So-called refugees crossing Manitoba/American border.

taxme

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

In fact, I started a thread about it when Trudeau made his stupid little tweet. I saw instantly what Trudeau was too ignorant to understand, that he was throwing out a welcome mat for anyone who wanted to come to Canada for whatever reason they wanted to come here. "Diversity is our strength! Welcome to Canada!"

Andrew Coyne is one of those open border advocates who wants to grow our population to one hundred million people. Yet even he acknowledges what is going to happen once the snow melts.

A crisis is coming: If this many cross the U.S. border in February, how many will come by June?

Yes, I mock, but I have no doubt whatever that this is exactly how progressives think.

I've no doubt they would have come even without that tweet.  Not like Canada isn't known for our welcoming attitude.   

The solution of the Left, of course, is as simple minded as their leader. Embrace whoever comes. Let them all in. Get rid of the safe third country rule. If a million refugees cross the border, rejoice in our inclusiveness and diversity and just raise taxes higher to pay for them all. Who cares what that means as far as safety, crime, terrorism, massive poverty, whatever. By letting everyone in we can show the world how tolerant we are! And nothing is more important than that!

The solution of the Right, of course, is a simple-minded ideology of xenophobia.  Hate whoever comes who isn't just like us.  Don't let anyone in who has a different culture, language or belief.   Who cares if those people are suffering, or even if they share our values and hopes and dreams.   Who cares what that means as far as population growth and our economy!   By remaining afraid of the bogeyman (aka non-white immigrant) we won't have to deal with anything that's a little bit different and scary!   And nothing is more important than that.

I mock, but it is completely true.

• Downvote 2

The skin colour of the illegal line jumpers is not the issue. Neither is their culture. They do what they do because they are poor. They jump the lines ahead of refugees and immigrants because they know they won't qualify under the rules of those two streams of acceptance and eligibility.

They break the laws and jump the lines because our government rewards them for doing so.

I have said all I will say in the other thread but this issue is not going away and it has nothing o do with the culture or skin colour of the illegals it has to do with understanding if you allow and reward ANYONE to break the very laws you expect others to follow, you create chaos and anarchy which is what we have on our borders.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Argus said:

In fact, I started a thread about it when Trudeau made his stupid little tweet. I saw instantly what Trudeau was too ignorant to understand, that he was throwing out a welcome mat for anyone who wanted to come to Canada for whatever reason they wanted to come here. "Diversity is our strength! Welcome to Canada!"

When we stop dropping bombs on the M.E. and abroad in the name of 'terrorism' we will start to see a reduction in the amount of refugees that we create via our foreign policies.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Mexico doesn't want them either...so send all the illegals to Canada's welcoming hugs and kisses.   It's a win-win for everybody, right ?

10,000 Haitian illegals in Tijuana camps want to improve their hockey skills !

https://apnews.com/e5b367d3be2d404d9d22316047a6d735/Mexicans-weigh-the-daunting-prospect-of-deportee-camps

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

The solution of the Right, of course, is a simple-minded ideology of xenophobia.  Hate whoever comes who isn't just like us.  Don't let anyone in who has a different culture, language or belief.   Who cares if those people are suffering, or even if they share our values and hopes and dreams.   Who cares what that means as far as population growth and our economy!   By remaining afraid of the bogeyman (aka non-white immigrant) we won't have to deal with anything that's a little bit different and scary!   And nothing is more important than that.

Xenophobia is the continued whinge of the far left, few of whom have ever or will ever pay taxes. The refugees already in Canada cost us billions every year since few have any language or job skills. Where they do find work, it's usually manual labour, very low skilled and low paying, which means it's up to the dwindling number of taxpayers to support their non-working wives and kids. It's up to taxpayers like me to pay for their kids education, to pay for their family's health care, to help put food in their mouths and a roof over their heads. Meanwhile the welfare lifers from the Left suck on the taxpayer teat while voting in progressives like Trudeau who promise not to care about big budget deficits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

The skin colour of the illegal line jumpers is not the issue.

But it is the ONLY issue that matters to progressives. I see progressives as the most racist people in this country. The term 'the soft bigotry of low expectations' was coined for them, and it is so apt. They see non-whites as almost a different species, something barely human and incapable of looking after themselves. They need the noble white man to speak for them and act on their behalf, to explain away their crimes or excuse their corruption. Progressives have appointed themselves to this role, taken on a paternalistic  'white man's burden' if you will, like environmental activists protecting wildlife. They see it as their task to protect and advocate for non-whites in the same way. And to explain that if they happen to do something wrong, it's not their fault. It's their fault. The job of the noble progressive is to find something about white society to blame for anything a non-white or group of non-whites do which might otherwise be judged badly

So yes, it's all about colour, because if the people crossing the border were White the progressives would be demanding we stop them from coming in.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

When we stop dropping bombs on the M.E. and abroad in the name of 'terrorism' we will start to see a reduction in the amount of refugees that we create via our foreign policies.

Most of the illegals in the US are from Latin America. Maybe you need to come up with some other nonsensical reason to blame us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Xenophobia is the continued whinge of the far left, few of whom have ever or will ever pay taxes. The refugees already in Canada cost us billions every year since few have any language or job skills. Where they do find work, it's usually manual labour, very low skilled and low paying, which means it's up to the dwindling number of taxpayers to support their non-working wives and kids. It's up to taxpayers like me to pay for their kids education, to pay for their family's health care, to help put food in their mouths and a roof over their heads. Meanwhile the welfare lifers from the Left suck on the taxpayer teat while voting in progressives like Trudeau who promise not to care about big budget deficits.

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - left

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - progressives

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - welfare

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa

Lots of taxpayers out here, many of us contributing far more taxes than you ever will. Lots of lazy welfare lifers sucking the taxpayer teat that are xenophobic alt righters.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - left

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - progressives

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa - welfare

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa

Thanks for that defining illustration of your debating skills and maturity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Some how I predicted this was going to happen eventually here. I believe I stated that a few times. But again, no one believed me.

It was clear we'd be heading down this road almost 15 years ago.  This was never rocket science but that said we still can't admit how much migration is probably due to climate change as much as anything - and we still haven't seen anything yet.  

Anyway I agree with Argus that Canada should embrace its role of being a Shining Beacon.  Its still may not be too late to make a difference even if that time must be fast approaching.  Better to have tried and failed than to have done nothing at all.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Argus said:

Andrew Coyne is one of those open border advocates who wants to grow our population to one hundred million people. Yet even he acknowledges what is going to happen once the snow melts.

A crisis is coming: If this many cross the U.S. border in February, how many will come by June?

The solution of the Left, of course, is as simple minded as their leader. Embrace whoever comes. Let them all in. Get rid of the safe third country rule. If a million refugees cross the border, rejoice in our inclusiveness and diversity and just raise taxes higher to pay for them all. Who cares what that means as far as safety, crime, terrorism, massive poverty, whatever. By letting everyone in we can show the world how tolerant we are! And nothing is more important than that!

Yes, I mock, but I have no doubt whatever that this is exactly how progressives think.

The news at noon said people in the central america countries are now planning  to go the Canada and avoid the US. So what are they going to do come up by boat? They should never be able to get into Mexico or the US or Canada is the border security are doing their jobs. They should  use drones that can detect body heat, for night, if they don't have them now.

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Mexico doesn't want them either...so send all the illegals to Canada's welcoming hugs and kisses.   It's a win-win for everybody, right ?

10,000 Haitian illegals in Tijuana camps want to improve their hockey skills !

https://apnews.com/e5b367d3be2d404d9d22316047a6d735/Mexicans-weigh-the-daunting-prospect-of-deportee-camps

Or build a wall and have America pay for it. 

This will be an approaching problem. That may get worse as the weather warms. 

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/a-crisis-is-coming-if-this-many-cross-the-u-s-border-in-february-how-many-will-come-by-june

Canada does have the benefit of being surrounded by 3 oceans and a largely stable country. With the South border now being run by someone who seems hostile to refugees. We may see similar problems as those seen in Europe where people are streaming across the border in numbers that we can't handle. 

That said, it doesn't look terribly good on the US that people are fleeing its border, not that they care. I do suspect their immigration policies will effect tourism as people aren't going to schedule expensive vacations if there's any chance they can be turned around at the border for ridiculous reasons. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

That will help them to catch people who get through the border, but there is little evidence that there are people getting through the border without being caught.

Many, if not all, want to be caught because they know when they're detained they have rights to a hearing. And with a backed up caseload that could take months if not years. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Many, if not all, want to be caught because they know when they're detained they have rights to a hearing. And with a backed up caseload that could take months if not years. 

Agreed, which makes the need of drones or other technology to capture refugees even less of an issue. I think we should be exploring these technologies to catch smugglers (weapons, drugs, etc.), and sure if someone wants to help justify that because of the refugees then go ahead. Just don`t think it will address any issue with refugees.

23 minutes ago, Boges said:

...That said, it doesn't look terribly good on the US that people are fleeing its border, not that they care.

Correct..."Please Love Us" is a Canadian value....not American.

The U.S. already has more foreign born citizens and legal residents than the entire population of Canada.

We can't even get the illegal Canadian overstays to go home.

I do not doubt some will turn this into a race issue and say this is about hating people who are black, Somali, African not anything else.

I do not doubt for some maybe if these illegals were white and/or spoke English it might not cause as much concern.

However I think most of us see this as cue jumping which hurts the most vulnerable Canadians, first those in Canada in need of the help being diverted to these illegals, secondly it hurts the real in need refugees and honest immigrant applicants who have the right not to say,why follow the law, how will that help me in a country that rewards illegals at my direct conflicted expense?

I bring up the use of a Somali refugee as Immigration Minister because it was blatant racism that placed him in the position and it will be blatant racism that seems him blamed and hung out to try for this chaos not Trudeau. From what I understand he is a good man and they should have never placed him in such a position. Its unfair to him and it most certainly continues the legacy of turning minorities into crass tokenist symbols for Trudeau to hide behind. It was cowardly of him to avoid the chaos at the borders issue by throwing Yazidis out as a smoke screen through his Immigration Minister in a press conference yesterday. What a cowardly, unethical, disgusting manipulation of Yazidis.. Whether he uses Syrian refugees in photo ops, Yazidis  in this manner  Trudeau is showing he uses vulnerable refuges as props to make himself look good and avoid the chaos issue..

I don't want anyone hurt. I hate this issue. I come from refugees and most Canadians are immigrants but we could not jump the line as it is now and be rewarded for it undermining the whole system. Its about doing the right thing and its going to be unpopular and hard turning people away but it will have to be done and if Trudeau wants to run from it and the job he has a responsibility to do, the chaos he will create will get him thrown out of office and let's him it doesn't bring a back-lash that hurts innocent people.

Most minorities like me do not think allowing people to push ahead of others is the way to do it. Its an insult to us who followed the law. My mother faced deportation because she was a refugee even though she was badly needed in her medical specialty after WW2. I wish no refugee harm. I wish no legitimate immigrant ill will. I just can't stand to see the line jumpers and dishonest politicians who won't put an end to it for fear it may lose them some votes. We need to uphold our laws at the borders. Canada is a laughing stock telling people its o.k. to waltz in illegally which is what Trudeau and Mayors of sanctuary cities are saying, 

Yah you bet Trudeau never saw this coming and Trump did. Who is laughing now at who and meanwhile its poor people and genuine immigrants and refugees who will all suffer.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Correct..."Please Love Us" is a Canadian value....not American.

The U.S. already has more foreign born citizens and legal residents than the entire population of Canada.

We can't even get the illegal Canadian overstays to go home.

Now wait just one second. You leave Celine Dion in Vegas thank you very much.

Those others are called NHL hockey players. Leave them alone.

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

I've no doubt they would have come even without that tweet.  Not like Canada isn't known for our welcoming attitude.   

Spoken like a true liberal. Maybe you are quite contented in turning Canada into a third world hell hole but I am not ready for that to ever happen. Why would a race of Caucasian people want to make themselves a minority in their own country, and commit racial suicide, because this is what you are suggesting here that we do. For decades our immigration policy consisted of bringing in 80% of our immigrants from the non-white world. If that is not trying very hard to commit racial suicide by our politically correct politicians well what is? Diversity and multiculturalism are programs and agendas for racial genocide. Those two offer no country unity, but will surely cause disunity in time.