Why Israel does not want a sovereign Palestinian state

Hudson Jones

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Facts are facts my 'friend',  East Jerusalem is not part of Israel.

Nobody cares what your pet Palestinians think. They can try threatening the rest of the planet some more. Perhaps more folks will cave to their threats as you have.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:53 AM, Rue said:

In the Palestinian myth, any Muslim, any one, who self identifies as Palestinian is.

This is true.  I went to college with a girl who - neither her nor her parents were born in Palestine, nor ever lived there - but she told everyone she was Palestinian and attended every Pro-Palestine rally there was.

7 hours ago, Goddess said:

This is true.  I went to college with a girl who - neither her nor her parents were born in Palestine, nor ever lived there - but she told everyone she was Palestinian and attended every Pro-Palestine rally there was.

Even if you weren't just making up things in order to push the so-called Palestinian Myth, how is this different than Jews and Israel? Any Jew can get Israeli citizenship by saying they are Jewish. It doesn't matter if they have 0 ties with that region.

30 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Even if you weren't just making up things in order to push the so-called Palestinian Myth, how is this different than Jews and Israel? Any Jew can get Israeli citizenship by saying they are Jewish. It doesn't matter if they have 0 ties with that region.

Palestinians as a people were invented at the August 29th, 1967 conference of the Arab League in Khartoum. The Khartoum Resolution detailed the infamous Three Nos.

No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel.

This after losing the Six Day War Nasser started.

The so-called Palestinian Cause is older...started just after WW1 by Haj Amin al-Husseini after his half-brother suddenly died making him the next choice for Grand Mufti...despite protests from both the Jews, some British and moderate Arabs. The mob ruled and he came to power. One of his first acts was to conduct the Nebi Musa Pogrom against the Jews in 1920.

You're free to deny this. But that's what actually happened.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

I was just agreeing with Rue about what he said, since it jived with my own experience.  I had always wondered why this girl called herself Palestinian when she or her parents had never lived ther or were born there.  Rue explained it, so it made sense to me.  The girl at school couldn't explain why she called herself Palestinian.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

I was just agreeing with Rue about what he said, since it jived with my own experience.  I had always wondered why this girl called herself Palestinian when she or her parents had never lived ther or were born there.  Rue explained it, so it made sense to me.  The girl at school couldn't explain why she called herself Palestinian.

Yasser Arafat was an Egyptian. Born in Cairo...lived there, went to school there, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Can you explain how a Russian Jew, who has never lived in what is now Israel, should be able to live there, while someone whose family has lived in that region for centuries, and who still has land under their name cannot enter Israel?

Did you know there were over 700,000 Palestinians who were driven out of what is now Israel by the Israeli military and terrorist groups such as Irgun? Their properties confiscated and over 500 of their villages were burnt down.These 700,000 Palestinians became refugees and ended up having children in other countries. But these countries do not give them citizenship because they are still waiting to return to their homeland. 

2 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Can you explain how a Russian Jew, who has never lived in what is now Israel, should be able to live there, while someone whose family has lived in that region for centuries, and who still has land under their name cannot enter Israel?

Did you know there were over 700,000 Palestinians who were driven out of what is now Israel by the Israeli military and terrorist groups such as Irgun? Their properties confiscated and over 500 of their villages were burnt down.These 700,000 Palestinians became refugees and ended up having children in other countries. But these countries do not give them citizenship because they are still waiting to return to their homeland. 

Sucks to start a war then lose. Things go poorly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

Did you know there were over 600,000 Jews who were driven out of other Arab countries by their militaries, angry mobs, and government persecution? Their properties confiscated and many of their synagogues were burnt down. These 600,000 Jews became refugees and ended up having children in other countries. But these countries welcomed them with open arms and granted them citizenship, rather than creating an embittered disenfranchised population.

Why could the one tiny country of Israel do for 600,000 refugees what 20 Arab countries could not do for their own people? There's one reason, and one reason only, Palestinians are kept stateless in camps as a cynical, cruel, ploy by Arab leaders to delegitimize Israel. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 9:49 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Nobody cares what your pet Palestinians think. They can try threatening the rest of the planet some more. Perhaps more folks will cave to their threats as you have.

You can think however you want (but you are wrong) East Jerusalem is not part of Israel.

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

You can think however you want (but you are wrong) East Jerusalem is not part of Israel.

That's really up to Israel at this point. They didn't start the war. They just had the misfortune of winning it rather than the desired Arab results of pushing all the Jews into the sea.

Jordan initially captured East Jerusalem in the '48 War. Lost it in the '67 War...and doesn't want it back. At least the the moment. Solve a lot of problems if they did take possession. But, that would mean Hashemites in full control of the Temple Mount rather than partial. Doubt the PLO wants that...seeing their history. The Temple Mount also makes a lot of cash for whoever controls it. Tithes and such. Currently it's under a special administration with the Hashemites technically in control but Israel keeping close eye on what goes on.

Jordan vs the PLO...this is one of the bigger sticking points, I'd imagine. Most folks posting here no doubt can't recall this event personally, but the Palestinian Arabs tried to take over Jordan...who had given them shelter. Thousands killed in the fighting...Jordan won and the PLO fled to Lebanon where they proceeded to terrorize that country as well. Resulting in the Lebanon War of the '80s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_September

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Islamic_Waqf

Folks like yourself should be pushing for such a result though...a hopefully moderate Jordan (comparatively) brokering peace...rather than giving support to like likes of Hamas or the so-called Palestinian Authority. Let's face it...both terrorist organizations. Let's send them to the dustbin where they belong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bonam said:

Did you know there were over 600,000 Jews who were driven out of other Arab countries by their militaries, angry mobs, and government persecution? Their properties confiscated and many of their synagogues were burnt down. These 600,000 Jews became refugees and ended up having children in other countries. But these countries welcomed them with open arms and granted them citizenship, rather than creating an embittered disenfranchised population.

Let's pretend that there is equivalency in how Jews were treated in Arab countries to how Palestinians were treated in Palestine. You realize how it sounds when you lower Israel and Israelis to the same standard as people who were cruel to them? No one should be forced out of their land and replaced. There is no excuse for this.

Of all people, with what their people have experienced, I find it perplexing that some Jews try to justify the cruel treatment of Palestinians. Why should the Palestinians suffer for what Europeans did to the Jews?

3 hours ago, Bonam said:

Why could the one tiny country of Israel do for 600,000 refugees what 20 Arab countries could not do for their own people? There's one reason, and one reason only, Palestinians are kept stateless in camps as a cynical, cruel, ploy by Arab leaders to delegitimize Israel. 

The reason they don't give citizenship is because it will void their return to their homeland. That's the understanding and agreement that the Arabs have had. At the moment, these people are considered residence and they receive similar benefits as the citizens. Some Palestinians have received citizenship in other countries, out of choice.

4 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Let's pretend that there is equivalency in how Jews were treated in Arab countries to how Palestinians were treated in Palestine. You realize how it sounds when you lower Israel and Israelis to the same standard as people who were cruel to them? No one should be forced out of their land and replaced. There is no excuse for this.

Of all people, with what their people have experienced, I find it perplexing that some Jews try to justify the cruel treatment of Palestinians. Why should the Palestinians suffer for what Europeans did to the Jews?

The reason they don't give citizenship is because it will void their return to their homeland. That's the understanding and agreement that the Arabs have had. At the moment, these people are considered residence and they receive similar benefits as the citizens. Some Palestinians have received citizenship in other countries, out of choice.

Hamas and the PLO have no homeland. Terrorist groups.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hudson Jones said:

Saw that Israel jailed more Palestinian children. 

Always fun...

Palestinians MURDER children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itamar_attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_Road_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Kuntar

etc...