Maybe no Brexit exit.

taxme

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

The Muslims I have known had great values.  They didn't misrepresent the truth on anonymous web forums and complain about gay pride parades.  I'm sorry but I find your shifting principles on these things to be highly untrustworthy.

Muslims on a person friendship basis would be great friends I am sure.  However, that is not the point.  You can still be friends of Muslims and not agree with Islam or want your country to become an Islamic republic or some kind.  I don't think the individual Muslims you know even think in terms of taking over a country.  The issue is not personal friendships.  It is what the Quran teaches and what some Imams preach.  You can't judge the what is going on in some countries in Europe or judge Islam just from you good Muslim friendships.   I wouldn't mind having some Muslim friends but don't think there are any around here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Muslims on a person friendship basis would be great friends I am sure.  However, that is not the point.  You can still be friends of Muslims and not agree with Islam or want your country to become an Islamic republic or some kind.   

Right.  That is exactly my position.  I do not want Canada to become an Islamic Republic !

16 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How does believing in "the majority" reconcile itself with using the term "sheeple" ?

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/search/?&q=sheeple&author=taxme

There are 42 examples there to investigate.

I like that word. It's an appropriate word to be used sometimes to describe many Canadians out there. They do exist.  :) 

In Canada there is no such law that says that the majority shall rule. Rather in Canada it appears to be just the opposite. In Canada we have minorities running this country. And minorities running a country and foisting their beliefs and values on a majority is not how a country should exist on. It is a recipe for disaster. This is like saying that a family of five has to give into the one that does not want to abide by the rules and have to be dictated too as how the house hold will be run by the rest of the family. We have this happening in Canada today. A million people being ruled by a thousand people. It is just not right nor fair. Just my opinion of course. 

10 minutes ago, taxme said:

Many Europeans are getting sick and tired of all those refugees entering their countries, and want it stopped. The EU will not listen, and from what certainly would not like to see the day when maybe Europe becomes a Muslim country, do you? Would you want to see Muslims take over Canada? Well? 

What do you propose we should do with those refugees that are here now....Gas chamber?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

I like that word. It's an appropriate word to be used sometimes to describe many Canadians out there. They do exist.  :)  

In this discussion of the Brexit, you're using the majority vote for convenience.  Statements like "When are the Canadiansheeple ever going to wake up" prove that you don't actually respect majority views, except when they're convenient.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right.  That is exactly my position.  I do not want Canada to become an Islamic Republic !

Well, it would appear as though Trudeau is working hard on just that. Why else would this M-103 ever get heard of or even talked about if the Muslims here today were not asking for special treatment, and are pushing for it? I don't believe that I have ever heard the Sikhs say that they wanted special protection from criticism of their religion, have you? 

I agree also that I do not want Canada to ever become an Islamic country. I can see The Crusades possibly starting up here in Canada in the future if Islam in Canada is not nipped in the bud. Hey, you never know.  

People that vandalize Mosques and insult Muslims on the bus or street are doing a disservice to the rest of us.  They are giving them more of an excuse for M103.  A lot of people can't see the difference between insulting Muslims and a respectful dialog on the religion.  Those are the kind of people we need to watch out for.  They lump everyone into the same lot.  I think that is what the Libs and NDP are doing.  Just realized I am getting away from the subject of Brexit.

Edited by blackbird

39 minutes ago, Wilber said:

taxme is an expert on what Europeans should get and what is good for them.

Funny, because some Canadians here are "experts" on what the Americans should do as well.

Brexit and Trump are not a political coincidence.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kactus said:

What do you propose we should do with those refugees that are here now....Gas chamber?

Gas chambers? Don't be silly.

What should be done is ship them back from whence they came. They are criminals for crossing the Canadian border illegally. Is this what you want as new citizen's is people breaking the laws of Canada? These people can go the proper route and walk up to a border crossing and shout refugee the proper way but instead chose to break the law and enter Canada illegally. If these same refugees tried to cross into Mexico they would be arrested and thrown in jail. Or maybe lucky enough to get shipped out of the country. 

We are possibly seeing just the beginning of what might happen this summer as the weather warms up. And thanks to Trudeau he has encouraged it. Way the go Mr. PM you really are setting Canadians up for a bunch of criminals to enter Canada. Just where does your loyalties lie anyway? To Canada or the rest of the world? Personally, I think that I am pretty sure as to where your loyalties are and who they are too. It is beginning to look like Canadians will not be allowed in on the game plan. Contempt is what I call it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Funny, because some Canadians here are "experts" on what the Americans should do as well.

Brexit and Trump are not a political coincidence.

Watch the TV news tonight or tomorrow for the results of the election in the Netherlands.  Geert Wilders is the leader of the Freedom Party and is expected to make political gains today in the election. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Gas chambers? Don't be silly.

What should be done is ship them back from whence they came. They are criminals for crossing the Canadian border illegally. Is this what you want as new citizen's is people breaking the laws of Canada? These people can go the proper route and walk up to a border crossing and shout refugee the proper way but instead chose to break the law and enter Canada illegally. If these same refugees tried to cross into Mexico they would be arrested and thrown in jail. Or maybe lucky enough to get shipped out of the country.

First of all, there are already  over a million Muslims in Canada, many of who would be Canadian citizens.  I presume you're not talking about them.   Secondly, for those crossing the border lately, we have an immigration system that works by laws already in place.  The migrants coming across the border must go through the existing immigration system process.   They can't be just shipped out.  They have to go through the refugee determining process and can appeal the outcome.  It could a year or more for each one.  But that system can only be changed by changing the law.

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You're getting away from the topic which is Brexit.  Nobody said anything should be done with people in Canada.  Just treat them respectfully like everyone else.

Well that is the point....In UK immigrants are treated far better compared to france, germany, italy and the netherland, which is why it is a desirable destination. Brexit in UK was highjacked by some wackos who only saw this as an opportunity to vote no to Europe to resist the polish and eastern european migration. (Something they refer to as vermin...) Reality is a great majority of brits who voted for Brexit disassociated themselves from these people as they had other concerns that were higher in their priority list....Brexit just gave these people the opportunity to vent their anger and get their voices heard...However, it remains to be seen if these immigrants can stay in UK after hard Brexit.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

First of all, there are already  over a million Muslims in Canada, many of who would be Canadian citizens.  I presume you're not talking about them.   Secondly, for those crossing the border lately, we have an immigration system that works by laws already in place.  The migrants coming across the border must go through the existing immigration system process.   They can't be just shipped out.  They have to go through the refugee determining process and can appeal the outcome.  It could a year or more for each one.  But that system can only be changed by changing the law.

This is exactly my point to taxme....

In the absence of a solution with substance to tackle the immigration he is just saying ship all the existing refugees...

Theresa May herself supported remain but is now leading Brexit-negotiations as she respects the outcome of the referendum. Good on her.

Besides, a remainer leading the negotiations could lead to a better negotiation-outcome as there is less antagonism between the negotiating parties. I'm optimistic about the outcome as both Britain and the EU need each other too much in order to afford a total fall-out of relations not to mention even a trade-war.

If there is anyone the Brexiteers can thank for the victory of Brexit then that person is Barack Obama.

Namely, certainly millions of people decided to vote for Brexit and probably turned the outcome around as a reaction to a foreign president coming to lecture to the Brits how they should vote in their referendum.

Well, having said that, a lot of Europeans didn't hide their view which candidate Americans should have voted for in the US-elections.

Theresa May wasn’t one of the most vocal figures of the debate, but she stuck to the government line: that Britain would be better off remaining part of the European Union. As a high level cabinet Minister (May was the longest serving Home Secretary for over a century), this is not surprising. 

Her position on UK Brexit is challenging to say the least since she warned UK voters that Brexit could have seriously damaging effects on the economy, the security, and even the current form of the United Kingdom....

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I live in western Canada (B.C.) and am aware that Quebec and Ontario have most of the votes.  They have the largest population so that is how the system works.  So  the answer is yes, I go along with the principle of one man/woman, one vote.  We in the west might not be happy with the results always.  But at least we get to participate in a democratic system.  We live with the outcome, whether it be good of bad.  Scotland should live with the results.  I think the separatist party is using the Brexit result to try to get a referendum to separate, which should be no great surprise.

There are separatists in Western Canada too. 

Any political structure can disappear. In time, they all will.