Sailors in trouble for being patriotic

19 hours ago, Argus said:

There's something about the far left that is convinced that re-education camps are the proper way to order society - by forcing all who disagree with them to be 're-educated' and made to tow the party line.

Actually I think the best way to educate society would be if the Proud Boys would start a federal political party.  I'd love to see that happen, I think it would be a reel hoot.

Nothing orders society better than comic relief.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Well, there's always "Conduct Unbecoming"...

I think the Military is currently struggling with major issues such as  sexual misconduct and everything that is included in that, so it is super sensitized to any other problem areas that might be deemed as incorrect behavior by Canadians....Conduct unbecoming should have been used, if it was not plastered all over the media....Now the CDS has to puff out his chest, and taking a firm stand....And I under stand why, not so long ago these types of groups such as racists, along with many other factors played a part in destroying the Airborne Regt. This sends a strong message to the rest of DND, but also to the public `we had a problem now we don`t`` time for everyone to relax....

23 hours ago, jacee said:

Racists are not useful in the military.

In fact, I can't think of anywhere that they are useful. Lol

You have no information that they ARE racists, other than your habitual belief EVERYONE who is white is a racist.

It doesn't sound like these guys did anything wrong. They were out celebrating Canada Day. They were at a bar nearby and heard about the protest and came over to see what it was. Would someone care to explain to me what conduct they engaged in which is so horrific the CDS had to crawl on his hands and knees and burst into tears as he apologized to the natives? What a useless political asshat. How are military members expected to show loyalty upward when there is clearly none shown downward?

According to what McInnes later told the CBC, the five were in a bar on July 1, heard rumours of an anti-Canada protest, and decided to go check it out.

Also for the record, the men were well-spoken, polite and respectful; they were met by a young woman, from the protesters, who was equally polite and respectful. The men explained they were curious and wanted to see what was going on; she said they’d be welcome to listen quietly if they didn’t disrupt things.

But a couple of other protesters were not similarly inclined.

One snarled, “This is a fucking genocide.” Someone else said, “This is Mi’kmaq territory, to which one of the Proud Boys replied, “This is Canada.” Members of each side tossed about historically inaccurate facts in the manner of the young and unschooled. Another young woman bristling with hostility kept moving closer to one of the men until she was practically touching him. “You don’t seem to like me standing so close,” she said. “You’re very close,” he replied calmly.

But then the Proud Boys left, having been chastised for their pronunciation of Mi’kmaq and for their disrespectful tone, or, as a protester put it, got “the —- out of here.”

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christie-blatchford-proud-boys-behaviour-might-be-goofy-but-hardly-deplorable/wcm/c234f37d-4d0a-49e6-9036-a03132fc77a1

Edited by Argus

17 minutes ago, Argus said:

You have no information that they ARE racists, other than your habitual belief EVERYONE who is white is a racist.

While it's highly likely, or maybe certain that they are racists one can accept that the question needs to be resolved.  Meanwhile, you feel comfortable double-teaming this subtlety with an outright falsehood.  

Reading your posts on this is like listening to Batman make out with Robin.  Why would anyone want to do that ?

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

While it's highly likely, or maybe certain that they are racists one can accept that the question needs to be resolved.  Meanwhile, you feel comfortable double-teaming this subtlety with an outright falsehood.  

Reading your posts on this is like listening to Batman make out with Robin.  Why would anyone want to do that ?

I can't help noticing that while you've posted about twenty times on this subject you seem curiously uninterested in the subject compared to taking shots at the participants. I thought you were bored? Shouldn't you be somewhere else instead of trying to troll people? 

16 hours ago, jacee said:

Your disrespect for WWII veterans is appalling.

They fought to stop Hitler's discrimination (to put it mildly) against Jews and others. 

Oh! I get it! You're one of those neonazi Hitler fans! 

Not surprising, but ... Eeeewwww. 

Oh ... and ... You think I'm a liberal?

Lol ! 

Our veterans died for freedom and for Canada and to protect Canada from any form of invasion. But today those vets are being pretty much ignored for what they fought for and died for and are today being kicked in the azz by our dear leader JT who sees nothing wrong with telling people all over the world that they can enter Canada illegally. We are being invaded by thousands of criminal illegals, and JT has no problem with it. We are suppose to have laws here in Canada but yet your dear leader JT decides that it is alright to break some of our laws with no penalties applied. What else is he prepared to do to break more Canadian laws?

You should not be all so worried about what Hitler or Stalin did in the past, but you should be more concerned about your dear leader is doing to Canada. JT is an accomplice in the breaking of a Canadian law, and this is what our veterans soldiers fought and died for? Get your head out of the sand, will you.  

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Actually I think the best way to educate society would be if the Proud Boys would start a federal political party.  I'd love to see that happen, I think it would be a reel hoot.

Nothing orders society better than comic relief.   

Canada is long overdue for a "Proud Boys" political party, and I would love to see that happen. It is now needed more than ever to take on and challenge the snowflake SJW's liberal politically correct madness that is destroying what once was a great nation to fight and die for. Canada has been changed for the worse, not the better. We see what political correctness and multiculturalism is doing to this country. It is nice to know that we have some "proud boys" who love and are prepared to stand up for Canada in the navy. Those Indians doing what they were doing on Canada Day was disgusting. In Canada we now celebrate  "Aboriginal Day" , and we never see any white people out there protesting against it. Those fools can't seem to get it that the more they act like fools the more dislike they will receive. I guess when one really looks at it, it is quite amusing to watch Indians make fools of themselves over and over again and it always gives me a reason for a good laugh. 

Don't forget to be loud and proud of all our support for dictators and alliances thereof.

I guess when one really looks at it, it is quite amusing to watch Indians make fools of themselves over and over again and it always gives me a reason for a good laugh.

I can grok that - I get the very same feeling when I'm watching conservatives.

20 hours ago, The_Squid said:

No, he's only pointing out the hypocritical statements you made....    "picked on" because he quoted your own words?   Talk about "snowflake". 

Like what hypocritical statements? Show me? It is more like he enjoys trying to put words in my mouth. But if I am being hypocritical here I sure would like to know so I can remedy that toute suite. 

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Don't forget to be loud and proud of all our support for dictators and alliances thereof.

I can grok that - I get the very same feeling when I'm watching conservatives.

Are you referring to dictators like our present day PM of Canada? There is no way that you listen to real and true conservatives because if you did you would not be laughing at them. The use of common sense and logic which is of course quite prevalent among real and true conservatives. Liberals of course are always good for a good laughing session. 

19 hours ago, Omni said:

Yes I do. Try once in a while to provide one.

I do all the time. The reason why you cannot see the intelligence that I bring forward here for people like you is because you are a confused emotional snowflake liberal. Liberals are well known for not having the ability to make much sense when they start to drivel away. But hey, I think you know that but you still wish to keep fighting useless battles with me. Common sense and logic will always win over liberal emotional and foolishness talk. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a common term - 'snowflake' but what does it mean ?  I have at least 7 or 8 posts I can find where you put on the weeps about being labelled racist.  Is that snowflake ?

Standby, he's looking it up.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a common term - 'snowflake' but what does it mean ?  I have at least 7 or 8 posts I can find where you put on the weeps about being labelled racist.  Is that snowflake ?

It's a word that is used by the alternative news website outfits and is used to describe liberals  Where or how it came about or what it really means is something I cannot answer.  

What else can I gather when I am pretty much called a racist or I am made out to appear as though I must be a racist. No one here has yet proven that I am a racist. Darn. They just like to guess, and try to make themselves appear to be oh so politically correct. I don't believe that I have at any time ever had the "weeps" and had the need to pull out a hanky when some liberal snowflake here calls me a racist. I wear that word with pride now. It shows me that being called a racist is telling me that I am winning the argument. But hey. 

Edited by taxme

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is a common term - 'snowflake' but what does it mean ?

Perhaps when someone feels such disdain and irritation that a topic is started which could be seen as defending people critical of natives that he posts twenty or more times hectoring the participants without ever actually referencing the subject matter?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

What else can I gather when I am pretty much called a racist or I am made out to appear as though I must be a racist. No one here has yet proven that I am a racist. 

Exactly what's wrong with being called a racist anyway? Why shouldn't anyone who shares your views be Proud to be called one?

It's just another word for the state of feeling concerned isn't it?

Just now, Omni said:

Why would I? You're the one who keeps flogging it around, and now you admit you don't know what it means. tsk, tsk

So, I just happen to like flogging the word because my conservative brothers in arms like to use it to describe a bunch of cry baby snowflake losers. Works for me. :P

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, I just happen to like flogging the word because my conservative brothers in arms like to use it to describe a bunch of cry baby snowflake losers. Works for me. :P

You are on firm ground here, as the term "snowflake" has a very old and more recent political reincarnation in the United States.   Such terms are readily imported by Canada to facilitate political discourse, and have been for many years because they see it in U.S. media.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, taxme said:

And the rest of us use words we know the meaning of and that actually have meaning. I used to live in Ontario so I know what a snowflake is.