Military Coup in Turkey

Bonam

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....film makers were arrested for less.

That's the blackmail, either way. Hand over the cleric or you can forget using Turkish bases. NATO, eh?

:lol:

The US court system is not answerable to the US government, and it will have to allow any extradition. You can't deport someone to a place like Turkey, which has no independent court system, and which has an autocratic president who has already denounced that individual and pronounced him guilty, without a lot of very, very careful scrutiny from the courts.

The US court system is not answerable to the US government, and it will have to allow any extradition. You can't deport someone to a place like Turkey, which has no independent court system, and which has an autocratic president who has already denounced that individual and pronounced him guilty, without a lot of very, very careful scrutiny from the courts.

Extraordinary Rendition. No need for courts.

I really haven't seen pictures of dead French children plastered across the media to provide the needed guilt trip. Perhaps next attack, eh?

I'm sure you'll be one of the first to start plastering them given all the vids of these things that you apparently like looking at.

I suspect a few attacks against us will only inspire us to join Europe's rage trip.

I'm sure you'll be one of the first to start plastering them given all the vids of these things that you apparently like looking at.

I suspect a few attacks against us will only inspire us to join Europe's rage trip.

Personal attack by member eyeball.

Dead Syrian kids placed in the surf for cameras...no problemo.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Personal attack by member eyeball.

Dead Syrian kids placed in the surf for cameras...no problemo.

Except the problemo of showing where that ever actually happened. Maybe Katie Hopkins can help you with that.

Attack of a rabid lie by member eyeball you mean.

The US government overwhelmingly support the right to drone-kill suspects. How would they feel if Turkey did it in the US?

Would Turkey Be Justified in Kidnapping or Drone-Killing the Turkish Cleric in Pennsylvania?

The US doesn't drone kill people in other countries without the agreement of those countries. And I doubt Turkey would be capable of organizing a rendition without the US police interfering.

If you listen to the Turkish government there were 85 generals and admirals involved in that pathetic coup attempt, and if that's the best planning 85 Turkish generals and admirals are capable of they couldn't organize an orgy in a whorehouse.

The US doesn't drone kill people in other countries without the agreement of those countries. And I doubt Turkey would be capable of organizing a rendition without the US police interfering.

Incorrect. Pakistan made numerous complaints against the US for their drone use within Pakistan. Drones have been used in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and elsewhere without those nations consent.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/22/pakistan-us-drone-strike-taliban-violated-its-sovereignty

This is just in Pakistan alone:

Pakistan's Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif, has repeatedly demanded an end to the strikes, stating: "The use of drones is not only a continual violation of our territorial integrity but also detrimental to our resolve and efforts at eliminating terrorism from our country".The Peshawar High Court has ruled that the attacks are illegal, inhumane, violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and constitute a war crime

Link

Before listening to the voices in your head, check to see if that information is correct before sharing it with people.

If you listen to the Turkish government there were 85 generals and admirals involved in that pathetic coup attempt, and if that's the best planning 85 Turkish generals and admirals are capable of they couldn't organize an orgy in a whorehouse.

I hear you buddy! Those Turks sure are stupid and backwards. Because they just don't have the intelligence of us Europeans to plan and accomplish a real coup. They are so pathetic.

This guy agrees with us as well:

Edited by Hudson Jones

It is embarassing for NATO to have a member like Turkey but its location is so crucial that the talks of kicking Turkey out of the alliance unless they mend their ways is just fantasy.

It is embarassing for NATO to have a member like Turkey but its location is so crucial that the talks of kicking Turkey out of the alliance unless they mend their ways is just fantasy.

A fantasy indeed. There would then be a NATO void and you are going to have several rebel groups plus other players like Russia, Iran, ISIS. I do believe more terror attacks are going to take place in Turkey. And you can bet a good deal of those involved in the coup are going to meet an early grave.

With each nation in the area falling the degradation will accelerate. Call me a pessimist, realist, whatever, all I see on the horizon is more war.

Incorrect. Pakistan made numerous complaints against the US for their drone use within Pakistan. Drones have been used in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and elsewhere without those nations consent.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/22/pakistan-us-drone-strike-taliban-violated-its-sovereignty

Pakistan made public complaints while making private deals. Who do you think was feeding the US most of its targeting data?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-24649840

Edited by Argus

While our attention was on the Republican Party freak-show in Cleveland, Sultan Recep the Tayyip of Erdogan's Counter/Coup purges has continued apace: so far 15000 educators, 9000 police officers, 6000 military personnel, 3000 judges--similar psychotic paranoia in the course of the Stalinist purges culminated in the Gulag camps in the 1930s through 1950s--neither that so-called coup was for democracy, nor these Stalinist purges are signs of anything but a blunt and open countercoup-- both the coup and the countercoup are deliberate assaults against Turkish democratic aspirations--as that coup fortunately failed so will this countercoup --the AKP in Turkey and the Republican Party in the US are now both led by two loose canons--

Edited by marcus

“Everything is being Arabized,” said Karaca Borar, who owns an antiques shop on one of the crooked, cobbled streets in European Istanbul, and supplied many of the items that fill a nearby museum owned by Mr. Pamuk that is based on his novel “Museum of Innocence.”

He said he was tired of hearing the Arabic greeting of “salaam aleikum” on the streets, and tired of so many Syrians in general. (It is a widely shared sentiment: When Mr. Erdogan recently said Turkey should offer citizenship to Syrians, a right-wing secular newspaper called Syrians “vermin” in a front-page headline.)

Asked about the mood of the city, which before the coup attempt had faced several devastating terrorist attacks for which the Islamic State was blamed, Mr. Borar said, “Terrible, terrible, terrible.”

“We’re not happy,” he said. “I’m not at ease.”

He continued: “We were the only secular, decent country in a bad region. Now, we are like one of those Arab states.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/wo...coup.html?_r=0

...--neither that so-called coup was for democracy, nor these Stalinist purges are signs of anything but a blunt and open countercoup-- both the coup and the countercoup are deliberate assaults against Turkish democratic aspirations-...

It will be interesting to see what direction Turkey takes. The army is no longer in control. It is still in a war against the Kurds and fighting in alliance with the Kurds against ISIS. Will Turkey now embrace Russia and look favorably at Assad? With a new death penalty will Turkey thumb its nose at the EU and NATO and ally with Putin?

The initial common theme by the media was that Turkey was now going to turn away from radical Islam but Erdogan is moving towards an Islamist state.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-president-erdogan-islam-akp-government-a7142836.html

Some media are treating this coup of a coup a good thing while others report that this is bad news for the Turkish people and the West. Not sure yet what direction Erdogan is taking his nation.

It will be interesting to see what direction Turkey takes. The army is no longer in control. It is still in a war against the Kurds and fighting in alliance with the Kurds against ISIS. Will Turkey now embrace Russia and look favorably at Assad? With a new death penalty will Turkey thumb its nose at the EU and NATO and ally with Putin?

The initial common theme by the media was that Turkey was now going to turn away from radical Islam but Erdogan is moving towards an Islamist state.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-president-erdogan-islam-akp-government-a7142836.html

Some media are treating this coup of a coup a good thing while others report that this is bad news for the Turkish people and the West. Not sure yet what direction Erdogan is taking his nation.

I'd say he's moving towards an Erdoganist state.

The clamp down continues

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/21/turkish-lawmakers-set-to-give-erdogan-sweeping-new-powers-after-failed-coup.html

Under the Turkish Constitution, the emergency measures allow the government to "partially or entirely" suspend "the exercise of fundamental rights and freedoms," so long as that doesn't violate international law obligations. Lawmakers can sanction a state of emergency for a period of up to six months.

So when do we cut ties with Turkey? OR better yet when will NATO bring freedom to Turkey?

I'd say he's moving towards an Erdoganist state.

At this point we know he has strong Muslim views but not like Saudi Arabia or Iran. They are based on the Muslim Brotherhood which defines

Islam mixing modern and ancient concepts. It is based on a networking structure that mimics the free Mason strucrture. Many founding

Muslim Brotherhood were Masons, then took the Mason type structure and reinvented it as an exclusive network for Muslims to connect

with one another to form power circles.

His ideology rejects the concept of monarchs, i.e., all the Gulf state monarchs, Saudi Arabia, and it sees Islam as needing to come into the 22nd century by embracing certain Western approaches to free enterprise and markets. It again in that sense, plagerizes a bit from Ismailis in a vision of how

to be successful business wise but unlike Ismailis it clings to certain fundamentalist concepts such as non Muslims are not equal to Muslims and women

are not equal to men and the colour system i.e., the shade of skin and how white you look defines where you sit on the ladder or hierarchy of power.

Erdogan's beliefs in their basic and fundamental form are anti democratic-they imitate Stalin, Nasser, Hussein, Ghaddafi, a model of leader who uses

brutal force to crush opposition. Academics, trade unionists, the conventional military, the civil service are all suspected.

Erdogan is another Muslim inspired sociopath dictator. They come and go since the beginning of Islamic society. Nothing new about it.