Terrorism in Turkey

GostHacked

It's been mentioned here but not made into it's own thread. So let's talk Turkey and try to figure out where the hell that nation is going.

We've seen many incidents in Turkey which is bringing it down the road of a failed state. I could try to pinpoint the time when Turkey started to play a critical role in bringing Syria down under the NATO banner. Then we had cross boarder raids into and from Syria, while Syria shelled long into Turkey. The recent airport bombing. Several other large bombings including the latest with the young kid allegedly being the bomber. Oh and let's not forget the recent coup (just one of many in Turkey's history).

Turkey is also getting inundated with refugees, more so than Europe as Turkey is right between them all. That can't be good for their long term survival.

If Turkey falls, what would be the most likely results? Of course we can only speculate, but things are not looking good for Turkey and the whole M.E. issue and the failed War on Terror destroying nations and killing thousands and displacing millions. Over the last 20 years has things gotten better or worse?

Why do our leaders continue down this path of demise?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current leader in Turkey is psychologically unstable and its been exhibited in his huge mood swings reported by

people he befriends then fires. He has all the behavioural symptoms of a narcissistic sociopath with megalomaniac

tendencies.

He was a cornerstone in the Obama foreign policy of creating a Muslim Brotherhood alliance with Erdogan in Turkey,

Morsi in Egypt, and a Muslim Brotherhood seeking to replace King Abdullah in Jordan and the monarchies in

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Bahrain and the regimes in Tunisia, Libya.

Erdogan's domestic economic policies have failed and his foreign policy has flipped and flopped along with his delusions and mood swings. A strong ally of Israel, then its enemy, now back to trying to make amends. An ally of Russia, then an enemy, now an ally again. The same with Iran, Hezbollah and Syria. He was the biggest supporter of Iran and Syria, then their enemy, now their ally again.

This is also someone who has flipped and flopped his alliances with Germany, France, Britain and now it appears the US/.

He is now emersed in war with ISIL and at the same time involved in a war with ISIL's no.1 enemy, the Kurds who Iran also is at war with.

He's flipped and flopped alienating France, Britain and Germany with mixed messages.

What is also interesting is Erdogan has now turned on Obama and supports Putin again even though he is in Nato.

Was their really a coups or was it staged? I think it was staged.

I believe he staged it to give him a cover to arrest thousands of journalists and perceived enemies and cause chaos to the upper echelon and chain of command in the Turkish Armed Forces to prevent is generals from organizing a coups of him no different then what happened with Morsi.

I believe Obama foreign policies are related to the rise of Erdogan and I believe a true military coups is only a matter of time and as early as the next 6 months to a year if he's not assassinated by a Putin Agent, some CIA dude, an Iranian, a Kurd, etc.

It also does not seem like Hilary Clinton despite being an Obama clone is fond of Erdogan so he probably is anticipating without Obama around, he better turn to Putin who openly hates Clinton as his benefactor now.

Clinton interestingly and her husband are deeply paid for and financed by Iran and China in past and their present campaign so who the hell knows how that will impact on him.

My bet is Erdogan is assassinated within a year or so.

Edited by Rue

Some developments.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37169947

Turkey has ordered residents in the town of Karkamis to evacuate after it was hit by mortars from so-called Islamic State militants in Syria.

Karkamis lies just across the border from Jarablus, an IS-held town which Turkish-backed rebels are expected to try to capture in the coming days.

A rebel force is massed in the area and preparing the offensive.

Turkey blames IS for a bomb attack that killed dozens of people in the south of the country at the weekend.

Turkey seems to be ready for some offensive moves into Syria.

Some developments.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37169947

Turkey seems to be ready for some offensive moves into Syria.

I agree, but in what uniform? To go after rebel Kurds, to fight ISIS, to assist Assad on his Northern Flank, as a member of the American alliance, to bolster Russian influence? The longer this complicated civil war between Sunni and Shiite continues the more murky become the alliances and goals.

I would like to see Canada to review just what position it is taking and who are are friends and who are our enemies. Until then, we should pull out and analyse this multi war from a distance.

I agree, but in what uniform? To go after rebel Kurds, to fight ISIS, to assist Assad on his Northern Flank, as a member of the American alliance, to bolster Russian influence? The longer this complicated civil war between Sunni and Shiite continues the more murky become the alliances and goals.

I would like to see Canada to review just what position it is taking and who are are friends and who are our enemies. Until then, we should pull out and analyse this multi war from a distance.

That's not going to happen since Turkey is a part of NATO and was made to be a logistical and strategic starting point by NATO.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/turkey-troops-tanks-isis-syria-us-rebels-jarablus-border/

So Turkey now has tanks in Syria going on the 'offense' with US backed rebels and Turkish special forces.

What a mess, who's the good guys and who are the bad guys?? And why does it seem we are helping both sides, directly or not, intentionally or not, that seems to be the case.

So here is a conundrum

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37212256\

Turkish forces and allied factions of the rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) forced IS out of the Syrian border city of Jarablus on Wednesday and have since pounded neighbouring villages held by Kurdish-led, US-backed Syria Democratic Forces (SDF).

From Syria's POV the Free Syrian Army, I would tag the FSA as a terror group. Now they are attacking Syria and trying to push back ISIS, but they are also being counter productive by attacking the US backed Kurds in the area.

How can we make progress when the line between the enemy and ally seems to be blurred and confusing of to who the bad guys really are.

If Syria decided to go full tilt into Turkey, there is no way Turkey can cry foul. I suspect more terror attacks in Turkey resulting from this.

It's been mentioned here but not made into it's own thread. So let's talk Turkey and try to figure out where the hell that nation is going.

We've seen many incidents in Turkey which is bringing it down the road of a failed state. I could try to pinpoint the time when Turkey started to play a critical role in bringing Syria down under the NATO banner.

The time when Turkey started going downhill was the day Erdogan got elected. He's got Trump's narcissism and arrogance and Putin's honesty and integrity.

He restarted the war with his Kurdish minority after the Kurdish HDP took away so many votes in the election that Erdogan's party failed to win a majority. Think about the ruthlessness of that. He restarted the war with the Kurds, resulting in hundreds of deaths, so he could profit politically, get his majority, and rewrite the constitution to make himself all powerful.

This reminds me of how Putin restarted the war with Chechnya for the same purpose. It worked in both cases, too.

Erdogan is in the process of eliminating the last traces of democracy in Turkey, having already pretty much eliminated all free press (again, must like Putin did in Russia) and is weeding out from the military, police, judiciary, schools and public service anyone he suspects isn't loyal to his Islamist party. The corruption in Turkey is rising, and while they don't have the oil wealth of Russia Erdogan and his friends are making out like bandits. Erodgoan now lives in a new thousand room palace courtesy of the Turkish taxpayer, and thinks of himself as a sultan. Meanwhile Turkey's secular nature is being eroded so that it can be turned into another backwards Islamist state.

The time when Turkey started going downhill was the day Erdogan got elected. He's got Trump's narcissism and arrogance and Putin's honesty and integrity.

He restarted the war with his Kurdish minority after the Kurdish HDP took away so many votes in the election that Erdogan's party failed to win a majority. Think about the ruthlessness of that. He restarted the war with the Kurds, resulting in hundreds of deaths, so he could profit politically, get his majority, and rewrite the constitution to make himself all powerful.

This reminds me of how Putin restarted the war with Chechnya for the same purpose. It worked in both cases, too.

Erdogan is in the process of eliminating the last traces of democracy in Turkey, having already pretty much eliminated all free press (again, must like Putin did in Russia) and is weeding out from the military, police, judiciary, schools and public service anyone he suspects isn't loyal to his Islamist party. The corruption in Turkey is rising, and while they don't have the oil wealth of Russia Erdogan and his friends are making out like bandits. Erodgoan now lives in a new thousand room palace courtesy of the Turkish taxpayer, and thinks of himself as a sultan. Meanwhile Turkey's secular nature is being eroded so that it can be turned into another backwards Islamist state.

Are you Turk ? Your post is horrible. Appearently Western media is quite succesfull about washing Western people's brains.

Edited by Altai

Are you Turk ? Your post is horrible. Appearently Western media is quite succesfull about washing Western people's brains.

No, but then western media isn't controlled by Erdogan's party. I suppose someone reading Turkish media would think all that stuff is wrong. But then, how would you know any better given you read and see and hear nothing but what the sultan tells you.

No, but then western media isn't controlled by Erdogan's party. I suppose someone reading Turkish media would think all that stuff is wrong. But then, how would you know any better given you read and see and hear nothing but what the sultan tells you.

I think this proposition is much more available for Western people. They are deliberately misinformed by their own state controlled media organs against Turkiye and other Muslim countries. The big part and the strongest media organs in Turkiye is owned and controlled by anti-government institutions or persons.

I think this proposition is much more available for Western people. They are deliberately misinformed by their own state controlled media organs against Turkiye and other Muslim countries. The big part and the strongest media organs in Turkiye is owned and controlled by anti-government institutions or persons.

Really? Name these major independent media organs. From what I have read and seen, from Turkish sources as well as western media like the BBC European News, The Telegraph, and the New York Times, all major Turkish media are in the hands of the government and government friends. Many Turkish journalists are in prison or have fled the country. Turkey's crackdown on independent media reminds me strongly of when this happened in Russia, as Putin and his friends took over all major media and turned them into pro-government propaganda organs.

Edited by Argus

Really? Name these major independent media organs. From what I have read and seen, from Turkish sources as well as western media like the BBC European News, The Telegraph, and the New York Times, all major Turkish media are in the hands of the government and government friends. Many Turkish journalists are in prison or have fled the country. Turkey's crackdown on independent media reminds me strongly of when this happened in Russia, as Putin and his friends took over all major media and turned them into pro-government propaganda organs.

You are misinformed. Sorry that I cant advice you a reliable Western media organ to follow because all of them makes false propaganda news about my country. For example today they said that Turkiye have signed a peace deal with PYD terror organization, while we are actively bombing them. They are amazing when it comes to lie, like a lying machine. Dogan Media is one of the strongest company in Turkiye and they are anti govt. Some journalists are detained or jailed because of violating constitution, noone of them are jailed because of they criticize government as you are told by your media. For example a few days ago a "journalist" threated people from his Twitter account with terror actions and was found out that he fled abroad, Probably your media would make news about him with such a title "Poor Turkish journalist had to flee abroad because of his opinions about Turkish democracy."

Edited by Altai

Welcomed to the forum, fascinated to hear a Turk's perspective on things in the world.

You are misinformed. Sorry that I cant advice you a reliable Western media organ to follow because all of them makes false propaganda news about my country.

Really? You actually believe all western media are making 'propaganda' against Turkey? Why? Unlike in your country they can't be pressured by the government, shut down with phony tax notices or be arrested for annoying their governments.

For example today they said that Turkiye have signed a peace deal with PYD terror organization, while we are actively bombing them.

No, there were some initial reports quoting the US government but they were later denied.

They are amazing when it comes to lie, like a lying machine.

Drivel. Your own media is almost completely owned by the government and friends of the government. This is well known. Erdogan is taking his cues in how to establish himself as dictator for life from Vladimir Putin.

Some journalists are detained or jailed because of violating constitution,

How does a journalist violate the constitution? A constitution is a set of rules which says what government can and cannot do. It says nothing about journalists or other private citizens. Apparently you simply accept whatever your government tells you without question. That's sad.

Welcomed to the forum, fascinated to hear a Turk's perspective on things in the world.

You would get he same view from a Putin loyalist in Russia. All they know is what their government tells them and they believe it without question.

The West is dumb. Why don't they save themselves a huge PR mess with Muslims and folks at home and just fund other Muslim countries to fight the war for them? Pay Turkey to drop the bombs where you want them dropped.

Pay Turkey to drop bombs on ISIS when they've been backing ISIS? Unlikely.