not the rest of the world. So there. :D

We had a great one in Stephen Harper, and I wish he was still around. Every bad thing the left wing media said about Harper is coming true under Trudeau.

Edited by PIK