The second amendment is failing the USA : Another school shooting!

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Random words.  Here's some American Hamburger Helper for you:

The "x axis" goes this way ------------->

Whatever works for you in Canada...as long as we get to keep guns and buy even more guns.

Even the Hamburger Helper in Canada is American...in two official languages !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1. Whatever works for you in Canada...as long as we get to keep guns and buy even more guns.

2. Even the Hamburger Helper in Canada is American...in two official languages !

1. Graphs are French in origin.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/René_Descartes

2. Hamburger - inspired and conceived in Germany https://communitytable.parade.com/61481/toriavey/where-did-hamburgers-originate/

Math is universal... time marches on... etc.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

Yes, there are solutions, but not from the NRA.  Waste of energy and breath talking with them. 

Trump says they need to arm some of the teachers, repeating the NRA talking points.

The largest education organization in the U.S. said the arming teachers comment is ridiculous.  Nobody becomes a teacher to be an armed guard. 

Well, Duh!  They're an advocacy group.  Just like you're not gonna get advice from Planned Parenthood about raising your baby and you're not gonna get advice on Atheism from the Pope.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, Boges said:

Until they do. 

There are reasonable gun measures that people want.

Measures that have extraordinary strong support Nationally. But the approach people in the GOP take is that if they can't stop all gun crime, they shouldn't try to stop any gun crime. 

That's not true at all, in fact it usually goes the other way.  If the dems don't get a weapons ban, they don't want to accept that anything else can be done.

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

That's not true at all, in fact it usually goes the other way.  If the dems don't get a weapons ban, they don't want to accept that anything else can be done.

Not sure what dems you are referring to. The ones I have heard speaking on the issue don't want an all out ban such as to the 2nd, they do want a few safeguards in place such as effective background checks, an increase in the legal age, and perhaps putting assault rifles back into the hands of the people they were designed for. You've heard of the military I imagine?

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Whatever works for you in Canada...as long as we get to keep guns and buy even more guns.

Even the Hamburger Helper in Canada is American...in two official languages !

How many school shooting you aiming for this year? Seems the US is out to set a record. One every 2.5 days so far.

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Maybe you should do a little research yourself before posting out of sheer ignorance.

My little research tells me 3/4 of teachers surveyed in the US don't want to be armed. One particular teacher interviewed after Trump's latest ridiculous rantings said while he is a gun owner with a long gun and a pistol, he would not carry a gun into the classroom. Many do agree armed guards are a much saner idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/politics/teacher-guns-survey/index.html

Edited by Omni

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Not sure what dems you are referring to. The ones I have heard speaking on the issue don't want an all out ban such as to the 2nd, they do want a few safeguards in place such as effective background checks, an increase in the legal age, and perhaps putting assault rifles back into the hands of the people they were designed for. You've heard of the military I imagine?

Well, then it shouldn't be too hard to come to some agreements because Trump has also suggested those changes.  In fact, he's suggested even more changes than those.  As far as semi-auto rifes (as I assume you're talking about), those wont be outlawed...and in fact are used in a small fraction of crimes.  But yeah, some good starting points, we'll see what the democrats do - my guess is that they dig in their heels and try blaming Trump for their inaction.  Just a hunch!

1 hour ago, Omni said:

My little research tells me 3/4 of teachers surveyed in the US don't want to be armed. One particular teacher interviewed after Trump's latest ridiculous rantings said while he is a gun owner with a long gun and a pistol, he would not carry a gun into the classroom. Many do agree armed guards are a much saner idea.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/politics/teacher-guns-survey/index.html

That sounds about right, meaning that 25% want to take the required training and arm themselves - that sounds like a pretty good number to me. 

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, then it shouldn't be too hard to come to some agreements because Trump has also suggested those changes.  In fact, he's suggested even more changes than those.  As far as semi-auto rifes (as I assume you're talking about), those wont be outlawed...and in fact are used in a small fraction of crimes.  But yeah, some good starting points, we'll see what the democrats do - my guess is that they dig in their heels and try blaming Trump for their inaction.  Just a hunch!

Trump suggests one thing one day (when he is confronting those who lost friends and loved ones in school shootings) and then flips completely upside down the next day when he is speaking to his conservative, gun toting, NRA supporting followers. If you buy his BS then I have some property for sale. Perhaps AR 15's will be outlawed since the "small fraction of crimes" include nearly all of the many school shootings. The gun nuts need to be reined in and I am hoping the student actions that have followed the latest one will have effect. They seem to be gathering strength at the same time as major US corporations are cutting ties to the NRA. I think people have just had enough, finally. I think American's from either side of the political should dig their heels in and hold hairball to account for his endless lies.  

15 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

That sounds about right, meaning that 25% want to take the required training and arm themselves - that sounds like a pretty good number to me. 

It wouldn't sound pretty good to me were I a US parent sending my kid off to grade one knowing they would be sitting in a classroom facing a teacher with a Glock tied to their hip. Many of the teachers surveyed remarked they didn't go to college to become a teacher to end up with the possibility of having to shoot a student. And it also won't sound too good when inevitably a student is mistakenly shot.  

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

Not really, here are the details:

How likely would you be to bring a firearm to school if you were allowed to?

• Very Likely - 10.7%
  • Likely - 6.9%
  • Somewhat Likely - 10%
  • Somewhat Unlikely - 7.2%
  • Unlikely - 15.7%
  • Very Unlikely - 49.5%

5 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Not really, here are the details:

How likely would you be to bring a firearm to school if you were allowed to?

• Very Likely - 10.7%
  • Likely - 6.9%
  • Somewhat Likely - 10%
  • Somewhat Unlikely - 7.2%
  • Unlikely - 15.7%
  • Very Unlikely - 49.5%

So, nearly 28% say "likely"?  Yeah, that's good enough.

18 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

So, nearly 28% say "likely"?  Yeah, that's good enough.

More than good enough. Evidently the ability to add, let alone use reason are not typical leftist traits.
The ones who are not quite sure want more details about training, security and liability. Those are important questions.

Edited by OftenWrong

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

More than good enough. Evidently the ability to add, let alone use reason are not typical leftist traits.
The ones who are not quite sure want more details about training, security and liability. Those are important questions.

Apparently neither math or reading are your strong suits. What I do find interesting is all of the major corporations severing any previous ties with the NRA. I guess maybe having 33,000 people shot annually could hurt business. You know, you can't rent a car when you're dead. A little more of a primer for you and hal as to the business end of things: mist people buy a gun once, but they buy plane tickets and rent cars, book hotel rooms many times.   

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-23/nra-corporate-partners-hit-with-boycott-calls

Edited by Omni