City worker berates cop, on video, over parking ticket.

Boges

I bet this guy thought this would go differently.

Toronto city worker parks in handicapped spot and is about to get a ticket. Takes out his phone and berates the cop because they both work for the city and he's black.

Bet he thought people would be supportive his outright racism and deplorable behaviour.

Should he be immediately terminated from his position for doing this?

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/09/13/city-toronto-worker-berates-police-expletive-laden-tirade/

A video posted on social media shows a City of Toronto employee berating police officers in an expletive-laden tirade.

The incident happened in a plaza near Lawrence Avenue East and the Don Valley Parkway in the Parkwoods neighbourhood.

The video, which was posted in August by the employee himself, shows the man parked illegally in a wheelchair accessible spot. He recorded the video as officers were trying to ticket him.

“What? I got to show you my uniform for you to f**k off?” the man asked.

Edited by Boges

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People treating parking enforcement like crap is news? Oh, it's because he's black that this is news? I'm not saying that's racist but there's other people who would. Smart people. Lots of smart people might look at this and say this isn't new if a white person does it, which happens daily, but it is news because a black person did it, so that's racist. I wouldn't say that of course. But people are talking.

People treating parking enforcement like crap is news? Oh, it's because he's black that this is news?

The fact that he used his race as part of his tirade is what makes the fact that he is 'black' news. If he did not play the 'race card' I doubt anyone would have remarked on his race.

People treating parking enforcement like crap is news? Oh, it's because he's black that this is news? I'm not saying that's racist but there's other people who would. Smart people. Lots of smart people might look at this and say this isn't new if a white person does it, which happens daily, but it is news because a black person did it, so that's racist. I wouldn't say that of course. But people are talking.

Because he "thought" that his employer made him above the law. And he identified his employer, AND!!!! he posted the video himself in order to shame the cops. I actually may have felt differently if the video was posted surreptitiously, but it wasn't.

The fact that he used his race as part of his tirade is what makes the fact that he is 'black' news. If he did not play the 'race card' I doubt anyone would have remarked on his race.

Who cares if he used the race card or any other card. The only reason you want to bring up the race card is so that you can dismiss actual valid cirticisms of racial oppression by pointing out one asshole who misuses it because he was pissed at a parking enforcer. It's just one more method racists use to be dismissive of the prejudice that black people face every day.

Because he "thought" that his employer made him above the law. And he identified his employer, AND!!!! he posted the video himself in order to shame the cops. I actually may have felt differently if the video was posted surreptitiously, but it wasn't.

There's all kinds of idiots out there. What can I say? Edited by cybercoma

Who cares if he used the race card or any other card. The only reason you want to bring up the race card is so that you can dismiss actual valid cirticisms of racial oppression by pointing out one asshole who misuses it because he was pissed at a parking enforcer. It's just one more method racists use to be dismissive of the prejudice that black people face every day.

I never did that. But does racial discrimination make this incident excusable?

There's all kinds of idiots out there. What can I say?

And I asked if this idiot committed a firing offence.

FTR I would have found this a firing offence if the person doing it was white. The Cops were both minorities.

But does the fact that the person felt compelled to do this because of his race and because he and the cops shared the same employers.

Edited by Boges

He felt compelled to do this because of his race? I've seen lots of white people do the exact same things. I don't think he was compelled by his race at all. But hey, if you want to make assumptions about people's inner thoughts and feelings, go right ahead. My assumption is that he was pissed at getting a ticket like hundreds of people are every day. In America, they even created a hit reality TV series over the concept. Plenty of people of all races being idiots to parking enforcement officers.

He felt compelled to do this because of his race? I've seen lots of white people do the exact same things. I don't think he was compelled by his race at all. But hey, if you want to make assumptions about people's inner thoughts and feelings, go right ahead. My assumption is that he was pissed at getting a ticket like hundreds of people are every day. In America, they even created a hit reality TV series over the concept. Plenty of people of all races being idiots to parking enforcement officers.

Well, in the video, he uses his race and employers as justification as to why he shouldn't get a ticket.

I don't think anyone else would think their employer matters in regards to getting off on a ticket.

You don't get fired for being a rude asshole or receiving a parking ticket when you aren't at work.

He got a ticket. He'll be told by his employer not to bring the city into disrepute again...

case closed.

So he was an ass... so what? There are a-holes of every colour. The OP saying he's "racist" is a bit far fetched.

You don't get fired for being a rude asshole or receiving a parking ticket when you aren't at work.

He got a ticket. He'll be told by his employer not to bring the city into disrepute again...

case closed.

So he was an ass... so what? There are a-holes of every colour. The OP saying he's "racist" is a bit far fetched.

I said racism. He called the cop and Uncle Top, used the N-word and said "Black Cops are the Worst".

He probably won't be fired because it's a Public Sector Union job. May not be worth the effort to deal with the Union here.

But a private sector employer would have to reflect on the type of employee that would flaunt use his employer as an excuse to avoid being ticketed. Also posting the video online also shows a serious lack of good judgement.

Edited by Boges

A ticket is not a judgement of guilt or innocence. It is a statement of evidence. This is what the officer saw, did, and heard. If the recipient of the ticket believes he is innocent, he should exercise his option to plead his case in court. His employment status should be a matter between himself ( and his union) and his employer.

Edited by Queenmandy85

Him playing the race card is BS because he was clearly breaking the law.

I don't really care if he gets fired or not. I actually think a lot of city workers have huge ego/power-trip issues. They think driving a city van gives them license to do whatever the heck they want. I once saw a guy in a city truck parked across a lane and a half in the middle of the street while talking to his buddy, he was blocking almost 2 lanes for no reason other than arrogance because he thought he could, even though it was illegal.

Why do many ppl not relate to Black Lives Matter? Because we see ppl of ethnicity using the race card to suit their personal agenda when race has nothing to do with it. Here is prime example of a person thinking he could do whatever he wanted, and would get away with it because all he had to do was cry racism.

Skew away lefties.

Why do many ppl not relate to Black Lives Matter? Because we see ppl of ethnicity using the race card to suit their personal agenda when race has nothing to do with it. Here is prime example of a person thinking he could do whatever he wanted, and would get away with it because all he had to do was cry racism.

Skew away lefties.

Right. This guy acted like an idiot, so the entire problem of violence against black people by the police is moot. That's not a stupid argument.

Right. So a few incidents of racism means the we are all as racist as in the 1800,s and because a black person was hit by a cop all cops are racists, including Uncle Tom cops, and of course, should never be allowed to march in the gay parade or any thing else.(list gos on.........)

When is enough enough? Do you think their rhetoric of hatred is helping end discrimination and hate and helping start the trend towards inclusion, because I sure dont, and this fellow is speaking right out of their play book.