Canadian National Anthem Eff up at the MLS ASG again.

Remember last year for the MLB Allstar game, one of the Canadian Tenors went rogue and changed the lyrics and sang about "All Lives Matter". Which is, of course, a racial lightning rod because it diminishes the relevance of Black Lives Matter. 

Well last night in Miami this happened. 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/2017/07/11/anthem-giggle-by-canadian-singer-gets-justin-smoaks-attention-before-all-star-game.html

Canadian singer-songwriter Jocelyn Alice had a very public flub at a very public baseball game Tuesday evening, catching not only the attention of baseball fans, but also of Toronto Blue Jays infielder Justin Smoak.

And for everyone but Alice, it was nothing to giggle about.

Alice was performing ‘O Canada’ in the opening ceremonies at the MLB All-Star Game at Marlins Park in Miami. The song started out smoothly, with both teams and all attendees at attention, until just after singing the words “God keep our land,” when the singer broke out in a brief, but very audible giggle.

Can't we get "good" recording artists at these Big Sporting Events? 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Remember last year for the MLB Allstar game, one of the Canadian Tenors went rogue and changed the lyrics and sang about "All Lives Matter". Which is, of course, a racial lightning rod because it diminishes the relevance of Black Lives Matter. 

Well last night in Miami this happened. 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/2017/07/11/anthem-giggle-by-canadian-singer-gets-justin-smoaks-attention-before-all-star-game.html

Can't we get "good" recording artists at these Big Sporting Events? 

Well they must be shown to be patriotic to Canada, and not to the far left liberals. They are liberal morons at their best.  

It would have been nice had she taken the time in her tweet to apologize.  Considering her excruciating performance accompanied as it was with grotesque gyrations, I'm not all that surprised that she chose to ignore that little item and focus on herself.  Sad that.

Why bother having it at all?  I never experienced a national anthem at a sporting event until I came to North America.  Except for international events between countries.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Why bother having it at all?  I never experienced a national anthem at a sporting event until I came to North America.  Except for international events between countries.

No idea... its all a bit silly.