Accommodating male/female segregation for Muslims?

We are told that our culture should not take precedence over all others and not be pushed on them and their cultures and traditions.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

We do not accept many aspects of other cultures, but we do no lump the benign ones in with everything else. Our culture respects the individual, and we ensure that is pushed onto them. If an individual chooses to dress a certain way, we respect that, we do impose our cultural dress onto them. Those who try are the barbarians who belong in other cultures.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

you claimed before that hejab is not a symbol of oppression of women and suppression of women's right but refused to answer to my post which asked you twice so I copy and paste a third time as below:

But You want to see that hejab is a symbol of oppression then travel to those countries where they forcefully put hejab on women's head or forced them to cover their faces in the heat of the summer. Where women are arrested and put in jail or subject to lashes and worse simply for refusing to wear this symbol of oppression. If you are too lazy to travel then read about it since there are plenty about this symbol of oppression on the net. If you can travel then Speak to those women and they are millions Where women are beaten and sometimes murdered in so called honor killing for refusing to wear burka.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

We do not accept many aspects of other cultures, but we do no lump the benign ones in with everything else. Our culture respects the individual, and we ensure that is pushed onto them. If an individual chooses to dress a certain way, we respect that, we do impose our cultural dress onto them. Those who try are the barbarians who belong in other cultures.

A fine example on multicultural Canadian brainwashing, thanks libs. It's not a choice, you have been told why, but you just can't accept the truth of it.

you claimed before that hejab is not a symbol of oppression of women and suppression of women's right but refused to answer to my post which asked you twice so I copy and paste a third time as below:

Copy and paste all you like, but this is not about other countries, it is about Canada where you want to forcefully remove the Hijab from women in order to oppress them. Yes, advocate all you want about fixing the problems in other countries, but don't create more in mine.

Copy and paste all you like, but this is not about other countries, it is about Canada where you want to forcefully remove the Hijab from women in order to oppress them. Yes, advocate all you want about fixing the problems in other countries, but don't create more in mine.

Hejab is a symbol of oppression not in another galaxy but on this planet and here in Canada too where under family pressure many have to wear this symbol of oppression.

As for your statement that I want to forcefully remove the hejab from women you are as much a liar as your right wing bawdiest!!!!y.

Women's choice is first and foremost above everything else. Banning women from wearing hejab if she freely chooses to do so is as bad as forcing a woman to wear a hejab. If we impose our way on any woman (banning her from wearing a hejab) we are no better than those fascist fanatics who force a woman to wear a hejab.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

A fine example on multicultural Canadian brainwashing, thanks libs. It's not a choice, you have been told why, but you just can't accept the truth of it.

So it's ok to force someone to wear or not wear certain articles of clothing?

Oppressed woman: "My family insists I wear a hijab when not in the company of my family. This is important to them because of religion/family honor. If I do not wear it, they will be disappointed and there will be conflict. I will wear it because I don't want to fight with my family."

Feminist supporter: "You are wearing a hijab! Take it off, or break the law and suffer the consequences!"

Oppressed woman: "I thought Canada was a free country, where women were not dictated to by the government about what they can wear!"

Feminist supporter: "You don't understand. If you wear a hijab, you wear your oppression for all to see! Even if you don't think you are oppressed, we know better. If you wear a hijab, you put us all back in the dark ages! You undo the work of feminists for years past! You support misogyny.

Oppressed woman: "But, what am I do to? I must wear the hijab, or my family will be disappointed in me!"

Feminist supporter: "No, you can be free not to wear it. That's what you really want isn't it? You can leave your family, if you have to. Go to a transition house, or maybe get a job and live on your own! Just think of the freedom you'll have - no more hijab and no more oppression!"

Oppressed woman: "But I love my family, and they love me. I don't want to leave them."

Feminist supporter: "What? You love your family? That's ridiculous, they oppress you by making you wear the hijab. How could you possibly love them? You should be grateful for this chance to get out from under their thumb, to live life as a free woman. Probably they beat you, too and has your father tried have sex with you? How old are you? Are you under 16, because if you are they'll be trying to marry you off!"

Oppressed woman: "Neither my father, nor my family has never laid a hand on me, and I'm 21 and in university!"

Feminist supporter: "Doesn't matter, you wear the hijab therefore you are oppressed and your family/religion oppresses you. We don't like to see that, so we insist you wear what we like to see women wearing. Do it, or face the consequences! Our freedom will not be threatened by the likes of an oppressed woman such as yourself!"

Oppressed women: "So my choices are - stay at home 24/7, or fight with my family, or leave my family."

Feminist oppressor: "Yes, you finally understand! We do not want to see the hijab, and that is the most important thing. Now, don't you feel better and freer?"

I was listening to "Knocking on Heavens Door" and although the Wikipedia on this mentions it was about some Sheriff dying, I thought it related to the Holocaust and to Germany's requirement that they had to wear 'badges' or indicators that identified Jews with clarity. So to the dying in this song, I thought it was about what someone might think as they realize they are being gased to death.

Okay, so I'm likely wrong. But as I am free to interpret it as such based on how Germany required Jews to be 'forced' to wear a symbol of identity in Germany then, I think this might be worth comparing with regards to those who optionally CHOOSE to wear something that identifies them or to be forced.

So my question is this: Imagine if some Jew in Germany at the time opted to wear an identifying "badge", like a burka tends to do. In the same crowd and circumstances of the day, would that person be acceptable to other Jews for doing so or would this be considered relatively stupid to do so? Extending this to the concern of others, like children of those opting to wear their identifier, would it be justified for other Jews to question those parents for their 'freedom' to choose to wear what they want considering it would inevitably harm their children as they are required to conform with their parents philosophy on this?

Similar to the above posters mentioning about how it would [be] doubly abusive to the children to discourage them from wearing such identifiers as they would be confused at who has their best interest, should we say nothing in such an atmosphere of concern?

The issue here seems to be about whether society should be concerned of those who stand out relative to others when one wears things that openly identify themselves in light of how their 'badges' represent conflicting 'positive' versus 'negative' ideas to different groups of people. It reminds me too of Cartman's choice to be Hitler for Halloween in "South Park". The staff suggested he wear something less troublesome and generic, like a sheet over his head with two holes cut into them to be a ghost. But then he looked like a Ku Klux Klansman!!

Edited by Scott Mayers

I was listening to "Knocking on Heavens Door" and although the Wikipedia on this mentions it was about some Sheriff dying, I thought it related to the Holocaust and to Germany's requirement that they had to wear 'badges' or indicators that identified Jews with clarity. So to the dying in this song, I thought it was about what someone might think as they realize they are being gased to death.

Okay, so I'm likely wrong. But as I am free to interpret it as such based on how Germany required Jews to be 'forced' to wear a symbol of identity in Germany then, I think this might be worth comparing with regards to those who optionally CHOOSE to wear something that identifies them or to be forced.

So my question is this: Imagine if some Jew in Germany at the time opted to wear an identifying "badge", like a burka tends to do. In the same crowd and circumstances of the day, would that person be acceptable to other Jews for doing so or would this be considered relatively stupid to do so? Extending this to the concern of others, like children of those opting to wear their identifier, would it be justified for other Jews to question those parents for their 'freedom' to choose to wear what they want considering it would inevitably harm their children as they are required to conform with their parents philosophy on this?

Similar to the above posters mentioning about how it would doubly abusive to the children to discourage them from wearing such identifiers as they would be confused at who has their best interest, should we say nothing in such an atmosphere of concern?

The issue here seems to be about whether society should be concerned of those who stand out relative to others when one wears things that openly identify themselves in light of how their 'badges' represent conflicting 'positive' versus 'negative' ideas to different groups of people. It reminds me too of Cartman's choice to be Hitler for Halloween in "South Park". The staff suggested he wear something less troublesome and generic, like a sheet over his head with two holes cut into them to be a ghost. But then he looked like a Ku Klux Klansman!!

I'd say the major difference was that the identifying mark was imposed by an authority outside Judaism, so they could easily be identified. The hijab is from within that community. A better comparison would be if the Germans insisted that the Jews not wear something, in order to make them less recognizable to those outside their community. But that didn't happen.

Further the hijab doesn't tell you if that individual is wearing it by choice, or even against her family's wishes, or if she is actually being forced to wear it against her own wishes. Chances may be the latter, but you can't tell just by looking at her. On the other hand, the Jews were being marked for oppression.

Edited by dialamah

I'd say the major difference was that the identifying mark was imposed by an authority outside Judaism, so they could easily be identified. The hijab is from within that community. A better comparison would be if the Germans insisted that the Jews not wear something, in order to make them less recognizable to those outside their community. But that didn't happen.

Further the hijab doesn't tell you if that individual is wearing it by choice, or even against her family's wishes, or if she is actually being forced to wear it against her own wishes. Chances may be the latter, but you can't tell just by looking at her. On the other hand, the Jews were being marked for oppression.

Yes, I was trying to use the point about the children of the parents who CHOSE to wear badges as though in honor of who they are regardless of the general symbolizing it represented to others in the Jewish community considering that the society at large (Germany) treated it derogatorily.

In other words, this relates to those who might think that women appearing to 'opt' to wear hijab's to many is a symbol openly asserting support for what outsiders interpret as derogatory towards women, like those children of parents who require them to follow their parent's "religion".

Unintentionally, it is like Cartman's naivety and then the further naivety that occurred BY the staff trying to repair his costume. Your damned if you say something or damned if you try to repair it.

Edited by Scott Mayers

The issue here seems to be about whether society should be concerned of those who stand out relative to others when one wears things that openly identify themselves in light of how their 'badges' represent conflicting 'positive' versus 'negative' ideas

No, the issue is whether we should adapt aspects of our culture and society, such as swim classes for kids, in order to suit the extremely conservative social views of Muslims which do not believe males and females should associate with one another outside of family.

Edited by Argus

No, the issue is whether we should adapt aspects of our culture and society, such as swim classes for kids, in order to suit the extremely conservative social views of Muslims which do not believe males and females should associate with one another outside of family.

No they should adopt because they have chosen to come here full knowing we do not segregate.

I can't believe how some people throwing baseless accusations without knowing anything about the poster. I have been called Muslim fanatic, ISIS supporter, Iran supporter, internationalist communist, Marxist and now anti-Muslim!!!! God knows what would be next!!!!!

What is wrong with calling you an Iran supporter? I can quote numerous posts you've made on the subject. You, on the other hand, cannot quote any where you are called an ISIS supporter.

I can't believe how some people throwing baseless accusations without knowing anything about the poster. I have been called Muslim fanatic, ISIS supporter, Iran supporter, internationalist communist, Marxist and now anti-Muslim!!!! God knows what would be next!!!!!

the most famous one : ANTI SEMITIC

We segregate folks, eh?

Back of the bus, you...

Care to provide some examples?

Brainwashing British newspaper link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3512630/German-train-operator-begins-women-carriages-fears-migrant-attacks.html

Normal link : https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/29/german-railway-company-introduces-women-only-carriages/

Edited by Altai

Try and register your son at Elmwood, or your daughter at St. Andrew's College.

Private (prestigious) girl's schools (advertised as such) are a bit different than state sponsored segregation of the sexes. Don't you think so?

Edited by DogOnPorch

I see, sexual segregation is prestigious in your mind.

It's not segregation when voluntary. The whole point is the secular/liberal rules being changed to suit the religious laws of certain religions. That is: ALL boys going to boys schools by order....not you sending your son to Morningwood Academy.

By Muslim men if I'm not mistaken.

By "men", not "muslim men". I remember that last time a Turkish girl was murdered in Germany while trying to protect German girls who were being molested by three "non-muslim" men. So if you are going to link the issue to religious believes, I can share many examples but we dont do such things. We are not brainwashed such as you and we dont hate people such as you. For example just a few days ago a pedophilia organization with about 100.000 members in Europe was unveiled by police, I am searching for the link, I will share if I find.

Stop it ! Women are being attacked everywhere. US is one of the countries where women are being harrashed mostly.

Edited by Altai