Trudeau, Being Used As A Pawn?

45 minutes ago, Omni said:

One last time...where did the 9/11 bombers hail from?

What's that got to do where 9/11 bombers come from?

A lot depends on the extreme screening and vetting.  If countries are hostile and not cooperative, or their system lacks the sophistication to make any vetting possible - they'd be on that list!

Btw, those countries were taken from Obama's list!  Ask Obama why those countries from 9/11 weren't on that list.

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, betsy said:

What's that got to do where 9/11 bombers come from?

A lot depends on the extreme screening and vetting.  If countries are hostile and not cooperative, or their system lacks the sophistication to make any vetting possible - they'd be on that list!

Btw, those countries were taken from Obama's list!  Ask Obama why those countries from 9/11 weren't on that list.

You must be reading Breitbart again. Obama didn't ban anyone. His list only removed visa waiver's.

51 minutes ago, Omni said:

You must be reading Breitbart again. Obama didn't ban anyone. His list only removed visa waiver's.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say Obama banned them.  I said they were on his list.

How the Trump administration chose the 7 countries in the immigration executive order

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted in President Trump's executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Sunday pointed to the Obama administration's actions as the basis for their selection of the seven countries. Trump's order bars citizens from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the U.S. for the next 90 days.

So, ask Obama why those countries from 9/11 weren't on his list.

According to Spicer, Trump might add more countries to that list.

Edited by betsy

12 minutes ago, betsy said:

I didn't say Obama banned them.  I said they were on his list.

So, ask Obama why those countries from 9/11 weren't on his list.

According to Spicer, Trump might add more countries to that list.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/31/14444862/obama-refugee-ban-2011

“The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror.”

This is wrong in every particular. Obama’s Iraqi visa policy in 2011 did not ban Iraqis from entering the country. Obama’s immigration policy did not treat people with passports from the seven countries as unusually dangerous terrorism threats. And Obama’s policies never approached anything like the breadth, cynicism, and incompetence of Trump’s executive order.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/31/14444862/obama-refugee-ban-2011

“The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror.”

This is wrong in every particular. Obama’s Iraqi visa policy in 2011 did not ban Iraqis from entering the country. Obama’s immigration policy did not treat people with passports from the seven countries as unusually dangerous terrorism threats. And Obama’s policies never approached anything like the breadth, cynicism, and incompetence of Trump’s executive order.

:shrug:

They got those countries from Obama's list.  So far, no one from Obama admin had come forward to contradict that.  So, there.

7 minutes ago, betsy said:

:shrug:

They got those countries from Obama's list.  So far, no one from Obama admin had come forward to contradict that.  So, there.

There what? Maybe you don't read well?. Did you happen to notice the comment about "Trump's incompetence" in the piece?

1 minute ago, Omni said:

There what? Maybe you don't read well?. Did you happen to notice the comment about "Trump's incompetence" in the piece?

We're not talking about Trump's incompetence.  We're talking about those countries on the list.  I even gave you  the liberal rag, CNN  - that should be a reassurance to you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh boy.

Now we learn that someone from the White House called Justin, and told him to call and convince Trump not to scrap NAFTA!  

I suppose some folks who are opposed to scrapping of NAFTA wanted to put Justin on the front line - in the line of fire. :D

So what came after that talk with Trump?  After all the back-patting and taking of credit?   Now, our media is talking of a trade war!

Talk about being used, huh?  :lol:

Edited by betsy

AND....we learn that Justin treated Ivanka and some diplomats and business people to a broadway show.  To the tune of $30,000 Canadian taxpayers' money.  That was in March, folks.  Where did it get us?

Sucking up doesn't help.....especially when it's now being obvious, there's more to this Trump-Trudeau relationship than meets the eye.

I still put my money on Trump - calculatingly humiliating and making life difficult for Trudeau.  I really bet.....it's all about "pay-back"  for Trudeau's taking potshots at Trump, and for being Obama's lackey.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

I still put my money on Trump - calculatingly humiliating and making life difficult for Trudeau

He'll likely be too busy being humiliated by his impeachment hearings to bug anybody. Plus he may have just committed a felony by trying to influence Sally Yates' testimony.  

2 hours ago, Omni said:

He'll likely be too busy being humiliated by his impeachment hearings to bug anybody. Plus he may have just committed a felony by trying to influence Sally Yates' testimony.  

We're not talking about Trump's other issues.   We're talking about our PM's issues with Trump - which inevitably affects us all!

Trudeau is reaping the fruit of his reckless partisan behaviour!  Canada is the one who'll pay for it.  Dearly.

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

We're not talking about Trump's other issues.   We're talking about our PM's issues with Trump - which inevitably affects us all!

Trudeau is reaping the fruit of his reckless partisan behaviour!  Canada is the one who'll pay for it.  Dearly.

Why will we "pay" by keeping trade open?

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

Then, tell Christie Clark to shut up.   She's fear-mongering about the soft lumber!

She did a little tit for tat with Trump: you want to mess with our lumber, we'll mess with your coal. She's a politician, that's what they do. Luckily JT stepped in and along with Nieto calmed things down. Now NAFTA will be adjusted by negotiations, not an orange faced buffoon.

15 hours ago, Omni said:

She did a little tit for tat with Trump: you want to mess with our lumber, we'll mess with your coal. She's a politician, that's what they do. Luckily JT stepped in and along with Nieto calmed things down. Now NAFTA will be adjusted by negotiations, not an orange faced buffoon.

If you hadn't noticed, Trump's been singling out Canada lately!

Yeah....negotiations.  Let's see who rules those negotiations.

5 hours ago, betsy said:

If you hadn't noticed, Trump's been singling out Canada lately!

Yeah....negotiations.  Let's see who rules those negotiations.

Trump has been chasing his tail ever since taking office is what I've noticed. He makes wild claims and then climbs onto AF 1 and heads to Mara Laga while cooler heads calm things back down, or he signs something and the courts throw it out. nafta will be reworked by people who hopefully know what they're doing, and the Hair will trying to put the fires out over firing Comey, or his faulty healthcare bill, or who knows what the next cartoon will involve 

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Trump has been chasing his tail ever since taking office is what I've noticed. He makes wild claims and then climbs onto AF 1 and heads to Mara Laga while cooler heads calm things back down, or he signs something and the courts throw it out. nafta will be reworked by people who hopefully know what they're doing, and the Hair will trying to put the fires out over firing Comey, or his faulty healthcare bill, or who knows what the next cartoon will involve 

Stick to the issue!  :)