Refugee crisis escalating

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

That's because they were voted into power by the people of the country.

Politicians were voted into power to do things right. They were not voted in to blow taxpayer's tax dollars on all of their pet politically correct multicultural agendas and programs that the voter did not ask for nor wanted. The taxpayer's have been forced for decades to have to put up with most of these liberal/communist useless programs and agendas that have done nothing for Canada except to make the Taxpayer's poorer and the banksters richer. Pretty much all of our politicians dance to the tune of political correctness, and none have the ba-ls to stand up for Canada and do things right. They can't even protect our borders from criminal illegals entering Canada, and it would appear as though they don't even seem to give a chit about it either. I don't recall hearing anything yet from some of our useless politicians saying anything negative about all this criminal illegal nonsense going on.

In my personal opinion, politicians could careless about what happens in Canada. The only thing they appear to be good at is lying, raising taxes, blowing tax dollars, givlng us more useless government, and fighting for more anti-freedom legislation. Canadians always end up voting for people who despise them, and who only show contempt for them, and only want to make their lives more difficult for them with more bull chit. But what do you care, eh? You appear to like everything that is going on that is corrupt in Canada which is destroying this once great nation. You are a sad state of affairs but what else is new. :D

16 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Are you going to answer for Jacee? That's who I was replying to. Context...it involves reading ALL the posts.

You were not replying to jacee. That's illustrative of just how confused you are. 

I googled "eid festival around the world images" and this is what I get. 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=eid+festival+around+the+world&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinhqyCrs3VAhUm_IMKHTiBCkcQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=635

You hid your search. What were your search terms?

"eid festival images from the worst of the nuttiest right racist wing websites in the world"?

Yes, Context is, as you say, important and everyone knows where you are coming from, where you have always been coming from, a position of deep hated, a ----------, a word that can't be used here to describe people like you.

1 hour ago, jacee said:

I defend people's right to choose and to  practice their religion without discrimination.

I defend women's right to wear what they choose without discrimination.

I choose to neither practice a religion, nor wear a burka. 

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

What if their faith calls for brutally slaughtering animals to appease their god?

Yes I was....forum cop.

20 hours ago, drummindiver said:

Nice blog from your comrade on the left. Hardly evidence boyo

You intellectual cowards wouldn't know evidence if it smacked you upside the head. You are nothing but meme generators, garnered from nutty right wing websites/Fox News. 

You lack the courage even to mention it. 

Edited by hot enough

27 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

So: to Ghosthacked.

Should freedom to practice one's religion include sacrificing animals to a god?

That isn't a sacrifice to any god, that is a ritual slaughter to Abraham, the same Abraham as the Abraham of the christian bible. You're just a huge steaming pile of regurgitation from which right wing website?

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

YOu mentioned the issue with the culture not accepting certain lifestyles. Is that the only reason they are fleeing the M.E. ?? Or are there other reasons.   My question makes total sense.

I think you are confused about which topic is being discussed. Go back and re-read what you posted and I posted back.

43 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think you are confused about which topic is being discussed. Go back and re-read what you posted and I posted back.

Argus, of all people, has the gall to say, "You didn't answer the question". 

Then more unmitigated Argus gall, he pulls out the oh so lame, "I think you are confused about which topic is being discussed", which is the go to meme whenever a conservative knows he/she has been bested. 

On 8/10/2017 at 4:55 PM, jacee said:

You believe the US war against Iraq was justified by 9/11 ?

Seriously?!  :blink:

Th US sure took advantage of the 9/11 attack to start the War on Terror.  People were scared and angry. Without the 9/11 attack, it would have been much harder to sell the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq to the American public.

48 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Th US sure took advantage of the 9/11 attack to start the War on Terror.  People were scared and angry. Without the 9/11 attack, it would have been much harder to sell the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq to the American public.

Without 9/11 there wouldn't have BEEN an invasion of Afghanistan. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a delusional conspiracy nut.

Ten days ago, Trudeau " took pains to reassure Canadians that the country has the resources and the capacity to deal with the sudden spike in asylum seekers that have crossed into Quebec in recent weeks. "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/asylum-seekers-trudeau-quebec-1.4236020

Yesterday, federal government spokesman Marc Garneau visited the tent city which will soon house 1200 asylum seekers. He declared there was no crisis at the Quebec border in St. Bernard Lacolle and the situation is under control.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/08/14/toujours-pas-de-crise-a-lacolle-affirme-le-ministre-garneau

Yesterday the Journal de Montréal reports that things are not running as smoothly as government and authorities want us to believe. Border agents are reaching the exhaustion point from the increased workload, 911 calls to the tent city by migrants have stretched the municipality's 911 responders to the limit (to the point other municipalities will have to respond to calls from the migrants) and finally, the camp is seeing a muddy terrain sure to require more resources to clean the contents of the tents. Some of this information was provided anonymously by workers at the camp so not to face reprisals.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/08/14/cest-une-situation-qui-est-non-viable

There are those who say the asylum seekers are only in the tent city for a few days. The fact is when one group moves on to other accommodation there are hundreds more arriving to replace them.

What will it take for federal and provincial governments to tell Canadians the truth about the problems and how they intent to correct them?

Edited by capricorn
wrong link
  • Like 1

Asylum seekers (not "illegal" according to government authorities but "irregular" cause they did not cross the border at the official border crossing) keep pouring over the border at St-Bernard Lacolle. So much so that a large number are being bused to the NavCan centre in Cornwall, Ontario.

The NAV CENTRE is truly a venue with a difference — combining the technical sophistication of a modern learning centre with the comfort and amenities of a resort hotel. Situated on 70 acres of parkland adjacent to the St. Lawrence Seaway and 40 kilometres of recreational trails, we’re located on the outskirts of Cornwall, less than an hour from Ottawa and Montreal, and five minutes from upper New York State.

As the ideal choice for your next meeting, event, training session or retreat, we can accommodate gatherings of all types and sizes. We offer:

70 spacious, state-of-the-art meeting rooms (50,000 square feet)

the latest technologies(wireless connectivity, a full range of modern AV equipment)

topnotch on-site planning and logistics support

a top-quality food and beverage service

exceptional indoor recreational facilities (25-metre indoor lap pool, large fitness centre, gyms, saunas)

outdoor recreational offerings (soccer fields, baseball diamonds, tennis and volleyball courts)

560 comfortable guest accommodations

a renovated 19th-century stone farmhouse perfect for smaller, more intimate functions

http://navcentre.ca/about-us

By Friday afternoon, there were 245 asylum seekers, most of them Haitian, at the complex, with more arriving throughout the day from Montreal on Government of Canada-branded buses. 

All of the asylum seekers arriving on Thursday and Friday are being put up inside the barracks-like residences inside the Nav Centre. The complex currently has space for 300 people, but according to Cornwall chief administrative officer Maureen Adams, there could be an additional 500 to 600 people brought to Cornwall if required.

---

The mostly francophone asylum seekers were spending their first afternoon in Cornwall exploring the labyrinthine interior of the Nav Centre’s campus and sitting at tables outside talking on cellphones, with a few even heading into downtown Cornwall for some shopping. Public Safety Canada confirmed on Friday that the people at the Nav Centre are free to come and go as they wish.

“As the CBSA has conducted all required security screening and determined that these individuals are admissible to Canada, they are not being detained,” said spokesman Jean-Philippe Levert.

Although the military presence at the Nav Centre has been vastly increased, Lt. Mazurek said soldiers are not there for security purposes and that the RCMP been given that task.

Local RCMP spokesman Const. Jean Juneau, however, confirmed there is no RCMP presence currently at the Nav Centre because the people there have already passed their security screening.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/cornwalls-asylum-seeker-capacity-with-tent-city-in-place-about-900

It's laughable. The feds have launched a wide ranging publicity campaign in Canadian consulates in the US and elsewhere discouraging would-be asylum seekers from crossing into Canada at irregular border crossings. I would not doubt asylum seekers housed temporarily in Canada are phoning their relatives and compatriots in the US and Haiti to "come on down" this is paradise on earth, and the shopping is fantastic. :lol:

7 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Asylum seekers (not "illegal" according to government authorities but "irregular" cause they did not cross the border at the official border crossing) keep pouring over the border at St-Bernard Lacolle. So much so that a large number are being bused to the NavCan centre in Cornwall, Ontario.

http://navcentre.ca/about-us

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/cornwalls-asylum-seeker-capacity-with-tent-city-in-place-about-900

It's laughable. The feds have launched a wide ranging publicity campaign in Canadian consulates in the US and elsewhere discouraging would-be asylum seekers from crossing into Canada at irregular border crossings. I would not doubt asylum seekers housed temporarily in Canada are phoning their relatives and compatriots in the US and Haiti to "come on down" this is paradise on earth, and the shopping is fantastic. :lol:

They talk about the NAV centre like it's the answer to all their problems, but the NAV centre, even if you decide to ignore it's normal role of housing public servants who are sent there for training, can house, at best, two days worth of migrants crossing at that single point.

And it can only do that if there's no training. Granted, this is summer, but there's always training. Some of that is fairly important to the people who need it. People training to be air traffic controllers, as well as border guards. It's also often used by public servants in full-time language training. For these people, it is a quiet, peaceful place to for intense studying and learning which is mandatory for their careers. Those who fail often don't get a second chance.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

They talk about the NAV centre like it's the answer to all their problems, but the NAV centre, even if you decide to ignore it's [sic]normal role of

Whine whine whine. Is that all you conservatives/right wingers do is whine? People are dying, having their lives destroyed around the world and here you are whining when you wholly support the PROBLEM.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:23 AM, capricorn said:

Ten days ago, Trudeau " took pains to reassure Canadians that the country has the resources and the capacity to deal with the sudden spike in asylum seekers that have crossed into Quebec in recent weeks. "....................

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/08/14/cest-une-situation-qui-est-non-viable

There are those who say the asylum seekers are only in the tent city for a few days. The fact is when one group moves on to other accommodation there are hundreds more arriving to replace them.

What will it take for federal and provincial governments to tell Canadians the truth about the problems and how they intent to correct them?

Nothing will change Trudeau's mind, it's set on increasing Liberal votes,  globalism, open borders and hug a terrorist theories.  I wonder about the rest of the party and the Cabinet, do they go along meekly with everything he does or tells them to do?     When you have to erect tents you are at at capacity, if it continues there will be problems with the migrants who are allready complaining they don't get enough money and need cell phones.  If they are whining now, wait until the crowding becomes a real issue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scribblet said:

I wonder about the rest of the party and the Cabinet, do they go along meekly with everything he does or tells them to do?     When you have to erect tents you are at at capacity, if it continues there will be problems with the migrants who are allready complaining they don't get enough money and need cell phones.  If they are whining now, wait until the crowding becomes a real issue.

My gut tells me Trudeau is dancing to the tune of his cabinet. He's simply not smart enough to develop and formulate policy let alone articulate it. This Liberal government is of the same mindset and that is, as you point out, to get re-elected.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Argus said:

They talk about the NAV centre like it's the answer to all their problems, but the NAV centre, even if you decide to ignore it's normal role of housing public servants who are sent there for training, can house, at best, two days worth of migrants crossing at that single point.

And it can only do that if there's no training. Granted, this is summer, but there's always training. Some of that is fairly important to the people who need it. People training to be air traffic controllers, as well as border guards. It's also often used by public servants in full-time language training. For these people, it is a quiet, peaceful place to for intense studying and learning which is mandatory for their careers. Those who fail often don't get a second chance.

If the government should have to bump public servants from scheduled training that will do wonders for morale within the public service not to mention the negative impact on ongoing operations.

It has been all over the news since yesterday here in Finland how a rejected asylum-seeker stabbed 10 people, two of them fatally, in the city of Turku in SW Finland.

IMO the news-coverage has been a bit OTT as it almost gives the impression that this was the first time anyone was murdered here in Finland and many people on the left have expressed same views especially as we remember the school-shootings less than 10 years ago.

However, something tells me that the same people on the left who say that the news-coverage of this stabbing-incident is out of all proportion would have a different tone in their voice had it been a case of a Finn stabbing two veiled muslim-women to death. In that case there would be no end to the outcry of racism.

The perpetrator of the attack is a Moroccan asylum-seeker whose application has been rejected. Yes, a person from Morocco. If anyone knows of an ongoing war and persecution in Morocco, please educate me as I'm all in favour of learning new things.