Men prefer things women prefer people

Argus

2 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Women expect to be policed by women as well as races expects to be policed by their own. A police force should also be representative of a white community including gender ratio. 

Women and men don't care what the gender is of the police as long as they do their job properly. There are a limited number of situations where it's better to have a female police officer, but they are limited. The fact is women do not apply for policing jobs, or the STEM jobs, in anything like the number of males who apply despite decades of encouragement and the relaxation of qualifications. Asians also do not apply for the police force in any numbers. It's not considered a good or respectable job. 

1 hour ago, WestCoastRunner said:

what if they are equal candidates?  Wouldn't you want your son to see a male elementary school teacher considering that probably 50% of the class is male students? 

An incompetent male teacher? The only proper choice for hiring is merit.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Women and men don't care what the gender is of the police as long as they do their job properly. There are a limited number of situations where it's better to have a female police officer, but they are limited. The fact is women do not apply for policing jobs, or the STEM jobs, in anything like the number of males who apply despite decades of encouragement and the relaxation of qualifications. Asians also do not apply for the police force in any numbers. It's not considered a good or respectable job. 

The problem with having police women on the force is that if 5 male police officers and one woman police officer have to enter into a dangerous situation it puts the men in a position of not only trying to protect themselves from harm but also as men they will be concerned about the female, and try to protect her from harm. It's a natural and normal thing for men to want to protect and come to the defence of a woman from being harmed. It creates a serious situation for the male police officers and their safety.  Indeed there are a limited number of situations where a female police officer can be of some benefit. But a police woman going into the possibility of being involved in some kind of gun shootout, no way should they be there. 

6 hours ago, taxme said:

The problem with having police women on the force is that if 5 male police officers and one woman police officer have to enter into a dangerous situation it puts the men in a position of not only trying to protect themselves from harm but also as men they will be concerned about the female, and try to protect her from harm. It's a natural and normal thing for men to want to protect and come to the defence of a woman from being harmed. It creates a serious situation for the male police officers and their safety.  Indeed there are a limited number of situations where a female police officer can be of some benefit. But a police woman going into the possibility of being involved in some kind of gun shootout, no way should they be there. 

Too bad.  Don't do it.  She can look after herself.

Women can't shoot?  I wish you could meet my colleague.

From today's Globe: Interesting that women are lower in stress tolerance. That would cause greater problems in some of the jobs the progressives keep trying to shove women into, especially policing and the military.

Despite how it’s been portrayed, the memo was fair and factually accurate. Scientific studies have confirmed sex differences in the brain that lead to differences in our interests and behaviour.

As mentioned in the memo, gendered interests are predicted by exposure to prenatal testosterone – higher levels are associated with a preference for mechanically interesting things and occupations in adulthood. Lower levels are associated with a preference for people-oriented activities and occupations. This is why STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields tend to be dominated by men.

... As the memo suggests, seeking to fulfill a 50-per-cent quota of women in STEM is unrealistic. As gender equity continues to improve in developing societies, we should expect to see this gender gap widen.

...This trend continues into the area of personality, as well. Contrary to what detractors would have you believe, women are, on average, higher in neuroticism and agreeableness, and lower in stress tolerance.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/no-the-google-manifesto-isnt-sexist-or-anti-diversity-its-science/article35903359/

Edited by Argus

16 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Too bad.  Don't do it.  She can look after herself.

Women can't shoot?  I wish you could meet my colleague.

I agree. She basically should be on her own, and up front with the other male cops and maybe get shot. In most instances women PO's tend to always want to stay in the background. If she gets shot well too bad for her. If she gets beaten up well too bad for her. Women fought for equality, well now they have it. The day of chivalry is most likely over now. Women are on their own. Good luck to them. 

3 hours ago, Argus said:

From today's Globe: Interesting that women are lower in stress tolerance. That would cause greater problems in some of the jobs the progressives keep trying to shove women into, especially policing and the military.

What a ridiculous assumption. That assumption of course if based on your own personal opinion.  If You Want Less Police Violence, Hire More Female Cops

While the stats suggested that female cops aren’t reluctant to use force, the commission reasoned, they’re not nearly as likely to use excessive force. “With some exceptions, female officers interviewed believed they were more communicative, more skillful at de-escalating potentially violent situations and less confrontational,” the report reads. “A suspect’s defiance and disrespect of an officer often gives rise to use of force by an officer. Many officers, both male and female, believe female officers are less personally challenged by defiant suspects and feel less need to deal with defiance with immediate force or confrontational language.”

Male cops are way more expensive to employ than their female peers because of force, finding that male cops are two to three times more likely to have citizens name them in excessive force complaints than female cops, that male cops cost taxpayers between 2.5 and 5.5 times more than the average female officer in the payouts of excessive-force liability lawsuits, and that a male cop is 8.5 times more likely to have allegations of excessive force sustained against him than a policewoman would.

The gender disparity in the police force, argues Feminist Majority executive director Katherine Spillar, comes from the way policing is marketed. Would-be cops are recruited with promises of car chases and helicopter rescues, which fit traditional masculine values, while most of police work is nonviolent beat-walking and working with communities, with appeal to traditionally feminine values. Additionally, testing still has a physical strength component, while it should focus more on the ability to de-escalate potentially violent situations, which appears to be the direction of progressing policing. 

So there’s a pretty clear logic to reducing excessive force in American policing. If de-escalation is the way of the future — as it’s been shown to be in Las Vegas, Dallas, and New York — then it makes lots of sense to have the humans doing the police work be more biologically and culturally disposed to peace. They’re called women.

Edited by WestCoastRunner
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

What a ridiculous assumption. That assumption of course if based on your own personal opinion.

Well, no, it's based on what the doctor in the cite suggested about women being less tolerant of stress and more prone to being neurotic.

The uhm... cite you attached has no scientific validity and is merely the illogical opinion of a feminist. It suggests women cost less than men because they are less violence. It leaves out the likelihood this is because women tend to gravitate towards areas of policing where there is less violence. The drug squad and gangs and guns squads, for example, tend to be mostly male. I've noticed a lot of the community policing talks and public relations is done by women. There also seem to be women at the desk most of the times when I have to visit the police station.

The undeniable fact, aside from psychology, is that women are physically less capable than men. As something of a police junkie I can't tell you the number of times I've seen videos in everything from COPS to youtube videos of male and female police trying to overpower a large male and being unable to do so because the woman is too physically weak and lightweight to help much.

I am all for non-discriminatory merit based hiring. Any woman able to do the job as well as a man should be hired. If they can't, they should find another job.

4 hours ago, Argus said:

. I've noticed a lot of the community policing talks and public relations is done by women. There also seem to be women at the desk most of the times when I have to visit the police station.

As something of a police junkie I can't tell you the number of times I've seen videos in everything from COPS to youtube videos of male and female police trying to overpower a large male and being unable to do so because the woman is too physically weak and lightweight to help much.

Yes let's rely on the facts stated by Argus. 

On 8/7/2017 at 7:09 AM, Argus said:

Some man (ick!) at Google had the nerve to commit his opinions in writing on the topic of alleged sexual discrimination in hiring and promotion at Google. What was worse, he had the nerve to tell the truth. That is, that women overwhelmingly prefer careers outside STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) professions. That, and not discrimination, accounts for the lower number of women at Google and in management positions there - and in other high tech areas. Naturally, truth doesn't sit well with the diversity crowd and there has been a lot of kickback

Google is located in the squarely in the middle of the ultra "liberal" social justice bubble. When you work at a place like that, you either realize the culture you are working in and curb your speech accordingly, or you get fired. Many distinguished professors at universities have also lost their jobs for daring to discuss similar issues. 

Unfortunately the reality is that US society (and to some extent all Western society) has polarized into a totally insane social justice cult, and a totally insane religious nutjob authoritarian cult, and wherever you live is likely to be solidly inside one bubble or the other. If you happen to be a normal person with moderate positions, you just have to keep your mouth shut and hope it all blows over. Because if you happen to speak out and say something nuanced, you'll be thrown to the wolves. Similar to how people had to keep their head down during the communist or fascist repression... the consequences for now are lower (losing a job or public shaming rather than prison camps or death), but the mindset is the same.

14 hours ago, Bonam said:

Because if you happen to speak out and say something nuanced, you'll be thrown to the wolves. Similar to how people had to keep their head down during the communist or fascist repression... the consequences for now are lower (losing a job or public shaming rather than prison camps or death), but the mindset is the same.

I agree with this.   Especially the 'nuanced' part; trying to see 'both sides' of an issue or consider all factors is no longer permitted, you are forced into taking black/white positions.   

On 8/7/2017 at 7:22 PM, Hal 9000 said:

One could argue that there are many women in traditionally male roles due to pressure to take those jobs.   

Ya, I see it all the time. The more militant feminists have brainwashed women into believing that unless they work fulltime, traditionally male roles, they're inferior. It's kind of ironic. Feminists using traditional male roles as the standard of success.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, BubbleGumYum said:

Ya, I see it all the time. The more militant feminists have brainwashed women into believing that unless they work fulltime, traditionally male roles, they're inferior. It's kind of ironic. Feminists using traditional male roles as the standard of success.

And on top of that.....they've got to be "super mom!"  

Meanwhile.....dad is encroaching on what used to be mom's turf!  Kitchen and kids!  I've seen dads who can cook so well, and got their act together in the kitchen, and in dealing with their children. 

So, even when it comes to the house.....a lot of women can't own that bragging right!

Edited by betsy

On 9/3/2017 at 0:17 PM, betsy said:

And on top of that.....they've got to be "super mom!"  

Meanwhile.....dad is encroaching on what used to be mom's turf!  Kitchen and kids!  I've seen dads who can cook so well, and got their act together in the kitchen, and in dealing with their children. 

So, even when it comes to the house.....a lot of women can't own that bragging right!

What century are you living in, Betsy?