Trudeau, Being Used As A Pawn?

2 hours ago, Smallc said:

How is the video humiliating?  Was Harper the first leader invited to the Obama Whitehouse?  Isn't that typically reserved for the Mexican President?

It's grovelling!

No, Harper had demonstrated a strong position before world leaders.  He was never seen in a grovelling position - any grovelling he might've done (if he ever did grovel), was done in private!

Edited by betsy

48 minutes ago, Smallc said:

It's reaching out!

..........can't he "reach out" in private? :lol:

Anyway.....

....why the need for that video when CTV reported that Trudeau's top advisers have had a dozen meetings already with Trump's trusted officials?

On 1/6/2017 at 4:56 AM, betsy said:

It'll really be interesting to see how far Canada is  willing to go to keep USA, a major trading partner.

NAFTA isn't the only thing on the line.  Immigration and securing the border will be high on the list, too!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/massive-senate-report-mexican-and-canadian-borders-are-significant-terrorist-pathways/article/2577735

That report was done under the Obama administration, btw. 

Canad 's immigration policy stinks to high heaven. We just brought 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada, and I am pretty sure that there must be at least one or two terrorists in there some where. Our politically correct fake and phony politicians don't really care as to who really gets into Canada. All they seem to want to do is just keep bringing more in. 

I just hope that Trump doesn't ask us to pay for a wall between Canada and the USA. That then should push Canada into bankruptcy. A great work project for the time being though. :D

10 hours ago, taxme said:

Canad 's immigration policy stinks to high heaven. We just brought 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada, and I am pretty sure that there must be at least one or two terrorists in there some where. Our politically correct fake and phony politicians don't really care as to who really gets into Canada. All they seem to want to do is just keep bringing more in.

I bet you, that will be an item for Trump - Canada being a Mecca for terrorists - the bridge to get to the USA.  

What's the point for them to be so strict on their immigration (to the point of limiting, if not downright halting)  Muslims coming to the US, and yet leaving the backdoor wide open?

That would give us some benefit, security-wise, if the USA plays hardball about that, and Trudeau admin would have to prove that our refugees are properly screened.

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, betsy said:

I bet you, that will be an item for Trump - Canada being a Mecca for terrorists - the bridge to get to the USA.  

What's the point for them to be so strict on their immigration (to the point of limiting, if not downright halting)  Muslims coming to the US, and yet leaving the backdoor wide open?

That would give us some benefit, security-wise, if the USA plays hardball about that, and Trudeau admin would have to prove that our refugees are properly screened.

I am pretty sure that Trump won't go whimpy on JT and his merry band of liberals like Harper did. Harper could have been the Trump of Canada but for some reason he decided not too. The people gave Harper and the conservative party a majority to pretty much be able to reverse all the different liberal programs and agendas that were forced on the Canadian taxpayer's, and possibly save the taxpayer hundreds of millions in tax dollars but he chose not too. Now the liberals are going to have to deal with a real conservative who will be playing real hardball with the liberals. It should get quite interesting in the days to come after Trump is sworn in as president. Liberal games will soon be over at least that is what I am hoping for. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

I am pretty sure that Trump won't go whimpy on JT and his merry band of liberals like Harper did. Harper could have been the Trump of Canada but for some reason he decided not too. The people gave Harper and the conservative party a majority to pretty much be able to reverse all the different liberal programs and agendas that were forced on the Canadian taxpayer's, and possibly save the taxpayer hundreds of millions in tax dollars but he chose not too. Now the liberals are going to have to deal with a real conservative who will be playing real hardball with the liberals. It should get quite interesting in the days to come after Trump is sworn in as president. Liberal games will soon be over at least that is what I am hoping for. 

The big deficits looming up ahead, and the economy.....it'll be harder with a sour relationship with the USA.  We 'll get hit pretty bad....and we might have to tighten up our belts.  But hey, sometimes you gotta be willing  take a hit to uphold your principles.

I still think Trump is doing what's best for his country (and for the world)  - as every nation's leader ought to be doing!  Getting to kick this lunatic political correctness out, is already a big boon!

Edited by betsy

11 hours ago, betsy said:

Can you provide evidence Canada is a Mecca for terrorists and that the refugees weren't properly screened?  

3 hours ago, taxme said:

I wouldn't say trump is a real conservative but more of an alpha.  I like trumps tax policy and his creating investor confidence, not so much his trade policy.  

Trump won't waste much of his time on jt and if he did it would be like how trump figuratively chopped off Romney' head.  Trump has been a leader almost his entire life and knows how to get his way.  From what I see trump has trudeaus balls in a vice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 3:18 AM, betsy said:

I still think Trump is doing what's best for his country (and for the world)  - as every nation's leader ought to be doing!  Getting to kick this lunatic political correctness out, is already a big boon!

But, he is doing what he thinks is the best for his country. He acting more like an imperialist dictator.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pamy221 said:

But, he is doing what he thinks is the best for his country. He acting more like an imperialist dictator.  

I gave you a like pamy221, welcoming you to this board.

Trump wasn't a politician, that's why he doesn't talk like a politician.

However, his orders are within the Constitution.  He's within the law.  Dictators make their own laws.  That's the difference.

I think the model for diplomacy that Trudeau ought to emulate would be.....Japan.

Edited by betsy

5 hours ago, Omni said:

That horse has been flogged to death. It must be frustrating to be looking around in such a flurry and finding nothing else.

What about this one?

The 2013 Via Rail Canada terrorism plot was a conspiracy to commit terrorist acts in and against Canada in the form of disruption, destruction or derailment of trains operated by Canada's national passenger railway service, Via Rail Canada. The alleged targeted train route runs between Toronto and New York City.[1][2] The two suspects, Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser, were arrested on April 22, 2013 by the RCMP and subsequently charged by the Crown in connection with the plot.[3][4] Neither one is a Canadian citizen.

Esseghaier, who was a doctoral student at the Institut national de la recherche scientifique of the Université du Québec, was known for his disruptive and offensive behaviour, and was referred to by his neighbours as a "nightmare neighbour." 

The contention that Jaser is truly stateless—for the purposes of the enforcement of immigration law and regulation and deportation under Canadian law—may be questionable, in that he was known to have travelled to the United Arab Emirates on a Jordanian passport several times as recently as September 2011.[29] He had been known to Canadian immigration officials since at least 2004, when Canada had commenced proceedings to deport him.[30] It appears, though, that this had been the conclusion of the panel considering his case, given that his deportation never actually occurred.[31] This may have been because he had arrived in Canada from Germany on falsified French travel documents.[32]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_VIA_Rail_Canada_terrorism_plot

The USA has more than reasonable ground to be very skeptical of our screening and immigration process!

Edited by betsy

The Toronto terror plot

The plan to behead the prime minister

http://www.economist.com/node/7036979

The group was preparing a large-scale terrorist attack in southern Ontario. They planned to detonate truck bombs in at least three locations, and open fire in a crowded area. They also made plans to storm various buildings such as the Canadian Broadcasting Centre and the Canadian Parliament building, and take hostages. Law enforcement authorities identified other targets, including the CSIS, the Parliamentary Buildings' Peace Tower, and power grids.[29][30]

According to one of the suspect's lawyers, they were also accused of planning to "behead the Prime Minister", Stephen Harper, and other leaders.

Suspects of the Toronto 18

The identities of the 4 minors were legally protected by Canada's Youth Criminal Justice Act. 1 was convicted at trial and sentenced to 2.5 years. The other 3 were released after the charges against them were dismissed or stayed.

Six of the 18 men arrested have ties to the Al Rahman Islamic Center near Toronto, a Sunni mosque.[42]

Another two of those arrested were already serving time in a Kingston, Ontario, prison on weapons possession charges.[43]

According to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) two other men, Syed Ahmed and Ehsanul Sadequee, who were arrested in Georgia in the United States on terrorism charges, are connected to the case as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Ontario_terrorism_plot

Even if terrorists never actually got into the USA, or did damage to the USA, that isn't the point.

We have them!  That's the point! 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

The USA has more than reasonable ground to be very skeptical of our screening and immigration process!

Yes, a few bad people have slipped into Canada, often on forged or improperly obtained passports. You realize that many, many more people have slipped into the US that way.

1 hour ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, a few bad people have slipped into Canada, often on forged or improperly obtained passports. You realize that many, many more people have slipped into the US that way.

It doesn't matter what we think, Impact.  It's what the USA thinks when it comes to border security - that's what matters to them!

During Obama years , they've already expressed concern over Canada - what more now, with that invitation tweet of Trudeau?

Revoking NEXUS - I think it's the first step that they've taken  They're responding to Trudeau.

Edited by betsy

4 minutes ago, betsy said:

It doesn't matter what we think, Impact.  It's what the USA thinks when it comes to border security - that's what matters to them!

During Obama years , they've already expressed concern over Canada - what more now, with that invitation tweet of Trudeau?

Revoking NEXUS - I think it's the first step that they've taken  They're responding to Trudeau.

One last time...where did the 9/11 bombers hail from?

25 minutes ago, betsy said:

...During Obama years , they've already expressed concern over Canada - what more now, with that invitation tweet of Trudeau?

Agreed....President Obama's own CBP commissioner (Alan Bersin) pointed at Canada as a greater security risk than Mexico.

Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin said he is concerned that potential terrorists are exploiting Canadian loopholes to gain entry to the United States.

"We have had more cases where people who are suspected of alliances with terrorist organizations, or have had a terrorist suspicion in their background - we see more people crossing over from Canada than we have from Mexico," he said during in his testimony to the U.S. Senate this week.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/us-border-chief-says-terror-threat-greater-from-canada-than-mexico/article580347/

• Like 1