City worker berates cop, on video, over parking ticket.

Boges

No, but I frame the argument in my OP and the mods try to ensure that the thread doesn't drift into a different argument altogether.

This wasn't a slag against you, or any other member, just moderation technique.

Your OP clearly state that racism was a central aspect of the thread, and clearly, BLM is at the centre of that particular discussion at the moment in Norh America, so I don't feel the OP was derailed. My apologies to you as OP if you feel it has.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Boges or other members dictate the conversations?

BLM is relevant to this diacussion as they have made similar (similar) statements.

That they shouldn't get parking tickets because "do you know who I am!? I work for this city!"

Or is it one of the tenants of BLM now that they shouldn't get tickets because they're black? Is that what you're arguing?

​Or are you just arguing that their protests make them "uppity?"

As Boges points out, BLM is irrelevant to this story as far as I can see.

The city worker claimed the police were treating him unfairly because of his race. This goes to the core of the BLM movement and supports the BLM critics who say some of the problems that blacks have with police are created by the attitude of black people towards police. Edited by TimG

Martin Luther King Jr. claimed he was treated unfairly because of his race. I guess this guy's rant reflects on MLK too. :rolleyes:

If the BLM can take isolated incidents and spin them in grand narratives about how police everywhere are racist then it is fair for critics to use incidents like this to illustrate that their complaints may be ignoring how the attitude of some black people when they encounter police affects the reaction they get from police..

​Isolated incidents​ that are revealed in the data as a pattern of disproportionate force used against black people.

​I'm not sure "isolated" means what you think it means.

​And it's hilariously ironic that you want to characterize the patterned behaviour of cops as "isolated" but don't even see one dude pissed off at parking enforcement and saying stupid garbage as an "isolated incident."

​And it's hilariously ironic that you want to characterize the patterned behaviour of cops as "isolated" but don't even see one dude pissed off at parking enforcement and saying stupid garbage as an "isolated incident."

To be fair, that was never my claim.

My claim was that using his employer as a reason he shouldn't be ticketed, the racial charged things he said AND the fact he posted the video himself as evidence he was being discriminated was a firing offence.

Edited by Boges

My claim was that using his employer as a reason he shouldn't be ticketed, the racial charged things he said AND the fact he posted the video himself as evidence he was being discriminated was a firing offence.

I'm not really talking about your claims at this point.

​If you want to have a discussion about him bringing his employer into it and how stupid that was, that's fine. I don't care about that. It's these people that want to tie this to BLM that have some serious issues with logic and reason.

​If you want to have a discussion about him bringing his employer into it and how stupid that was, that's fine. I don't care about that. It's these people that want to tie this to BLM that have some serious issues with logic and reason.

I agree. I am really perplexed by the visceral reaction the BLM.

So, discussing any of these issues is not what the thread pertains too, just if you think he should be fired?

Yes.

​If you want to have a discussion about him bringing his employer into it and how stupid that was, that's fine. I don't care about that. It's these people that want to tie this to BLM that have some serious issues with logic and reason.[/quote

:

​If you want to have a discussion about him bringing his employer into it and how stupid that was, that's fine. I don't care about that. It's these people that want to tie this to BLM that have some serious issues with logic and reason.[/quote

d

Edited by drummindiver

​Isolated incidents​ that are revealed in the data as a pattern of disproportionate force used against black people.

​I'm not sure "isolated" means what you think it means.

....because clearly, not an isolated moment

http://freedomdaily.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-hurl-racist-insults-at-a-black-cop-video/

• 2 months later...