Trudeau invites refugees to Canada, taunts Trump

Argus

42 minutes ago, Smallc said:

That we welcome people regardless of their characteristics.

:rolleyes:

Check out that tweet again!

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength

It's an open invitation.  We'll welcome them all!

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, overthere said:

I sincerely hope not.  All immigrants must have some level of security screening.

We check to see if they have police records or if they're on any international watch lists. That's about the sum total of how we check them out. Immigrants don't even get a face-to-face interview.

3 hours ago, Smallc said:

Where do you see the word all?

It says To "those", it does not say all, nor does it say just one.....some when these people start lining up what is tredeau  going to say.....uhm , yaaa, i didnt mean all of you....it's all about the technicalities, ....shit i'm english and have a hard time to figure out what political speak actually means....

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

It says To "those", it does not say all, nor does it say just one.....some when these people start lining up what is tredeau  going to say.....uhm , yaaa, i didnt mean all of you....it's all about the technicalities, ....shit i'm english and have a hard time to figure out what political speak actually means....

What I fear is it closely resembles the attitude the Swedish and German governments took, which led them to be overwhelmed with migrants. and now that they're trying to get rid of some of them and send them home, why, what's to stop them getting on a plane and coming here in response to Trudeau's invitation?

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Trump is not named in the tweet and given that he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time himself insulting other people in such messages, he doesn't have much to complain about really. 

Except for the fact he holds NAFTA in one hand, and our balls in the other , and him , and him alone can decide the fate of all that with one stroke of the pen.....but we as a nation have lined up along the border to poke the bear in the eye with a stick.....

24 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It's not hard to understand what he meant.

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

He didn't say anything about the US order - he said that we won't exclude people based on their individual characteristics.

I know your a liberal now, but i also know deep down in there some where is a little con left.....So our PM would not have said anything if not for the Order, so it would be implied that he targeted his comments towards those effected by the ORDER....so back to the question does it mean all of them or some of them....

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I'm not a Liberal or a Conservative.  But I honestly think he meant that we wouldn't exclude people the way the US is doing.  

So what your saying is he did not agree to take in anyone.he is just saying as he whipped it out on a national media system my dick is bigger.... and told everyone we don't do that , it's not right...your bad....we are good....look at me, smiling uhm. yaa, uhm...

32 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Except for the fact he holds NAFTA in one hand, and our balls in the other , and him , and him alone can decide the fate of all that with one stroke of the pen.....but we as a nation have lined up along the border to poke the bear in the eye with a stick.....

I hope we can support our own PM at this difficult time. Of course, there are those who will criticize Trudeau for anything he does regarding Trump: if he is restrained they will call him a hypocrite; and if he's more candid they will complain about that too. 

13 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I'm not a Liberal or a Conservative.  But I honestly think he meant that we wouldn't exclude people the way the US is doing.  

I think that tweet, which was widely quoted internationally, could soon see us getting a lot more refugee applicants from migrants being turned away from Germany, Sweden and other European countries.

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I hope we can support our own PM at this difficult time. Of course, there are those who will criticize Trudeau for anything he does regarding Trump: if he is restrained they will call him a hypocrite; and if he's more candid they will complain about that too. 

Nobody said the road was paved with gold and rainbows....He is the PM of our nation, he has dozens of advisors to keep him on the right path when things get difficult....What is best for our nation right now is not to be right about some thing out of our control....what is best for out nation is Getting NAFTA looked after, and god knows what after that.....having the US president look down on Canada is not good for the country....History shows us that....however it has been some what carved in Canadian history that US presidents are not fond of liberals.....so liberal PM's play the part as antagonist.....

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

...He is the PM of our nation, he has dozens of advisors to keep him on the right path when things get difficult....What is best for our nation right now is not to be right about some thing out of our control....what is best for out nation is Getting NAFTA looked after, and god knows what after that.....having the US president look down on Canada is not good for the country....History shows us that....however it has been some what carved in Canadian history that US presidents are not fond of liberals.....so liberal PM's play the part as antagonist.....

Whats out of his control? Saying Canada welcomes refugee's ? We do! Have done for a long time. Did you miss all the stuff about Syrian refugee's? It is totally within Canada's control to welcome all sorts and the USofA has total control over not welcoming them.  Does NAFTA need looking after? I thought it had all been negotiated and settled.  Trump says he's gonna renegotiate it. So we'll do so. Trumps the best negotiator isn't he? He's a really great negotiator right? He won't let childish resentments over Trudeau's tweets mess things up will he? No of course not.  He'll negotiate for the USofA's best interests; We'll negotiate for ours and all will be well with the world again. Trudeau's tweets won't mean shit.