US vs Iran

In spite of Trumps bafoonery especially during the last two weeks, its eventually going to die down. His posing will burn out and the mundane day to day functions will kick in and bore him to death.

I for one am hoping the people he has hired will prevent him from doing stupid things and by default their foreign policy can't be any worse.

We have no more apologizing for the Muslim brotherhood, Iran, Saudi Arabia in the days to come if they support terrorists.

That is for sure.

What also is for real is a coming economic war with China, Mexico possibly South Korea and Japan. We shall see.

• Downvote 1

First educate yourself. The Missile tests are DEFENSIVE (and so are the Russian S-300 air defense missiles they received and Israel and US of A prevented their delivery until lately) not offensive. They will likely be used only AFTER an Israeli offensive. It has been something that all these years has prevented Israeli war mongers who have no consideration for civilian lives (as long as it is not a Jewish life) from attacking Iran or its nuclear facilities as they did with Iraq, Syria and the raids they have done in the past against civilian targets in Lebanon and elsewhere in ME. 

While Israel was allowed to develop nuclear weapons over past many years in secret Iran is not allowed to even develop a defensive missile system something that the west and US of A are planning to do against potential North Korean nuclear weapons? Is this Hypocrisy or bigotry towards Iran?

If there is a love for Iran is because some educated people and those aware of history know Iran is an underdog compare to US and Israel and that Iranian people are the victims of US aggression (starting with US sponsored military coup in Iran in 1953 overthrowing  democratically elected government and continued decades after) and they have met Iranians in their lives (one million Iranians in US alone) and they know unlike what has been pictured by Israeli and US intelligence/media they are not hateful, bearded fanatics with hate towards western culture but rather peace loving westernized  highly educated friendly individuals who are victims themselves by both sides and being victimized again and again and again and again..............

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

So put you down for supporting Iran? Those surprised? 

Crickets

Hey at least the US is giving Iran a heads up this time.  More than they got back in '53 when they first destabilized the region by practicing democracy.  Launching missiles seems pretty tame in comparison really.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, drummindiver said:

@Charles Anthony r u deleting posts directly tied to OP because they don't fit your narrative again?

The nuclear deal between Iran and the West is working just fine...

The shot by the national security advisor to dismiss the nuclear deal was s not surprising since they don't like it...The reality is that nuclear deal is being complied with by both sides to a very large extent. The time that Iran will take to build nuclear weapon has gone and time to get nuclear material has tipped from just few months when the deal started to now more than a year, whish is what some people cannot understand including you....

Edited by kactus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Hey at least the US is giving Iran a heads up this time.  More than they got back in '53 when they first destabilized the region by practicing democracy.  Launching missiles seems pretty tame in comparison really.

In 1953 they stood up for their rights by democratically electing a nationalist government who nationalized the oil industry (which was being robbed and stolen by British thieves for many years). Then the British retaliated against a nation who stood up for their rights which was an underdog against British Empire by tricking the Americans into believing that the Communists are about to take over!!!!. So CIA funded and staged a military coup and as a consequence democracy died in Iran forever and Iranian nation have been paying a heavy price ever since. Now they stand up for their rights again against US Empire and it is 2017 and Israel is trying to trick Americans into action. What is going to happen this time is everyone's guess but Iran is much stronger today than in 1953. I don't believe US has the will or military power to confront Iran today and certainly not Israel

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 2

I think the US did a lot more damage to itself and the world by trashing it's principles while pursuing it's values.

We in the meantime sat around like a bunch of useless enablers who let their friends drive drunk while saying and doing squat about it.  Now we get rich ourselves outfitting murderous dictatorships like Saudi Arabia with even more capacity for murdering and dictating.

We all got it coming.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I think the US did a lot more damage to itself and the world by trashing it's principles while pursuing it's values.

I don't think any of their actions have anything to do with principles or values.

Unless, by values you mean to gain control over the second largest oil reserve in the world. 

Every action in the Middle East has been about the control of oil and to destabilize the region in order to weaken any opposition. Destabilization brings about in-fighting. This is a simple case of divide and conquer. Notice how despite the unstable hell hole Iraq has become, the major oil reserves are totally fine and under the control of U.S. Destabilization also means $$$ for the military industrial complex. The U.S. cannot go without war for too long. They have too many toys that need to be used and eventually replaced.

• Like 1

This is all about money and business as usual. It's all politics and BS to do with human rights in the middle east. Afterall, there are many countries outside middle east with much worse records but no oil but they won't get the spotlight. This is about which oil rich country in the middle east can bend more to get f%#ed by the US..Saudis are obviously doing a great job in this department....

Trump is a businessman and he knows very well how to play the system. When his time is up he will be taken care of...

As for brits on the other hand they don't give a hoot about this guy Trump...As far as they are concerned they got the deal they wanted from him and now can turn two fingers to the EU, which is already done with the vote in the parliament...This is all about busines.

Even the Queen despises Trump. He is a total embarrassment and the brits know it too well.....But then again what do you expect from an apprentice muppet showbiz:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/legally-i-can-kill-him-queen-confirms-20170131121313

Edited by kactus
  • Like 1

Iran has the potential to change. It could recover from the current bout of religious hysteria (although what is happening to democracy in the West right now would have to lengthen the odds) and free the mullahs to contemplate matters spiritual on a full time basis. In the meantime, a chap next door in Iraq, Ayatollah Sistani, offers a less oppressive model of spiritual guidance. 

There are more Iranians in the US, and far more Iranian students are likely to be affected by the new measures than those from Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen put together. Last year, there were 12,269 Iranian students studying in the US, according to data by the Institute of International Education, compared to 5,085 from the six other countries. Iranians are struggling to understand why they are being targeted in this way....

...Iranians expatriates in the US have indeed been immensely successful. In fact, Iran’s brain drain problem is due to the many talented students who emigrate to the US. Omid Kordestani, the executive chairman of Twitter, the very platform Trump uses to broadcast his views on a daily basis, is Iranian. The founder of eBay, Pierre Omidyar, is Iranian. Maryam Mirzakhani, who won the Fields Medal, the highest accolade in mathematics, in 2014, is another example.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/03/trumps-belligerence-towards-iran-plays-into-the-hands-of-tehrans-hardliners

There are more Iranians in the US, and far more Iranian students are likely to be affected by the new measures than those from Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen put together. Last year, there were 12,269 Iranian students studying in the US, according to data by the Institute of International Education, compared to 5,085 from the six other countries. Iranians are struggling to understand why they are being targeted in this way....

...Iranians expatriates in the US have indeed been immensely successful. In fact, Iran’s brain drain problem is due to the many talented students who emigrate to the US. Omid Kordestani, the executive chairman of Twitter, the very platform Trump uses to broadcast his views on a daily basis, is Iranian. The founder of eBay, Pierre Omidyar, is Iranian. Maryam Mirzakhani, who won the Fields Medal, the highest accolade in mathematics, in 2014, is another example.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/03/trumps-belligerence-towards-iran-plays-into-the-hands-of-tehrans-hardliners
Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 0:08 PM, drummindiver said:

@Charles Anthony r u deleting posts directly tied to OP because they don't fit your narrative again?

Lol I thought you were talking to me. Listen Trump these days is nuts. I think he really is. I mean he's fighting with Australia's PMa nd let's everyone know?

His judgement is non existent. He seems to have no basic fundamental understanding of the power of his office and how crucial it is he remain discrete inw hat he is saying and doing. I have lost all or any confidence in him in just 2 weeks.

That said, I think the Obama legacy with Iran is a travesty. I believe Iran and Saudi Arabia are tried as the two top financiers and enablers of Muslim extremist terrorists and for that reason alone should be suspect.

I do not see Iran progressing as long as its Muslim theocratic council runs it. Its run by stoneage prehistoric cavemen. Period.

I think appeasing Iran as Obama did was as repulsive as watching Neville Chamberlain do the same with Hitler. You do not get into bed with terrorists under any circumstance. Obama's trying to re-write Hezbollah and Hamas as John Kerry called them legitimate peace partners was as ill conceived as Obama's attempt to sell the Muslim Brotherhood as a peaceful progressive Muslim ally of the US. It was always and remains terrorist in constitution and make-up and raison d'etre.

I was hoping we would have a new more realistic foreign policy where the US would again become a world leader and offer a counter to the Chiense and Russians as well as world wide terrorism.

What I see from Trump is this bizarre isolationist stance where literally everyone is his enemy to be insulted.

He seems intent on trying to put a wall up around the US against the entire world not just "Muslim terrorists".

He's already managed in less than two weeks in office to insult not once but repeatedly the Mexican President,  and now  the Ditchess of Cambridge making idiotic comments about her in a bathing suit, Prince Charles as being an idiot over global warming and he openly showed himself insulting the Prime Minister of Australia and these are his allies for phack's sake.

How does this man lead the US? I was hoping for a logical, cold, sober common sense leader. That aint Trump.

I am pro US. I make no bones about it. I am a huge supporter of Romney-McCain foreign policy. Never hid that. I just don't think we have that n Trump and its too bad because after 8 years of the blithering dishonest out and out lying Obama on foreign policy, now we have this mad man.

Iran, North Korea are run by unstable dogmatic lunatics. There has to be a sophisticated way to deal with them.

Trump has already threatened to invade Mexico. He doesn't think when he talks. He just blurts out. His son-in-law who was supposed to be controlling his mouth was said to have been discarded by him. He's even turned on his daughter. I happen to think his daughter is a decent person and intelligent and I would have hoped could have controlled this man.

Now you have no problems telling me Iran is a dangerous regime. But I just don't see Trump as the man with the right temperament to deal with them. He seems to be feeding them excuses to be even more extremist.

Any legitimate positions and concerns he has are being smothered by his poor communications and abusive and abrasive behaviour. That is what is pissing me off. Some of his positions are badly needed but they are getting drowned out by a left wing press bent on taking him down everytime he acts in a stupid manner.

Edited by Rue