Accommodating male/female segregation for Muslims?

Canon = Hadith?

Certainly there are a lot of similarities. The canons were written in Latin, and at least up until very recently translations were forbidden. In fact at one time translations of the Bible were forbidden. William Tyndall, the man who is responsible for about 90% of the translation of the King James Bible, was strangled and burned at the stake near Brussels in October 6th, 1536 for his effort.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did your free media also say that she was training PKK-PYD terrorists in Syria and in Turkiye about how to fight against Turkish security forces in city conflicts, trapping bomb on roads and in civilian homes, how to provoke civlian people against security forces or did your free media tell you that she was team mate with other British agents, did your free media also tell you that she defines herself as "freedom fighter" ?

Did your free media also say that she was training PKK-PYD terrorists in Syria and in Turkiye about how to fight against Turkish security forces in city conflicts, trapping bomb on roads and in civilian homes, how to provoke civlian people against security forces or did your free media tell you that she was team mate with other British agents, did your free media also tell you that she defines herself as "freedom fighter" ?

Can you provide links for those claims?

And Islam defines the world into two camps, the house of peace, which is Islam, and the house of war, which is all other lands. Therefore, anyone who is an infidel in another land can be construed as being at war with Islam is a legitimate victim of rape.

There is no such terms in Quran. Quran forbids offensive fights, you cant fight someone as long as they dont fight you. I have explained this before in another topic.

The 1917 Code of Canon Law, canon 1262, stated:

1. It is desirable that, consistent with ancient discipline, women be separated from men in church.

In church, not in society. And once again, you progressives, in your frantic need to support fundamentalist Islam, harken back to archaic laws which were rarely paid much attention to in Canada anyway. I would also remind you there is no instrument within Islam to change the current interpretation of the koran. It was marked as godly and perfect centuries ago, and questioning it is heresy and blasphemy and can bring the death penalty in some countries.

We have done a lot in the last 50 years, that's for sure - even outside of the Catholic faith. I'm all too happy to drag the less advanced societies into the modern age, kick and scream as they might. :)

That prohibition was largely ignored for a long, long time. And no, you are most definitely NOT happy to drag the less advanced societies forward for you have dedicated enormous time and effort to defend their views.

And once again, you progressives, in your frantic need to support fundamentalist Islam, harken back to archaic laws

In force until 1983.

Nothing I have ever said is to support Islam, let alone fundamentalist Islam. I think all religious people are complete nitwads. I am simply pointing out that we have been living with those nitwads for a long time.

Did your free media also say that she was training PKK-PYD terrorists in Syria and in Turkiye about how to fight against Turkish security forces in city conflicts,

Notwithstanding the fact she had no military training and that if you were going to train military people in a Muslim country you would be wise to use a man to do it, not some woman.

This is a ludicrous claim, in case I haven't made it clear.

In force until 1983.

Bullshit. In force the same way so many archaic laws are 'in force' in Canada, because nobody has bothered to get rid of them even though they're never used.

I've spent time in Catholic churches well before 1983. I went to Catholic school in the 1960s. There was never any attempt to segregate boys from girls even when we walked up the street to church from school, and no attempt to segregate men from women on Sundays.

Nothing I have ever said is to support Islam, let alone fundamentalist Islam.

You support the spread of fundamentalist Islam in the same way all the nay sayers before WW2 supported the growth and expansion of Hitler's Germany, by fighting tooth and nail against anyone who pointed out the coming problem or wanted to prepare for it, by defending Hitler and saying he really isn't a bad fellow, and Germany poses no threat and the only threats were those evil conservatives who were making waves by being unfriendly towards him. Such people continued to mock and sneer at anyone who wanted to challenge Hitler right up until the very end. They were Lenin's useful idiots, and I have no doubt fundamentalist Muslims think of progressives in the same way.

Edited by Argus

Did your free media also say that she was training PKK-PYD terrorists in Syria and in Turkiye

I can tell by over the top language of your claims that it is most likely a complete fiction (your claims sound like a cheap propaganda pamphlet rather than an account of actual facts).

Other sources I have read indicate that Turkey labels anyone who even attempts to learn about the PKK is a "terrorist". Which gives even more reason to doubt that your claims have any merit even if there come from a media outlet in Turkey that has been bullied into being a propaganda arm for Erdogan (throwing journalists in jail for offending the 'dear leader' frequently has that effect).

by defending Hitler and saying he really isn't a bad fellow

Give one, just one, example of me defending someone with fundamentalist views. In fact just give me one example of defending Islam. I have never once, I think Islam is a sham. I am simply pointing out that Catholicism (etc.) is also a sham. What I defend are people, your average everyday mom, pop, and kids that are caught up in your hatred against Islam. As I have pointed out before, incarcerated Canadians are not representative of our population as a whole and neither is ISIS representative of Muslims as a whole. I see people as individuals and don't project my prejudices onto someone because of the colour of their skin, the country they were born, or the religion they practice.

Give one, just one, example of me defending someone with fundamentalist views. I

Every post you've made on this topic. They're all designed to ward off criticism of fundamentalist Muslims and their backward views and to defend them from any and all attempts at persuading such people to amend their ways.

Conservatives in Canada are the ones trying to get them to adapt to our ways. Progressives are the ones shouting "No, no! You have a right to your wonderful culture! Ignore those racists!"

Edited by Argus

I can tell by over the top language of your claims that it is most likely a complete fiction (your claims sound like a cheap propaganda pamphlet rather than an account of actual facts).

Other sources I have read indicate that Turkey labels anyone who even attempts to learn about the PKK is a "terrorist". Which gives even more reason to doubt that your claims have any merit even if there come from a media outlet in Turkey that has been bullied into being a propaganda arm for Erdogan (throwing journalists in jail for offending the 'dear leader' frequently has that effect).

I dont discuss the correctness of the news. It may be true or false.

I want to learn that could a media organ make such a news in US ? For example we dont have any news agencies in US. Could we open a newspaper there and publish whatever we want ? : )))

Give one, just one, example of me defending someone with fundamentalist views. In fact just give me one example of defending Islam. I have never once, I think Islam is a sham. I am simply pointing out that Catholicism (etc.) is also a sham. What I defend are people, your average everyday mom, pop, and kids that are caught up in your hatred against Islam. As I have pointed out before, incarcerated Canadians are not representative of our population as a whole and neither is ISIS representative of Muslims as a whole. I see people as individuals and don't project my prejudices onto someone because of the colour of their skin, the country they were born, or the religion they practice.

It's not that fundamentalist views are defended. It's that the pointing out of such views is considered wrong, and must be countered with examples of behaviour by other religions that are just not comparable.

It doesn't matter what Catholics used to do, or what their writings say. They are not comparable in murder, mayhem and just general overall bigoted nastiness to the Islam of today.

Obviously, I'm only talking about bad Islam. Not good Islam. (If it's obvious, I shouldn't have to say it, I know, but I thought it best)

In church, not in society. And once again, you progressives, in your frantic need to support fundamentalist Islam, harken back to archaic laws which were rarely paid much attention to in Canada anyway. I would also remind you there is no instrument within Islam to change the current interpretation of the koran. It was marked as godly and perfect centuries ago, and questioning it is heresy and blasphemy and can bring the death penalty in some countries.

33 years, not that archaic. Why do you continually try to whitewash and rationalize what Western culture did, and does? We're still fighting our way out of the dark ages, yanno.

33 years, not that archaic. Why do you continually try to whitewash and rationalize what Western culture did, and does? We're still fighting our way out of the dark ages, yanno.

In the UK, you are breaking the law if you act suspiciously with a salmon.

Well, that's a start toward civilization anyway. :)

True, but my point was that, just because something is written doesn't mean anyone is paying attention. It's the attention that matters.

No, you are talking about bad - PERIOD! There are bad people all over the world, don't get them confused with some demographic.

No, I'm talking about Islam. Just like you were talking about Catholics.