Arab Nations cuts ties with Qatar

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Us and our allies created the bastion of freedom that lets even the most vile scum criticize it. Try that in your native Islamabad.

A country can be the bastion of freedom and not be a barbarian who goes around dropping bombs around the world. They're not mutually exclusive. 

The U.S. can be a great nation, once it's able to shake off the war mongers that drive its foreign policy.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Their feudal wars have lasted centuries, and are become part of their culture.

You're describing the US Civil War, right, OftenWrong. The US has been in a state of war for over 90% of its years in existence. No president has ever been a peace time president. 

Central and South America has been their Killing Fields since 1823, one of the places where the US has stolen vast amounts of wealth from the poor and the destitute.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Moderate dictatorships are fine, given they cannot understand how to live in peace even among themselves.

No, they're not fine at all, and given how much we value freedom and democracy we're even more damned for using dictators as a weapon against people.

Oh well, you certainly won't hear me crying when they finally get around to retaliating with a nuke of some sort...I'll likely be saying bullseye.

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

No, they're not fine at all, and given how much we value freedom and democracy we're even more damned for using dictators as a weapon against people.

Oh well, you certainly won't hear me crying when they finally get around to retaliating with a nuke of some sort...I'll likely be saying bullseye.

You don't understand human nature. You can't have democracy when people are unwilling to cooperate. These savages have had nothing but feuds for centuries, they aren't going to live peacefully unless they are forced to do so. Look at countries like Iraq. Only a dictator can keep the peace there, with an iron fist.

I guess you have no problem seeing nuclear weapons used against us. Your solution to world problems- kill em all.

18 hours ago, marcus said:

A country can be the bastion of freedom and not be a barbarian who goes around dropping bombs around the world. They're not mutually exclusive. 

The U.S. can be a great nation, once it's able to shake off the war mongers that drive its foreign policy.

Peace has to be fought for because the world is full of those who want to take it away. Democracy is created through war, as old power structures will not acquiesce without a fight. I know it's not nice but it's just the way it is.

8 hours ago, hot enough said:

You're describing the US Civil War, right, OftenWrong. The US has been in a state of war for over 90% of its years in existence. No president has ever been a peace time president. 

Central and South America has been their Killing Fields since 1823, one of the places where the US has stolen vast amounts of wealth from the poor and the destitute.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

16 hours ago, kactus said:

What has ayatollahs got to do with 9/11? Jeez...you are really mixed up....

They are the tyrannical leaders of the Shiites, and they condemn men to death just for having thoughts, ideas, or writing books. Muslim religious leaders condemn people to death all the time for what we in the west consider to be nothing at all. Like the person in Pakistan who has been sentenced to death for a facebook post.
I could include other types of Muslims, what difference does it make? You know exactly what I mean, Habib.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You don't understand human nature. You can't have democracy when people are unwilling to cooperate. These savages have had nothing but feuds for centuries, they aren't going to live peacefully unless they are forced to do so. Look at countries like Iraq. Only a dictator can keep the peace there, with an iron fist.

I guess you have no problem seeing nuclear weapons used against us. Your solution to world problems- kill em all.

No, just the savages who think dictators are fine.

I love the qualifier you used by the way, 'moderate' dictators. That's like saying someone who rapes a 10 year old is better than one who rapes a five year old.

You people should be ashamed but you always come off sounding like you're proud of what we do to advance our interests.

It's grotesque.

34 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, just the savages who think dictators are fine.

I love the qualifier you used by the way, 'moderate' dictators. That's like saying someone who rapes a 10 year old is better than one who rapes a five year old.

You people should be ashamed but you always come off sounding like you're proud of what we do to advance our interests.

It's grotesque.

You called for nuclear weapons to be used on us, and stated if it happens you would approve of it. That's actually grotesque.
You need to calm down and clear your head.

Edited by OftenWrong

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Peace has to be fought for because the world is full of those who want to take it away. Democracy is created through war, as old power structures will not acquiesce without a fight. I know it's not nice but it's just the way it is.

Good to see the peace that has been brought to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc. You are absolutely correct again. 

5 hours ago, marcus said:

Good to see the peace that has been brought to Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc. You are absolutely correct again. 

Rather than discuss their position, leftists consistently attempt to twist the meaning of someone's words to mean something they never intended to be. That's not debate.

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Rather than discuss their position, leftists consistently attempt to twist the meaning of someone's words to mean something they never intended to be. That's not debate.

I am displaying your failed logic by showing the most recent attempts at bringing democracy through war (or fighting for it).

Everywhere you look, U.S.' wars has not only not brought any peace or democracy, but it has put the countries in an even worse situation. U.S.' policies, which you continuously try to defend, has multiplied the chaos and it has even managed to create more terrorism.

The position has been discussed. You're just unable to comprehend what the so-called leftists are saying, including Rand Paul. Excellent trigger reaction, by the way, comrade.

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You called for nuclear weapons to be used on us, and stated if it happens you would approve of it. That's actually grotesque.
You need to calm down and clear your head.

You think dictatorships are fine, I regard them as being the worst crime against humanity. Given the long-lasting ongoing damage our's have created I'd argue a nuke is the lesser of two evils.  Besides which it'll probably only be a moderate nuke so everything will be fine.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 3:07 AM, GostHacked said:

Correct, but they still made Jessica Lynch to be the hero she never was.

Just curious but how do you know what she went through.....i did not know you sat on the war commision to decide who is a hero and who is not......does it bother you that some have called her a hero.....i mean do you loose sleep over it, do you spend nights writing your government officials about it..........I'm sure she does not sleep through the night, i'm sure she will to live with those memories for the rest of her life, she had the balls to sign up and volunteer to answer her nations call, she completed her tour of duty as ask of her   , more than a lot o people around here did........she's a hero in my books.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Just curious but how do you know what she went through.....i did not know you sat on the war commision to decide who is a hero and who is not......does it bother you that some have called her a hero

It's well documented that the pentagon lied and made up stories about what happened to Jessica Lynch. 

On April 24, 2007, Lynch gave congressional testimony before the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform that the Pentagon had erroneously portrayed her as a "Rambo from the hills of West Virginia" when, in fact, she never fired a shot after her truck was ambushed.[34]

In a prepared statement, she said: "I am still confused as to why they chose to lie and tried to make me a legend.."

Source

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I could include other types of Muslims, what difference does it make? You know exactly what I mean, Habib.

This is exactly the kind of garbage that is spewed here...

You still failed to answer the question...what does shiite government in Iran got to do with 9/11?

You claimed it atleast back it up!

On 16/06/2017 at 1:07 AM, OftenWrong said:

There was no Islamic terror before Iraq. Sept 11 was our fault, for not genuflecting in submission appropriately before the Ayatollahs.

Here's what you said if you need a reminder. Enlighten us by telling us how the 9/11 events link into Ayatollahs in Tehran.....

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

You think dictatorships are fine, I regard them as being the worst crime against humanity. Given the long-lasting ongoing damage our's have created I'd argue a nuke is the lesser of two evils.  Besides which it'll probably only be a moderate nuke so everything will be fine.

Democracy will only work when people are willing to cooperate. No cooperation? Our real enemies (NK) are busy preparing to deliver their nuclear weapons upon us. Meanwhile we are paralyzed by vicious political infighting over unimportant things, and are putting ourselves at risk. Our enemies are happy about this. The only way to get things done in such an environment is - Dictatorship.

Edited by OftenWrong
stickykeys

43 minutes ago, kactus said:

Here's what you said if you need a reminder. Enlighten us by telling us how the 9/11 events link into Ayatollahs in Tehran.....

Read what I said above, no need to repeat. Yes I paint you people all with the same brush, like it or not.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kactus said:

You still failed to answer the question...what does shiite government in Iran got to do with 9/11?

In case you need a reminder, Aziz.

23 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They are the tyrannical leaders of the Shiites, and they condemn men to death just for having thoughts, ideas, or writing books. Muslim religious leaders condemn people to death all the time for what we in the west consider to be nothing at all. Like the person in Pakistan who has been sentenced to death for a facebook post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kactus said:

1979 marks the end of the Secular Era...where Marxism was replaced by Islam. Young Turks are not just a YouTube channel...

11 hours ago, marcus said:

Everywhere you look, U.S.' wars has not only not brought any peace or democracy, but it has put the countries in an even worse situation. U.S.' policies, which you continuously try to defend, has multiplied the chaos and it has even managed to create more terrorism.

Wars are necessary in some cases. On the other hand there is a lot of generous charitable work going on where western countries help to improve health, living conditions and security in the third world. In most cases, the USA pays the largest share to provide such aid. Easy to overlook when all you want to do is find fault.