Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

Who is on the wrong side of what? I've said this ban is stupid. This thread is not about the wisdom of banning people from seven Muslim countries. It's about the wisdom of our leader taunting Trump and inviting the world's migrants to come to Canada.

Is Argus suggesting that Trudeau deal with this moron by sucking up to him?

That's makes me want to puke. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

The immigration system is an expensive mess but no one is allowed to talk about its many problems. What is disproven? Go ahead. Disprove something I've said. You've never been able to do so before.

I said there is not broad agreement that some people should be kept out of Canada - that's your invention.

4 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I said there is not broad agreement that some people should be kept out of Canada - that's your invention.

Really? You are forgetting that Toronto Star poll wherein about 70% of Canadians polled, including the majority of Liberal and NDP supporters, agreed with Kelly Leitch about imposing values testing to keep certain types of people out of Canada, aren't you? You are also forgetting the widespread support for the Tories appealing against a court decision that allowed women wearing niquabs to be sworn in.

Edited by Argus

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Really? You are forgetting that Toronto Star poll wherein about 70% of Canadians polled, including the majority of Liberal and NDP supporters, agreed with Kelly Leitch about imposing values testing to keep certain types of people out of Canada, aren't you?

I remember where you couldn't define Canadian values (or at least had trouble with those you didn't agree with).  Its the same for the rest of those people.  

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

You are also forgetting the widespread support for the Tories appealing against a court decision that allowed women wearing niquabs to be sworn in.

Yes, too many Canadians are ignorant of our Constitutional rights and freedoms.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Merely expressing my agreement with another poster in that I can't recall you ever showing the slightest care or concern for Canada or Canadians but only for foreigners, mostly foreigners from the Middle East, where your family is.

That's only because you haven't seen me standing up for Canadians being attacked by people who share your viewpoint, on buses, on the street, in school, and in front of my house.  People who assume that because someone dresses differently, isn't white and/or speaks a different language that they aren't Canadian and don't belong here.   Not to mention, I haven't seen anyone on this site refer to Canadians as almost universally ignorant, backward, barbaric, unable to learn - all the things you have claimed about Muslims.   That you fail to recognize the difference between standing against intolerance and bigotry and "protecting criminals" says a lot about you.

Edited by dialamah

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

What's your constitutional right when it pertains to the USA?  They have as much right to their sovereignty as much as we do to ours.    :lol:

They want close borders, and make their own citizens a priority.  They have the right to protect their nation and their citizens, the way they see fit.   Our government wants a free-for-all, open borders, as its own way to protect our nation and protect its citizens.  So be it.

We don't have the right to meddle in their own affairs.  They're not imposing their way with us.....so let's not us pompous ass impose our pompous ways with them!  Never mind the drive-by cheap shots of trying to be "holier-than-thou."   Zip they errant and flappable lips.....and that include thy fingers.

When push comes to shove - Trudeau's boxing career won't do any good with Godzilla! :lol:

Edited by betsy

19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

That's only because you haven't seen me standing up for Canadians being attacked by people who share your viewpoint, on buses, on the street, in school, and in front of my house.  People who assume that because someone dresses differently, isn't white and/or speaks a different language that they aren't Canadian and don't belong here.   Not to mention, I haven't seen anyone on this site refer to Canadians as almost universally ignorant, backward, barbaric, unable to learn - all the things you have claimed about Muslims.   That you fail to recognize the difference between standing against intolerance and bigotry and "protecting criminals" says a lot about you.

By that statement, I take it you view two different Canadians.   You're viewing new Canadians as different from the Canadians who've been here for generations.

So here we go with the new class system, folks.  New Canadians, and "Old" Canadians.

You've got a very divisive outlook.

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

By that statement, I take it you view two different Canadians.   You're viewing new Canadians as different from the Canadians who've been here for generations.

That makes absolutely no sense.   I didn't use either phrase "new Canadians" or "old Canadians".   I said that when people who share Argus' viewpoint attack other people - in my presence, whether online or in front of my house, because they are dressed differently, aren't white or aren't speaking English - I stand up for them.   I've been doing this since high school.   Where you get 'new Canadians' and 'old Canadians' from that is a complete mystery.   

Edited by dialamah

18 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Maybe follow the conversation.

Okay.  So you're responding to this.

You are also forgetting the widespread support for the Tories appealing against a court decision that allowed women wearing niquabs to be sworn in.

Where in the Constitution does it say that FOREIGN people wanting to become citizens of this country should  have an entitlement to be given a special privilege apart from all others, and have their faces covered when they're being sworn to become citizens of this country?

On the other hand,  I do know that EQUALITY is very much in our Constitution.  There is no equality when we give a special privilege or entitlement to a particular group, just because!  Swearing-in is a very significant ceremony!

Boy, the irony of it.  Wanting to become citizens of this country, swearing -  and yet they're already bucking at our system at the get go!  Some don't even want anything to do with the Queen!  Those should be red flags that we're taking in people who are not compatible with our way of life!

What gives them the right to dictate their own terms?  The sheer arrogance - and you guys are just lapping  it all up.

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

That makes absolutely no sense.   I didn't use either phrase "new Canadians" or "old Canadians".   I said that when people who share Argus' viewpoint attack other people - in my presence, whether online or in front of my house, because they are dressed differently, aren't white or aren't speaking English - I stand up for them.   I've been doing this since high school.   Where you get 'new Canadians' and 'old Canadians' from that is a complete mystery.   

Of course it makes sense. You're supposed to be responding to his statement:

Merely expressing my agreement with another poster in that I can't recall you ever showing the slightest care or concern for Canada or Canadians but only for foreigners, mostly foreigners from the Middle East, where your family is.

I'm assuming he meant Canadians (from foreign countries) like the Middle east.  Your response agree with his assessment.  You're fighting for someone who isn't white (like English and French) who'd been here for generations!

Have you ever fought for the right of white Canadians to their own identity?  Do you understand where some white folks are coming from?

You're promoting divisiveness.  That kind of sentiment - us against them - is, to borrow from the progressives favorite term this days is, counter-productive.

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

Where in the Constitution does it say that FOREIGN people wanting to become citizens of this country should be allowed to have an entitlement to be given a special privilege apart from all others, and have their faces covered when they're being sworn to become citizens of this country. 

Maybe read it.  And start a new thread.

11 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Maybe read it.  And start a new thread.

Well, just answer the question.  Where does it say that in the Constitution? Is it in the Constitution?  Yes or no.

I'll answer it for you.  IT'S NOT!

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

I'm assuming he meant Canadians (from foreign countries) like the Middle east.  Your response agree with his assessment.  You're fighting for someone who isn't white (like English and French) who'd been here for generations!

Muslims have been here since 1867.   South Asians have been here since 1903.   Chinese have been here since 1858.   First White Nationalist group in Canada was the Klu Klux Klan, in the 1920s.     Going by longevity, it's the White Nationalist who are the 'least' Canadian, which means I am definitely fighting for the right Canadians.

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

Have you ever fought for the right of white Canadians to their own identity?

Despite the whining of White Nationalists about being victims, I see no evidence of the loss of Canadian identity.   After all, it's not me ... a White, Anglo-Saxon Canadian, who will be attacked on the street for being white, for being Anglo-Saxon, for speaking English (and not knowing French), for celebrating Christmas, New Years, Easter or Halloween, or for what I'm wearing.   I'm free to go to any Christian Church I please, and will not find hate-inspired graffitti on it.  My traditions are given priority in the media and in our secular systems - there's certainly no stat holiday for Chinese New Year, Islamic New Year, Yom Kippur, Cinco de Mayo, Diwali or any other non-Christian religious holiday.   If I practice a Christian religion, I can walk around with long dress and a head-covering, no problem.  If I practice a non-Christian religion, walking around with a long dress and a head-covering makes me a target.   If I'm in front of a cop or a judge, being white and speaking English without an accent will work in my favor, not against me.   

The people who object to even acknowledging other beliefs or who think we're 'under attack' and about to lose something are the real snowflakes, who lack any sense of perspective and who are frightened by shadows, who demand a 'safe space' to protect their overly-sensitive feelings.

24 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Muslims have been here since 1867.   South Asians have been here since 1903.   Chinese have been here since 1858.   First White Nationalist group in Canada was the Klu Klux Klan, in the 1920s.     Going by longevity, it's the White Nationalist who are the 'least' Canadian, which means I am definitely fighting for the right Canadians.

Despite the whining of White Nationalists about being victims, I see no evidence of the loss of Canadian identity.   After all, it's not me ... a White, Anglo-Saxon Canadian, who will be attacked on the street for being white, for being Anglo-Saxon, for speaking English (and not knowing French), for celebrating Christmas, New Years, Easter or Halloween, or for what I'm wearing.   I'm free to go to any Christian Church I please, and will not find hate-inspired graffitti on it.  My traditions are given priority in the media and in our secular systems - there's certainly no stat holiday for Chinese New Year, Islamic New Year, Yom Kippur, Cinco de Mayo, Diwali or any other non-Christian religious holiday.   If I practice a Christian religion, I can walk around with long dress and a head-covering, no problem.  If I practice a non-Christian religion, walking around with a long dress and a head-covering makes me a target.   If I'm in front of a cop or a judge, being white and speaking English without an accent will work in my favor, not against me.   

The people who object to even acknowledging other beliefs or who think we're 'under attack' and about to lose something are the real snowflakes, who lack any sense of perspective and who are frightened by shadows, who demand a 'safe space' to protect their overly-sensitive feelings.

See? That's your first sentence - Muslims! :lol:

I'm asking, have you ever defended a white Canadian from non-white?  That's my point.  I suppose not.....

Despite the whining of White Nationalists about being victims, I see no evidence of the loss of Canadian identity.  

Imposing niquab to swearing-in is tampering with that "identity"....after all, the swearing ceremony is significant due to its declaration of fealty.

The Oath of Citizenship, or Citizenship Oath (in French: serment de citoyenneté), is a statement recited and signed by those who apply to become citizens of Canada. Administered at a ceremony presided over by a designated official, the oath is a promise or declaration of fealty to the Canadian monarch and a promise to abide by Canada's laws and uphold the duties of a Canadian citizen; upon signing the oath, citizenship is granted to the applicant.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_Citizenship_(Canada)

So....why do I sense that with you, it's white against them?

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

I remember where you couldn't define Canadian values (or at least had trouble with those you didn't agree with).  Its the same for the rest of those people.  

They could define what they didn't want to be bringing into Canada, though.

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

They're also ignorant of what is going on with immigration but you still take their support as proof all is right.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

We'll see what those allies think of his 'signalling' if Trump gets pissy on us and says "Given all the foreigners pouring into Canada from Asia and the middle east which they don't even check out at all, I think it's important we strengthen security on our northern border!"