Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

4 minutes ago, Smallc said:

No, I didn't say that either.

The second part could easily be disproven - Canada's governments have never taken that position, and there's a reason for that.

Your right that was not your quote with your name on it....must have been mistaken.....

6 minutes ago, Smallc said:

At the time he made that tweet, Canadian dual citizens of those countries (35,000 people) and permanent residents were affected by this.  Now they're (apparently) not.  The tweet he made said nothing against Trump or any US policy, and only promoted Canada's position.

I know you never said that either.....you were fear mongering as i accused you of, now things have settled down and clarity is there, so you did say.....and it might still, answer the question of HOW ?

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Your right that was not your quote with your name on it....must have been mistaken.....

So you thought I was talking about the 40s when I said that?  I meant in recent memory, but neglected to qualify it.

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

I know you never said that either.....you were fear mongering as i accused you of, now things have settled down and clarity is there, so you did say.....and it might still, answer the question of HOW 

Clarity had nothing to do with it.  Canada and the UK were able to negotiate special considerations.  The US had to walk back its policy on green card holders.  The situation wasn't well thought through at all.

55 minutes ago, Smallc said:

It's right here in Section 3:

Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern.

Those countries were previously named by the US as countries of concern.  There was no need to name them in the order.

Sure there is

Just because Obama named 7 countries doesnt mean Trump did. He named one. It's hilarious you're trying to claim this but expected fron the left. 

Just now, drummindiver said:

Sure there is

Just because Obama named 7 countries doesnt mean Trump did. He named one. It's hilarious you're trying to claim this but expected fron the left. 

There are 7 countries affected for 90 days.  You can try to change reality, but reality doesn't actually change because you want it to.

4 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Clarity had nothing to do with it.  Canada and the UK were able to negotiate special considerations.  The US had to walk back its policy on green card holders.  The situation wasn't well thought through at all.

WTF think was going to happen , it was new policy, all that was needed was time ....but liberal's were jumping up and down screaming about diplomats with dual passports.....i know that was not you either...

Just now, Army Guy said:

WTF think was going to happen , it was new policy, all that was needed was time 

That's why policies generally go through vetting and and legal examination.  That didn't happen here.  Bad things happened as a result.

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

So you think that people from Somalia can still come to the US?  

Who cares? Honestly?

Did you know that all of the countries involved bar entry to Israeli citizens? Not for 90 days but forever. Well, not Somalia, but it's not actually a country.

Edited by Argus

Just now, Argus said:

Who cares? Honestly?

Did you know that all of the countries involved bar entry to Israeli citizens? Well, not Somalia, but it's not actually a country.

But why should I care what they do, it's none of my business.

Oh wait, that's your position.

Just now, Smallc said:

But why should I care what they do, it's none of my business.

Oh wait, that's your position.

That IS my position. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left. I do that now and then.

Just now, Argus said:

That IS my position. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left. I do that now and then.

Do you think I'm in favour of the government of Bashar Al Assad?  I'm obviously not.

I expect a little better than talk of torture and refugee bans from the leader of the free world.  You don't?

21 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Do you think I'm in favour of the government of Bashar Al Assad?  I'm obviously not.

I expect a little better than talk of torture and refugee bans from the leader of the free world.  You don't?

I don't expect anything but craziness from Trump, but his barring entry to the residents of six failed countries and Iran doesn't overly concern me. I'm more concerned about him booting the joints chief of staff off his security council and replacing them with Steve Bannon to be honest.

Just now, Argus said:

I don't expect anything but craziness from Trump, but his barring entry to the residents of six failed countries and Iran doesn't overly concern me. I'm more concerned about him booting the joints chief of staff off his security council and replacing them with Steve Bannon to be honest.

I'm more concerned about the second as well, so we won't have much of a debate there.

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

Why ?   Why do you place such importance on the leader of another nation ?  

Should Americans be equally concerned about the decisions and policies of Justin Trudeau ?

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Exactly.   I'd rather be ethical and humane than materially blessed.  

Well maybe you and Smallc can try to eat ethical and humane see how that tastes......and where was this humanity and ethical judgement  when our government  left thousands to die in Rwanda, or Afghanistan where was your bleeding heart then, stuck up your frigging tree that's where, did the world call you a racist pig dog ....ya they did but you did not hear a word they said...........maybe black is not your favorite color.....where was your heart when we pulled out of afghan leaving afghanis fending for themselfs shit and they were muslim as well, maybe not the right muslims right..... .....the problem with you guys is you pick and choose....there is strife all around us and your blind to it....except when it comes to our brothers to the south.....no...when it comes to americans we draw the line......we will live up to our canadian constitution that states in the first line i think we will always be on the high ground when it comes to the states, we are good they are bad.....All Canadians will look down at americans it is what we do for a sport when hockey is not around....why because the americans got all the toys, they pay all the bills,  that's why.....and liberals are jealous of all that..... 

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

..All Canadians will look down at americans it is what we do for a sport when hockey is not around....why because the americans got all the toys, they pay all the bills,  that's why.....and liberals are jealous of all that..... 

Indeed...it has long been a Canadian national pastime.  My understanding of this was complete after reading that Justin Trudeau plaintively whined that the United States "...matters so much to us".  

1 hour ago, Smallc said:

That's why policies generally go through vetting and and legal examination.  That didn't happen here.  Bad things happened as a result.

according to the media legal challenge was launched and it was turned down....the order still stands....