How Do We Deal With Overpopulation, While Respecting Human Rights?

Just now, taxme said:

I wish that we were still using the old British immigration policy of decades ago by just keeping them all out. There is no need to kill them because they have been doing a pretty good job all those centuries at doing each other in themselves. 

I guess that this just shows that we in the West know how to grow more food than what we need compared to those living in the overpopulated countries. I don't think that we in the West have any fear of ever going hungry unless the politicians somehow are able to manage to screw that up.  

Well, sterilizing humanity should end up making the human race extinct. Right up your alley, eh? 

Humans have no more right to the planet than the dodo had.  But I would make the sterilization reversible, so that when we'd cleaned the place up and staved of AGW, those who passed all the tests could have kids again.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No, I don't.  Not really.  There's television and the internet.  And other people, too.

I know where all the bits in your smart phone come from.

Well, it is sure a lot cheaper to go on the internet or watch it all on TV rather than be going to those overpopulated countries alright. 

And those bits in your smart phone were all pretty much invented in the West. The rest of the world followed or copied from the West. The rest of the world would still be in the dark if it were not for the Western people. Just saying. 

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Humans have no more right to the planet than the dodo had.  But I would make the sterilization reversible, so that when we'd cleaned the place up and staved of AGW, those who passed all the tests could have kids again.

Will those kids only be getting their education from liberals then?  That would be another disaster in the making if that were the case. 

Just now, taxme said:

Will those kids only be getting their education from liberals then?  That would be another disaster in the making if that were the case. 

I suppose it would be up to those giving the tests.  If you think liberals are going to be around in a world that forcibly sterilizes everyone and then makes them pass a series of tests on order to be allowed to progenate, then we have different ideas of what liberals are.

12 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, it is sure a lot cheaper to go on the internet or watch it all on TV rather than be going to those overpopulated countries alright. 

And those bits in your smart phone were all pretty much invented in the West. The rest of the world followed or copied from the West. The rest of the world would still be in the dark if it were not for the Western people. Just saying. 

Yeah, but they are dug out of the ground elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, but they are dug out of the ground elsewhere. 

I am pretty sure that many of our resources that we use are dug out in many countries in the Western world. The West does not need the rest of the world for all of it's needs. 

Just now, taxme said:

I am pretty sure that many of our resources that we use are dug out in many countries in the Western world. The West does not need the rest of the world for all of it's needs. 

Not all of them, no. 

The use of force would cause a backlash that would be counterproductive. It's better to offer clear education, and support for all those who want contraceptives and surgical sterilization. We must get the media talking about overpopulation, so the general public wakes up. The bankers would be against depopulation, because the financial industry is dependent on expansion.

Edited by Robert Greene

Overpopulation seems linked to economics, in that those places with the highest birth rate and population density are generally the poorest regions in the world. They are also generally not considered "progressive". Conversely, the birth rate in western countries is such that the population is growing more slowly, or even declining. It seems reasonable to conclude that westernization of those poor regions including improved standard of living, education, becoming more liberal/ progressive would be a remedy, if it were at all possible. This is a very narrow view of course, not considering any other factors.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:51 AM, Robert Greene said:

The use of force would cause a backlash that would be counterproductive. It's better to offer clear education, and support for all those who want contraceptives and surgical sterilization.

I am all for providing support for contraception, although there are still many in our society that fight that. The real question is what does 'clear education' mean?

On 2017-12-15 at 1:48 PM, Bonam said:

Right. Almost no one talks about deforestation, habitat destruction, over-fishing, species extinction, water pollution, and the like anymore. And yet all of these issues are ongoing, and in many cases are more pressing in terms of the timeline to address them than climate change. In some cases, we even make these problems worse as part of (usually flawed) efforts to reduce CO2 emissions. For example, vast areas of forest have been destroyed to make room for fields to grow corn for use in bio-fuels (which don't actually reduce CO2 emissions, they just pretend to). 

Here is the Borneo rainforest, home to thousands of unique species found nowhere else, many of which are going extinct every year:

453539256.jpg

When's the last time you heard about that in mainstream news?

It’s a fairly mainstream topic as is overfishing. 

CBC opinion piece uses Christians (Chip and Joanna Gaines) in the U.S. to rant about population control:

...Procreation is becoming a global public health concern, rather than a personal decision. So when people do irresponsible things like having five children, we absolutely need to be calling them out.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/chip-joanna-gains-pregnancy-1.4481165#commentwrapper

Methinks the "feminist" author wouldn't dare to target her population control ire at Canadian immigrants or First Nations.

33 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

CBC opinion piece uses Christians (Chip and Joanna Gaines) in the U.S. to rant about population control:

Methinks the "feminist" author wouldn't dare to target her population control ire at Canadian immigrants or First Nations.

It would appear as though it is overpopulation that is causing the global warming problems in the world, not my vehicle. 

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The outlook is not entirely bleak. India has a fertility rate around 2.4 and Bangladesh is 2.2 now. Africa is the big outlier:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependencies_by_total_fertility_rate

One major factor is female empowerment. 

Have they finally realized that they cannot keep breeding anymore. Their poverty and pollution lies in the fact that they have had too many children rather than less. It is indeed the third world that needs to depopulate, not the West. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 6:34 PM, taxme said:

It would appear as though it is overpopulation that is causing the global warming problems in the world, not my vehicle.

Of course, you as a entitled white male in a rich country deserve a larger share of the worlds resources and to leave behind more wasteful byproducts than some third world person because? Could you tell me because why?

2 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Of course, you as a entitled white male in a rich country deserve a larger share of the worlds resources and to leave behind more wasteful byproducts than some third world person because? Could you tell me because why?

Because he has the economic and political power to do so, same as anybody else in the "first world".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 2:14 PM, ?Impact said:

White people may have been what liberals like to call "entitled white male" once before but not anymore. White males are fast becoming non-entitled people and It would appear as though non-whites are the entitled ones these days. 

If Canada is such a rich country than why is Canada in debt for hundreds of billions than? Canada should be debt free if it were a rich country. Yes/no?  

It would appear as though it is countries like China and India and Africa who are all using up a way more amounts of resources and leaving behind plenty of wasteful byproducts including what comes out of their behinds. Why is the white man always the bad guy all the time. It was the white guy that pretty much got most of the third world out of their past chit holes. White people just cannot seem to get a break anymore. We are never appreciated or recognized for anything that white people have given to the world. The only thing that we get to be recognized for is some of the bad things that they have done in the past. This needs to stop. It is time for white people to stop allowing themselves to be treated like they are second class people and be treated as so. White people have plenty to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of. "Whites need not apply"  does appear to be the pie of the day. Just saying. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Maybe white males should stop invading and exploiting third world countries? It's interesting they weren't the "shitholes" they are today before we showed up... 

How often do you see white males invading other countries? How many white people do you see in Central Africa and Asia? I think whites have very little to do with the birth rate of these countries.

19 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

How often do you see white males invading other countries? How many white people do you see in Central Africa and Asia? I think whites have very little to do with the birth rate of these countries.

Ever hear of the British Empire? They owned half the planet (people included) from countrys they invaded. Or are the English not white?

What's birth rate got to do with it? 

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 7:28 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Cite, unasked for:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadians-produce-more-garbage-than-anyone-else-1.1394020

So the WORST nation on earth gives itself a 'C' grade !  'C' for Canada, I presume.  Or 'C' for complacent, corrupt, culpable on climate change.

This is our shame.

Rubbish.  Canada is a cold country with a sparse population and huge spaces between population centers. comm sense (lacking for the guilt ridden Left) should explain that.  

Changing population growth is probably beyond our  ability.   For obvious reasons, it is hardwired into our DNA. 

The secular West certainly seems to be aiming at its own extinction which of course just means that the billions of religious cults such as Orthodox Jews, Christians, Fundamentalist Muslims and Hindus will continue to breed.

In the long term (?) nature aka biology will take care of the problem - and it won't be pretty.