Trudeau, Being Used As A Pawn?

I deeply resented Joe Biden's visit.  The timing of it.......not good at all.   A power struggle had already started happening in the USA at the time.  Everyone can see there's intrigues behind the transition process. 

Biden's message to Trudeau?  Really bad.  For Canada.

Biden asks Trudeau to help lead way in time of uncertainty

Biden didn’t mention president-elect Donald Trump by name but he made veiled references to the uncertainty gripping Europe and the United States since Britain’s decision to leave the European Union and the recent presidential election in the U.S.

Biden delivered that message in a stirring speech at a state dinner in his honour in Ottawa on Thursday night, in which he singled out the fight against climate change as the most important issue of this generation.

Biden said the world would make enormous progress — but only if leaders such Trudeau and German Chancellor Angela Merkel stepped up.

“The changes that are going to take place are going to be astronomical,” Biden said.

“The progress is going to be made but it’s going to take men like you Mr. Prime Minister, who understand it has to fit within the context of a liberal economic order, a liberal international order, where there’s basic rules of the road.”

Biden praised Canada as an ally and a friend, one that the U.S. needs more than ever. He singled out the joint fight against Islamic militants in Syria and Iraq, bolstering Eastern European allies against Russia and combating climate change, “the most consequential issue of our generation.”

Biden said that when he looks at the “ebb and flow” of the world, there are periods when genuine leaders are in short supply.

“I’ve never seen Europe engage in as much self-doubt as they are now,” Biden said.

Biden praised Canada as an ally and a friend, one that the U.S. needs more than ever. He singled out the joint fight against Islamic militants in Syria and Iraq, bolstering Eastern European allies against Russia and combating climate change, “the most consequential issue of our generation.”

Biden said that when he looks at the “ebb and flow” of the world, there are periods when genuine leaders are in short supply.

“I’ve never seen Europe engage in as much self-doubt as they are now,” Biden said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/12/08/bidens-visit-to-ottawa-under-a-shroud-of-secrecy-speculation.html

Biden was making a very public dig at Trump, at the expense of Canada!  If Biden is female, I'd be saying he was being a bitch!

Biden was passing on the message by Obama to Trudeau.  In my opinion, they're blatantly trying to manipulate Trudeau.  Biden was passing an INSTRUCTION to Trudeau!  Everything Biden said had veiled references to Trump - and going against Trump!

Kinda remind of mobster scene, where the Big Boss muscle man comes for a visit, and tells the bloke what the Big Boss expects him to do! 

Does Obama and Biden see Trudeau as a lackey? 

Because for all the buttery praises heaped by Biden on Trudeau (which they must've  known Trudeau would be lapping up, what with how all that bromance bruhaha was lapped up by Canada), it was a blatant manipulation!

It was a set up to use Trudeau/Canada as a pawn against Trump.

Trudeau shouldn't have made a big deal celebrating that Biden visit! Not only did we waste so much money on that entertainment, but the optics are awful to boot.  They should've just given him dinner and sent him packing!  Diplomatically, of course.

The last thing Trudeau  want, is to remind Trump,  that he's an Obama fanboy!

Edited by betsy

43 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting...I wonder if the Biden visit was scheduled before the U.S. election and Clinton's big loss to Trump.   If not, then it does look very bad.

Looks like it was after the election.  It was officially announced on the 29th of Nov.

Ottawa, Ontario
November 29, 2016

The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, today officially announced that Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States of America, will undertake an official visit to Canada on December 8 and 9, 2016.

During his visit, Vice President Biden will attend an official dinner in his honour and meet with Prime Minister Trudeau.

“I look forward to meeting with Vice President Biden and discussing the strength of our two countries’ relationship. Canada has no closer friend, partner, and ally than the U.S., and our relationship with our neighbour to the south is critical to citizens on both sides of the border.”
- Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

1 hour ago, Peter F said:

But he is an Obama fanboy. Why create some bullshit pretence that he isn't? To please Trump? Trump can kiss his rose red liberal arse.

To the world - he'll look like the lackey of Obama and Biden.  They'll be riding on his back all the way through their sunset years!

Of course you do realize that if ever, by stroke of luck, Trudeau did make a difference in the global world (which pertains to any of those itemized by Biden).....whose gonna get the credits, do you think? 

It'll most likely be written in history that, thanks to Obama and Biden, Trudeau was guided by these two genius how to become somebody in the world!

I could just see it now.  Them toasting and saying, "That's my boy."

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, Smallc said:

lol, you guys are just way too much.

Canada will set it's own foreign and domestic policy.  American's will just have to read Vanity Fair.

The fact still remains - the optics of that dinner date with Biden show Trudeau as Obama's lackey!

6 minutes ago, Smallc said:

So you really expected the Government of Canada to refuse to host the sitting US Vice President?

No.  Just don't make such a big fanfare about it.  It should've been the Deputy Prime Minister - the equivalent of Biden - who should've entertained him.  

In the sensitive times following such tumultuous and bitter election, Trudeau should've been made "unavailable" for official meetings with Biden,  or Obama himself, for that matter.   

The reality of the situation - and its impact to Canada - must be Trudeau's first consideration.

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

No.  Just don't make such a big fanfare about it.  It should've been the second in command to the Prime Minister - the equivalent of Biden - who should've entertained him.   Trudeau should've been made "unavailable" for meetings.

That's certainly your opinion.  I'm not sure that it's actually valid.  I would expect Trudeau to be Available for Mike Pence once he replaces Biden.  

Also, our systems are not equivalent, so it's best not to try to draw wavy lines to make your theory work.

It'll most likely be written in history that, thanks to Obama and Biden, Trudeau was guided by these two genius how to become somebody in the world!

So? The VP of the USofA (a very important country - to Canada anyways) requests a visit way back when and Trudeau is supposed to tell him 'No' for fear that maybe somebody will write something nasty about his very self?   What kind of chickenshits do you want running this country?

11 minutes ago, Smallc said:

That's certainly your opinion.  I'm not sure that it's actually valid. 

It's valid.  You can diplomatically turn down a request for meetings.  Trudeau can say, "Uh, that date's no good.  I'm washing my hair...." :D

Anyway, you get my drift.  Leaders diplomatically do it all the time.  Meetings with certain people at inappropriate times could carry serious implications - politicians know that.

I would expect Trudeau to be Available for Mike Pence once he replaces Biden.  

I should hope so. That would be different, isn't it?  After all, Pence will be the current Vice-President (and he may be the next President too, after Trump's 8 years)!

But should meeting with Pence possibly result in an awkward situation where-in it could negatively impact Canada.....I hope our PM diplomatically make himself unavailable as well.  Perhaps later, in a more "convenient" time.....

Also, our systems are not equivalent, so it's best not to try to draw wavy lines to make your theory work.

They do have equivalents.  Deputy Prime Minister would be the equivalent of a US Vice President.

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, Peter F said:

So? The VP of the USofA (a very important country - to Canada anyways) requests a visit way back when and Trudeau is supposed to tell him 'No' for fear that maybe somebody will write something nasty about his very self?   What kind of chickenshits do you want running this country?

Read my post again.  You're missing something.

9 hours ago, hernanday said:

Trudeau shares a common progressive vision with Obama and Biden.

Very true!  It must be why he welcomed and feted Biden on his visit, just a few weeks after the election.

Like all the rest of shell-shocked liberals all over the world, he must've been still in denial at the time that team Obama/Clinton had lost and now the world will have to deal with Donald Trump!  That's the only explanation I could think of why he'd go that length given the bitter divisiveness of the recent election result - like it was an impulsive knee-jerk reaction - without any thought as to the likely ramification it has with our relationship with the incoming administration!

Biden has made him party to poisoning the well!

Given his seeming appeasing message on this tape that he'd addressed to Congress......

.........we'll watch how he'll ballet and pirouette along the way,  reconciling his vision with that of Trump's. 

Edited by betsy

It'll really be interesting to see how far Canada is  willing to go to keep USA, a major trading partner.

NAFTA isn't the only thing on the line.  Immigration and securing the border will be high on the list, too!

Massive Senate report: Mexican AND Canadian borders are 'significant' terrorist pathways

The U.S.-Canada border is the likely path for terrorists to invade the country, according to top national security experts and Congress' most comprehensive review of America's 19,000 miles of coasts and land borders.

"The nexus between known or suspected terrorists in eastern Canada and the northern parts of the U.S. represent [sic] a significant national security threat," said a new report from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, a conclusion reached as Canada decided to settle 25,000 Syrian refugees by March.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/massive-senate-report-mexican-and-canadian-borders-are-significant-terrorist-pathways/article/2577735

That report was done under the Obama administration, btw. 

Edited by betsy