Canada's Refugee System in Chaos

Argus

US response to the arrival of Central American caravan at the US-Mexican border.

“Let me be clear: we will enforce the immigration laws as set forth by Congress. If you enter our country illegally, you have broken the law and will be referred for prosecution. If you make a false immigration claim, you have broken the law and will be referred for prosecution.  If you assist or coach an individual in making a false immigration claim, you have broken the law and will be referred for prosecution.

“DHS, in partnership with DOJ, has taken a number of steps to ensure the necessary resources are in place to promptly adjudicate all cases and claims, through either our civil immigration system or through criminal prosecution, consistent with our laws.

“Individuals of the 'caravan' seeking asylum or other similar claims should seek protections in the first safe country they enter, including Mexico.

“The smugglers, traffickers, and criminals understand our legal loopholes better than Congress and are effectively exploiting them to their advantage. This President fully understands the threat this poses to Americans and has been crystal clear since the beginning of his Administration that we will protect our borders and our sovereignty.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/04/25/secretary-nielsen-statement-arrival-central-american-caravan

Justin and his Liberals don't have the balls to uphold our laws in this manner. They prefer to roll out the welcome mat and look at illegal arrivals as potential future Liberal voters. To hell with our sovereignty and our laws.

Edited by capricorn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, capricorn said:

US response to the arrival of Central American caravan at the US-Mexican border.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/04/25/secretary-nielsen-statement-arrival-central-american-caravan

Justin and his Liberals don't have the balls to uphold our laws in this manner. They prefer to roll out the welcome mat and look at illegal arrivals as potential future Liberal voters. To hell with our sovereignty and our laws.

There is nothing illegal about a human being showing up at Canada or the US border and requesting a hearing for their case for admission.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that every person seeking to enter Canada must appear for an examination at a port of entry to determine whether that person has a right to enter Canada, or may become authorized to enter and remain in Canada.

What is illegal, according to Canadian law, is denying human beings that chance.  

It's also illegal in the US too.

Refugee law

Most conservatives, especially social/religious one's, completely lack the moral and ethical background required to speak to this issue.  I can't speak to Trudeau or the Liberals only being in it for the votes but for what its worth I wouldn't put it past them.  That said, if the Liberals were honestly upholding the law for humanitarian reasons would you really feel any differently?   

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

People have lied about it too.

And don't forget the 2.5 million Muslims that fought for the Allies during WW1

The leadership certainly was behind hitler.

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is not a problem.  Social progress is making Canada a better place, and you can only make a case to the contrary by adding falsehoods such as "Angela Merkel is Jewish' to your carelessly spelled and researched posts.  Not that you are convincing people, but in case there are gullible people reading these, it helps to have someone point out your methods on here.

I think that I pretty much know why you are here and what you are all about. I did my research and I found out that Merkle is Jewish. Try harder, Hardner. Social progress is making Canada a worse place to live in today. Canada is fast becoming a debt ridden multicultural hell hole. The kind of social progress that you support appears to be to create more social unrest and chaos.

The Canadian taxpayer's just gave away $75 million tax dollars in foreign aid to Yemen thanks to Trudeau to help the Yemini people because of all the bombing that is going on there by their enemies. And the Canadian taxpayer's then exported $284 million worth of weapons and military goods to the countries that are bombing the hell out of Yemen. Is this the kind of social progress that you are trying to push here? There are some fools who will believe the nonsense that you try to peddle here but it does not work on me. Truth sometimes hurts, teach. :D

So, how is my Englishes today? 

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Completely false.  This is what happens when someone gets their information from lying websites such as the kind that promote white racial purity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Merkel

I can't find any sites that say she is Jewish.

Than the internet must be all just full of lies according to you. Fyi, I did not get this information from some white racial group. I got this tidbit on the internet. I did my research and found it on the web by just punching in "Angela Merkle a Jewish communist". Got ya. :D  I don't believe that you even tried to find this out, now did ya, teach? Completely false my white butt. 

How is my Englishes today? Just asking. :D

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's also illegal in the US too.

Not necessarily....U.S. Refugee Act sets fiscal year limits at 50,000, and grants the president authority to admit or deny in emergencies   Other exclusions apply.

All refugees do not have a legal right to admission into the United States, or permanent residency.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, taxme said:

I did not get this information from some white racial group. I got this tidbit on the internet. I did my research and found it on the web by just punching in "Angela Merkle a Jewish communist".

You should put that in your signature to warn people off of your method of sourcing information.

40 minutes ago, taxme said:

I think that I pretty much know why you are here and what you are all about. I did my research and I found out that Merkle is Jewish.  

Well, I have pointed out that there is no commonly available information that she is Jewish.  You are now coming up with a conspiracy of silence, that she is Jewish and conspiring to bring Muslims to Germany.

I guess I am here to point out sanity, in case some people don't know what it is.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

"At a point of entry" is key here. Of course, persons seeking entry at designated points of entry will be processed in accordance with the law. Persons entering Canada at other border areas not designated a point of entry are illegal arrivals, should be turned back and advised to go through a legal point of entry.

I have to laugh at your comment about conservatives. As if you are qualified to speak to this issue when you don't even know the difference between a designated "point of entry" and illegal crossing areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Also falsehoods.  Don't forget that part.  People who come on here and decry MSM lies and talk about liars get their info from lying websites aimed at gullible types.  Then those people come here and paste the lies they cut, add a few lines of misspelled comments and claim they are laterns of truth in a dangerous world.

Still waiting for the Trump Russian connection.

Still waiting for confirmation Assad used chemical weapons

Let's not forget the past MSM lies that got us into more wars

Remember the yellowcake from Niger?  Right, did not happen

Remember the babies thrown out of incubators? Right, never happened

Remember Hussein's chemical weapons? No? Oh that's right, nothing was found.

Do I need to go on?   I have found that a lot of  MSM articles contradict themselves often. Meaning A was stated at the beginning, then B was stated part way through, then at the end both A and B were twisted to seem like the same thing.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Do I need to go on? 

No, you have made your point.  Some conspiracies are real.  But these were minor... and they were found out.  Nonetheless, you are correct - they ARE conspiracies.  I surprised an anti-truther friend last week when I told him some conspiracies are real.

7 hours ago, capricorn said:

"At a point of entry" is key here. Of course, persons seeking entry at designated points of entry will be processed in accordance with the law. Persons entering Canada at other border areas not designated a point of entry are illegal arrivals, should be turned back and advised to go through a legal point of entry.

And yet I know the difference between what's key and what isn't.

Individuals can make an asylum claim in Canada at a port of entry or at an inland CBSA or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/03/claiming_asylum_incanadawhathappens.html

I have to laugh at your comment about conservatives. As if you are qualified to speak to this issue when you don't even know the difference between a designated "point of entry" and illegal crossing areas.

Your indifference towards what you think should happen and what the law says will happen underscores the moral and ethical deficiency I mentioned.  Are you suggesting the term "illegal crossing area" is an officially designated term within the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or that it just should be?

3 hours ago, PIK said:

The leadership certainly was behind hitler.

There's only one person in particular that you're slandering every Muslim with.  You people do the same thing to anyone that isn't an Islamophobic conservative right-winger like yourselves...automatically lumping them all in with Pol Pot or Stalin...even Hitler for Christ's sake.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not necessarily....U.S. Refugee Act sets fiscal year limits at 50,000, and grants the president authority to admit or deny in emergencies   Other exclusions apply.

All refugees do not have a legal right to admission into the United States, or permanent residency.

Never said they did, what I said is they get a hearing. Border guards cannot simply throw people back over the fence - I'd suggest if any guards were caught doing so they'd face disciplinary action and that anyone thrown back in such an unceremonious manner would likely get a more favourable hearing.

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Never said they did, what I said is they get a hearing. Border guards cannot simply throw people back over the fence - I'd suggest if any guards were caught doing so they'd face disciplinary action and that anyone thrown back in such an unceremonious manner would likely get a more favourable hearing.

So called "refugees" are not guaranteed a hearing, and must first be landed in the U.S. to even attempt to apply for affirmative or defensive asylum.

Economic refugees trying to game the system will not be very successful under a Trump administration, especially if they cannot enter the country.

The U.S. Coast Guard has turned "refugees" away...throwing them back over the fence.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The U.S. Coast Guard has turned "refugees" away...throwing them back over the fence.

Yes, the St Louis was particularly shameful but to be fair the US coast Guard only steered those refugees past the fence - before the US signed UN Conventions on Refugees that would have made it illegal to similarly turn refugees away.  

Just now, eyeball said:

Yes, the St Louis was particularly shameful but to be fair the US coast Guard only steered those refugees past the fence - before the US signed UN Conventions on Refugees that would have made it illegal to similarly turn refugees away.  

No....the U.S. still turns "refugees" away at sea (e.g. Haitian boat people).

Asylum seekers do not have the legal right to be landed in the U.S.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

And yet I know the difference between what's key and what isn't.

Your indifference towards what you think should happen and what the law says will happen underscores the moral and ethical deficiency I mentioned.  Are you suggesting the term "illegal crossing area" is an officially designated term within the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or that it just should be?

Oh get off your high horse. You can stop deflecting now that you have learned the difference between a legal point of entry and an illegal crossing area.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

No, you have made your point.  Some conspiracies are real.  But these were minor... and they were found out.  Nonetheless, you are correct - they ARE conspiracies.  I surprised an anti-truther friend last week when I told him some conspiracies are real.

Lies that got nations to war with other nations is not minor.

3 hours ago, capricorn said:

Oh get off your high horse. You can stop deflecting now that you have learned the difference between a legal point of entry and an illegal crossing area.

A difference that makes no difference.

Get back on your stupid horse and try again.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Lies that got nations to war with other nations is not minor.

I stand corrected.  Let me rephrase: these lies were projects that were small in scope, easy to coordinate, and hinged on over-publicizing them to the world to gain political traction on falsehood.  I am thinking of the incubators lie here: it was a PR firm getting one person to lie in front of many cameras.  These are lynchpin issues that can turn political tide at sensitive times.

It's informative to look at how these were found out when considering whether JFK and 9/11 Conspiracies could be manageable operations.

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No....the U.S. still turns "refugees" away at sea (e.g. Haitian boat people).

Perhaps out at sea where you super-rogues use might to make right but..

Asylum seekers do not have the legal right to be landed in the U.S.

...any that actually make it ashore do have a right to seek asylum according to your Supreme Court and international law.