cybercoma

41 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

1. Delete quote boxes on mobile? With no ability to right click or hold down CTRL or COMMAND, I have absolutely no idea how to delete quote boxes on the mobile site. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Not sure if it will work on mobile, but the way I delete quote boxes is move my cursor into them and a small icon appears at the top/left of the quote box. If you hover your mouse over that icon the message 'click to drag or move' appears. Once you are hovering over that icon, hit delete. Of course you may not have a keyboard on your mobile, and if you bring up the soft keyboard then the behaviour may be different. 

41 minutes ago, cybercoma said:

1. Divide quoted posts into parts to respond to individual points? In the past, it was easy to divide up quoted posts to respond to individual parts of a person's post/reply. I'm not sure how to do that in the new forum software without manually typing in the BBCode and copy/pasting parts of the person's post into it. Has anyone discovered an easier way to do this?

I just quote the same post a second time, and edit the content to get the part I am interested in. Of course it is not perfect as you can see with things like numbered lists restarting at 1

Edited by ?Impact

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How do you follow  thread so that you get popup notifications when someone replies ?

My computer did that automatically.  I had to turn it off. 

But I have no idea how to turn it back on, sorry.  Not much help, really...

Edited by bcsapper
typo

There should be a Home button at the bottom of the list of posts on my mobile that takes me straight to the Political Forums like it does on the desktop. The second step one has to take to get back Home or worse scrolling way back up to the top through a list of posts is a pain.

While I'm on the subject, if Political Forums and Home are one and the same thing why not just use one term? 

24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There should be a Home button at the bottom of the list of posts on my mobile that takes me straight to the Political Forums like it does on the desktop. The second step one has to take to get back Home or worse scrolling way back up to the top through a list of posts is a pain.

While I'm on the subject, if Political Forums and Home are one and the same thing why not just use one term? 

on my mobile at the bottom of the screen, '< GO TO TOPIC LISTING', then click on "POLITICAL FORUMS'

• Forum Admin
On 2016-10-23 at 5:01 PM, Michael Hardner said:

How do you follow  thread so that you get popup notifications when someone replies ?

Go here: http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/notifications/options/

You can set the notifications however you want via that page.

I made a post with a quote, using the square quote brackets and it included text that was outside my quotes.

I tried to edit the quote box in that post but I couldn't edit anything inside the box.

Some of the box contains my own words, not just the quote I tried to make. 

I also tried selecting "get rid of quote box but keep contents", but that just deleted the entire thing.

On 2016-10-24 at 11:03 AM, sharkman said:

I used to have a sig line that appeared at the end of every post, but it's disappeared recently.  I went into "edit profile" and several other places and can't find the option to have a sig line at all.  Has this function been deep sixed?  

I think they upset people...

19 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Is it no longer possible to delete replies to status updates?  That used to be the only way to edit them.

Members should still be able to delete replies on their own status update. 

Do you see an "Options" drop-down selection beside each reply? The Delete/Hide functions are in found there. You may need to activate javascripting on your browser. 

On 27 October, 2016 at 8:38 AM, bcsapper said:

Is it no longer possible to delete replies to status updates?  That used to be the only way to edit them.

Hah, I can't even post a status update.  I can write one, but it doesn't post.  Why did they change the forum again?

• Forum Admin
On 2016-10-29 at 10:51 AM, sharkman said:

Hah, I can't even post a status update.  I can write one, but it doesn't post.  Why did they change the forum again?

Don't post support requests in an existing forum thread.  If you have an issue, start a new thread.  In this case, a support thread has already been created.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Swype on my Android and the only way I can do it is to select all and then backspace or cut...maybe you can try that.

Of course the quote comes back the next time I post in the same thread, unless I decide to quote someone else then that's the quote that reappears...rinse and repeat.  That said I find the same thing happens on the desktop version too.

Edited by eyeball