Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

Just now, Army Guy said:

according to the media legal challenge was launched and it was turned down....the order still stands....

The order still stands.  The deportations are not allowed, and people must be given legal counsel.  That is still not happening in some places.

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

The order still stands.  The deportations are not allowed, and people must be given legal counsel.  That is still not happening in some places.

are those people still coming into the country.....is that happening....if so why is all the fuss all about.....oh wait....

Just now, Army Guy said:

are those people still coming into the country.....is that happening....if so why is all the fuss all about.....oh wait....

I don't really understand your question.  People from the affected countries can no longer enter the country unless they have a green card (that changed today) are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada (that changed last night) or are a citizen of the UK (that changed today).  There may now be other exemptions.  You'd think someone would have thought of these things ahead of time.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Do you mean like Trudeau's comical refugee program (vetting, housing shortage, funding, language support, etc.).   Thoughts like that ?

Those difficulties didn't happen over the first day.

29 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh great...they happened over many days and weeks and months.  

Why didn't Team Trudeau think these things through the way you are expecting Team Trump to have done ?

It certainly could have been executed better - in both cases.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

It certainly could have been executed better - in both cases.

Ya think ?   I recall that Trudeau went so far as to expel Canadian Forces from training barracks, only to spend millions on habitability upgrades for the refugees and not use them after all.   

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

according to the media legal challenge was launched and it was turned down....the order still stands....

The more coverage I'm seeing of this the more I think it will stand. He is not targeting Muslims but specific countries which are either wracked by civil war and barely more than failed states, or ones which are brutal theocracies which are the enemy of the US. Banning their citizens while you consider new security measures is a move the courts will find well within the government's purvey. 

In fact, how do we know who these people are when they show up in Canada from places like Syria, Somalia, Yemen and Libya? Their own government doesn't know who they are. There are few records, massive corruption, and vast areas of the country not controlled by the government. These people could be anyone. Not that our government gives a damn about security, of course.

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The progressives are losing their collective mind over this. Because a few citizens from a few failed states are temporarily banned from entering the US western progressives are gnashing their teeth, rending their flesh and running around in circles howling at the moon. Chuck Schumer was crying at his press conference! LOL! Meanwhile people are being tortured, raped and slaughtered all of the world, and progressives... don't care. 

They see protecting Islam and ensuring as many Muslims as possible come over here as their sacred mission, after all. Maybe because they assume Muslims hate Jews as much as they do and are willing to overlook their similar feelings towards gays and women.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Meanwhile people are being tortured, raped and slaughtered all of the world, and progressives... don't care. 

Where do you get that idea, exactly?

Why are you unable to have a conversation without insulting your opponents?

So is the uh 'emergency debate' on for the house of commons? It seems MPs from the Left are desperate to express their anguish and outrage that the Americans won't let Yemenis in for 90 days! LOL! Maybe the entire NDP caucus will set themselves on fire in protest! 

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

So is the uh 'emergency debate' on for the house of commons? It seems MPs from the Left are desperate to express their anguish and outrage that the Americans won't let Yemenis in for 90 days! LOL! Maybe the entire NDP caucus will set themselves on fire in protest! 

I'm more interested in whether the government will heed the advice of the tech industry and issue a special tech visa.

Just now, Smallc said:

Where do you get that idea, exactly?

Why are you unable to have a conversation without insulting your opponents?

I've been on this site a lot of years. I know what upsets progressives by now. If Israel hurts someone you'll find a wack load of progressives screaming about it, but aside from that, if its Muslims killing Muslims, or slaughter in Africa, or Chinese brutality, or North Korea outrages or Iran executing children or Russia bombarding cities you don't read a peep out of them except to defend the people doing the killing. Progressives here defend Iran, defend Russia, defend anyone's violent actions as long as they perceive those people to be either anti-American or anti-Israeli.

I'm not, in other words, insulting progressives, I'm describing them.

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I'm more interested in whether the government will heed the advice of the tech industry and issue a special tech visa.

If they've been paid enough, I suppose they will. 

I have ZERO sympathy for the tech industry in their constant sniveling about needing to go overseas for employees. And that's not new. You can check what I've said in the past. Their only problem with finding employees is trying to pay them rock bottom prices and not wanting to do any training. Screw em. 

Edited by Argus

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

Your characterization is not necessarily universal or even true - you're insulting people and nothing more.

Have you seen the news since Friday? The streets of the US, Canada and the UK are filled with brainless idiots ranting and raving over the US stopping a few people from crossing their borders. There's more wailing and sobbing in Toronto and New York than there is in Tehran and Baghdad! Mockery is all they deserve.

Just now, Argus said:

Have you seen the news since Friday? The streets of the US, Canada and the UK are filled with brainless idiots ranting and raving over the US stopping a few people from crossing their borders.

Like I said, they expect better from the western world and the United States.

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

Like I said, they expect better from the western world and the United States.

It's a temporary ban on Islamic countries whose government's cannot be relied upon to have screened the people travelling, either because they're enemies of the US or because of the chaos in those countries. In the context of the US mania over security I don't find this even surprising. Not everyone wants to be Canada, letting in hundreds of thousands of people in every year to come and live here without even talking to them first.