Hetero Pride

Rue

Ok so qw had ay pride parade, Now I want to present leading heterosexual icons.

Frank Sinatra

Robert Mitchum

Gary Cooper

Babe Ruth

Steve McQueen

Bruce Lee

Muhammed Ali

Jackie Robinson

Rocky Marciano

Mickey Mantle

Joe Namath

Jessie Owen

Jim Brown

Humphrey Bogart

Jeremy Staham

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Andre the Giant, aka the Giant Jean Ferre

Maurice Richard

Johny Bower

Tim Horton

Jean Beliveau

(John Wayne walked like a woman so he is not on the list)

Honourable mention:

Carl Yaztremski

Thurman Munson

James Brown

Shaq O'Neil

Al Capone

Edited by Rue

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

So "hetero pride" means celebrating hyper-masculinized men?  And only men?

The point of Pride is for people who have been told their whole lives that their sexuality is wrong & shameful to actually encourage the opposite.7

Rue this is a terrible thread;

Well, their whole lives? Maybe if they live in a Muslim country. I don't think that sort of message has been given out here much the last generation or so.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Well, their whole lives? Maybe if they live in a Muslim country. I don't think that sort of message has been given out here much the last generation or so.

It's still hard to come out of the closet, especially to a lot of parents and family etc. especially if they're religious.  The media and institutions like workplaces or government are very open to it because legally they have to be but there's no law on people in your personal life being close-minded asshats.

18 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

I had to laugh at hearing a teenage girl talk about the struggles of the herself and the gay community in BC.

This whole attempt by gay activists to portray themselves as victims is nonsense. Maybe that was the case a long time ago but it certainly isn't now nor has it been for many years. Where is the statistical evidence of discrimination in jobs, housing, hiring, education, income, crime, or anything else?

On 6/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, Boges said:

I don't think the point of a pride parade is to celebrate people that share that sexual preference. 

So, maybe there should be a parade created for straight pride people. It probably won't have fairy men in it prancing around or have nearly naked men or men dressing up like a bunch of girlie men or men kissing each other or butch lesbians wearing army boots and lumberjack shirts. Probably the straight pride parade won't get much of an audience because for us straight people we won't be dressing up and end up wanting to look look like a bunch of silly ass looking clown fools. The only reason that I see here as to why these gay pride parades get an audience is because of what those gay people are wearing that makes them appear to look more like funny clowns than real decent looking folk. My opinion.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Straight people have never needed a Pride parade.  They've always been accepted.

So? Why should straight people not want to celebrate that with a parade or something similar to it? After all, we all would not be here if it were not for straight people, right?

Don't believe me? Try putting a bunch of lesbian women on one island, and put a bunch of gay men on another island, and then put a bunch of straight males and straight females together on another island. Go there after a hundred years and see which island has people still living on it? I know what island that I would want to go too. 

17 hours ago, taxme said:

So? Why should straight people not want to celebrate that with a parade or something similar to it? After all, we all would not be here if it were not for straight people, right?

Straight people have always been allowed to marry.  It's never been illegal to be straight.  Think about that for a minute.

Don't believe me? Try putting a bunch of lesbian women on one island, and put a bunch of gay men on another island, and then put a bunch of straight males and straight females together on another island. Go there after a hundred years and see which island has people still living on it? I know what island that I would want to go too.

Do you only have sex for purposes of procreation?  Or do you do it sometimes just for pleasure?  Which island would you send infertile couples to?

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Straight people have always been allowed to marry.  It's never been illegal to be straight.  Think about that for a minute.

Do you only have sex for purposes of procreation?  Or do you do it sometimes just for pleasure?  Which island would you send infertile couples to?

(1)There is no need for gays to get married. It's ridiculous. If they want to live together that is fine, but why get married? This is just another assault on our Christian moral and decent values among so many other attacks that once made Canada great. Now we can all see that Canada is fast  becoming the new Sodom and Gomorrah where I predict that down the road incest, beastiality, and pedophilia will become the law of the land in Canada, and they will be protected by that useless piece of toilet paper called the Charter of Rights, and of course be protected by that unelected bunch of Christian haters in the Human Rights Communist Commissions. 

(2)Some people have sex for the purpose of procreation. Others enjoy sex just for the fun and pleasure of it. So, what's your point? I would send infertile male and female couples to the island of sexual pleasure. And who knows, maybe by some miracle, some female may just get pregnant. Hey, you never know. 

22 hours ago, Goddess said:

Straight people have never needed a Pride parade.  They've always been accepted.

Straight people really have no need for a pride parade because being straight has always been accepted as being normal. Having sex with the same gender is not normal. The world would come to an end if we all turned queer. Yes/no? 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

There is no need for gays to get married. It's ridiculous. 

I disagree.  There are taxation issues that come into play, there are medical decisions that can only be made by marriage partners, there are psychological reasons for wanting to get married (same as for heteros - some want that legal commitment), there are legal issues that can arise when a couple is not married.

35 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I disagree.  There are taxation issues that come into play, there are medical decisions that can only be made by marriage partners, there are psychological reasons for wanting to get married (same as for heteros - some want that legal commitment), there are legal issues that can arise when a couple is not married.

So, then my straight buddy and I decide that we just want to live together for money reasons. So, should we maybe think about getting married so we can get all that you mentioned above just in case things go wrong between us? It is Sodom and Gomorrah ridiculous. 

Edited by taxme

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, then my straight buddy and I decide that we just want to live together for money reasons. So, should we maybe think about getting married so we can get all that you mentioned above just in case things go wrong between us? It is Sodom and Gomorrah ridiculous. 

I think you're confused between what constitutes a "rommate" and what constitutes a "lover".

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I think you're confused between what constitutes a "rommate" and what constitutes a "lover".

Men enjoying having sex with another man does confuse me. The thought of one man kissing another man too me is quite revolting. A roommate can love his/her roommate in a non-sexual way. One does not have to be gay to show love towards another person of the same gender. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

One does not have to be gay to show love towards another person of the same gender. 

I still think you're confusing romantic love and love for another human being.  

It's okay that you are confused about romantic love between gay persons. Maybe you could educate yourself on the science behind it and that would help.

I've been to a few gay weddings and have quite a few gay couples as freinds.  There really is no difference in their relationships.  They have the same struggles and joys.

On a side note, one wedding I went to, they had a sign posted at the ceremony for which side to sit on:

Right or Left,

Choose your side.

Whichever it is,

You're here for the Bride!

I thought it was cute. :)

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I still think you're confusing romantic love and love for another human being.  

It's okay that you are confused about romantic love between gay persons. Maybe you could educate yourself on the science behind it and that would help.

I've been to a few gay weddings and have quite a few gay couples as freinds.  There really is no difference in their relationships.  They have the same struggles and joys.

On a side note, one wedding I went to, they had a sign posted at the ceremony for which side to sit on:

I thought it was cute. :)

I am not confused over anything. I have my opinion, and you have yours.

Doesn't the word bride sound a bit silly when you are associating that word to a man getting married to another man? A man cannot be a bride only a woman can be a bride. Those gays are demeaning that word. Let them come up with their own word. If I read that word somewhere I would immediately think that they were talking about a woman bride, not a man bride. 

i would never attend a gay wedding if invited. I would feel way out of place for being there. Plus what would my friends think. 

Good for you that the sign too you was cute. I see nothing cute about it. But that is just me. 

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

I am not confused over anything. I have my opinion, and you have yours.

Doesn't the word bride sound a bit silly when you are associating that word to a man getting married to another man? A man cannot be a bride only a woman can be a bride. Those gays are demeaning that word. Let them come up with their own word. If I read that word somewhere I would immediately think that they were talking about a woman bride, not a man bride. 

i would never attend a gay wedding if invited. I would feel way out of place for being there. Plus what would my friends think. 

Good for you that the sign too you was cute. I see nothing cute about it. But that is just me. 

Sorry, I had thought you said you were confused by it all.

When it's 2 women getting married, they are both Brides.  2 men, they are both Grooms.  The wedding I was talking about was 2 women, so both are Brides.

I was born and raised in a religion that believed homosexuality was a choice and that the sex act was perverted and sinful.  Having been lied to by the religion about other things, I checked that out too.  I found out that being gay isn't a choice people make, like belonging to a certain religion.  Your religion is a choice.  Your sexual orientation is not.

Anyways, I understand the situation differently than you do.  As long as you aren't harrassing/beating up gay people or discriminating against them, you are entitled to your feelings, as I am to mine.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts though.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Sorry, I had thought you said you were confused by it all.

When it's 2 women getting married, they are both Brides.  2 men, they are both Grooms.  The wedding I was talking about was 2 women, so both are Brides.

I was born and raised in a religion that believed homosexuality was a choice and that the sex act was perverted and sinful.  Having been lied to by the religion about other things, I checked that out too.  I found out that being gay isn't a choice people make, like belonging to a certain religion.  Your religion is a choice.  Your sexual orientation is not.

Anyways, I understand the situation differently than you do.  As long as you aren't harrassing/beating up gay people or discriminating against them, you are entitled to your feelings, as I am to mine.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts though.

Maybe I should have used the word revolting instead.