Canada must help displaced helpless defenseless Yezidi girls.

That's nice, but what is so special about "Yazidi girls" compared to other victims ? Africans have been dealing Boko Haram longer than ISIS, and they have raped, tortured, and killed far more people, including "girls".

No "passion and care" for Africans ?

Before it was First Nation girls were of equal priority (to be brought in to Canada and once you found out how ridiculous you sound then you change the target to African girls!!!!! Are you trying to sabotage the efforts to help Yazidi girls?

I have already answered your question. There are millions needing help. We cannot help them all or take them all. We have to prioritize. In my view Yezidi girls have the highest priority and the leader of the opposition agrees with me and for the reasons I stated. They are about 400,000 Yazidis half of them females. It is practical to bring them over. How many African girls are in Africa? Are they being burned alive or targeted for their race? You want me to open a thread asking Canada to bring over all African girls into Canada?

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before it was First Nation girls were of equal priority (to be brought in to Canada and once you found out how ridiculous you sound then you change the target to African girls!!!!! Are you trying to sabotage the efforts t help Yazidi girls?

No...I referred to other nationals early on, including Africans and Canadians. Nice try....

I have already answered your question. There are millions needing help. We cannot help them all or take them all. We have to prioritize. In my view Yezidi girls have the highest priority and the leader of the opposition agrees with me and for the reasons I stated. They are about 400,000 Yazidis half of them females. It is practical to bring them over. How many African girls are in Africa? You want me to open a thread asking Canada to bring over all African girls into Canada?

If victim math is the main driver, then the Africans win. Teach Team Trudeau how to count.

Actually waldo the reason trudeau is against is because IMO a conservative motion. He should have stood up and backed his fellow parliamentarians on this. Like they did in America ,Britain and the EU. They put the BS to the side and stood together. And waldo for him to say we need yo wait on the UN is a copout, he has proven once again he is in waaaaay over his head..But we at least know there is 4 liberals with brains and courage.

actually PIK, the argument is sound; proper analysis and determination can't be done by politicians; there requires a formal investigation with supporting data/details... no matter what the shrieking Rona states! That's the kind of thing that is required for things like... uhh, you know, something to support the International Criminal Court... that court of last resort for prosecution of genocide. And the UN comes forward with exactly that today - an investigative based review, analysis, determination and pronouncement. But hey, if you think Rona is qualified to do what the UN just went through...

Apparently not.....when will they be coming to Canada ? Where is the "passion" ?

That is why we must remind the government of Canada what Canada traditionally stands for and what their duties are. Staring with this forum (which I hope they read) and writing to our MPs and whatever else s practical.

We have been protecting the Yezidis, Canada got invovled in North Iraq over the Yezidis, although I suspect we could probably do more. (I'm not suggesting get ourselves embroiled further militarily, but rather via supplies on the ground. If we brought a bunch of lone Yezidi women to Canada as opposed to letting them stay in Kurdistan in protected areas, then within a generation or two in Canada they would probably no longer be Yezidi.

Well in fairness that situation was created by bungled policy in Iraq and Syria on the part of Canada and its allies. If you break it you bought it?

WTF? The Lebanese Civil War started in 1975, and Trudeau Snr, NATO, existing US President, UNESCO was not part of that.

If there's a Syrian Civil War in 2016 - sorry, Trudeau Jnr, NATO, Obama, UNREF-Whatever is not part of that.

=====

Make no mistake: I reckon that radical Muslims are responsible for the Middle East. Mecca is their place. (Racist? Sit in a different bus seat? We can't even go in to the city of Mecca. I once tried - but was forced to take a different route and avoid Mecca entirely.)

Edited by August1991

Make no mistake: I reckon that radical Muslims are responsible for the Middle East. Mecca is their place. (Racist? Sit in a different bus seat? We can't even go in to the city of Mecca. I once tried - but was forced to take a different route and avoid Mecca entirely.)

Very well put.

No...I don't care what you do...just don't understand the primary focus on "Yazidi girls" compared to many others, including those in Canada. Is this some kind of Canadian "human rights", "Responsibility to Protect" schtick for political points? Why would First Nations "girls" be a lower priority than "Yazidi girls" ?

Maybe things are different in America, but in Canada we're able to walk and chew gum at the same time or in other words be concerned about both aboriginal and first nation girls as well as Yazidi girls and girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in Africa.

Edited by cybercoma

We did that when we allowed our governments to wreak havoc on the region.

WTF? What did Halliburton or Bush Jnr/Snr have to do with the Lebanese Civil War (that started in 1975). Are you blaming Eisenhower for Iran in 1953?

People in the Middle East, Muslims in particular, have always sought to blame outsiders for their internal civil wars.

======

This ongoing war in the Middle East, from Lebanon to Iraq to Syria, reminds me of Europe's Thirty Years War. In Europe, the war more-or-less ended when Lutheran Sweden intervened. I suspect this Muslim Forty Years War (and counting) will have a similar end.

For the rest of us in the West? We have to sit by and watch idiots from four centuries ago fight battles in modern times.

WTF? What did Halliburton or Bush Jnr/Snr have to do with the Lebanese Civil War (that started in 1975). Are you blaming Eisenhower for Iran in 1953?

People in the Middle East, Muslims in particular, have always sought to blame outsiders for their internal civil wars.

======

This ongoing war in the Middle East, from Lebanon to Iraq to Syria, reminds me of Europe's Thirty Years War. In Europe, the war more-or-less ended when Lutheran Sweden intervened. I suspect this Muslim Forty Years War (and counting) will have a similar end.

For the rest of us in the West? We have to sit by and watch idiots from four centuries ago fight battles in modern times.

You epitomize the adage about people who's ignorance of history doom them to repeat it.

WTF? The Lebanese Civil War started in 1975, and Trudeau Snr, NATO, existing US President, UNESCO was not part of that.

If there's a Syrian Civil War in 2016 - sorry, Trudeau Jnr, NATO, Obama, UNREF-Whatever is not part of that.

=====

Yes, the Middle East is the place for Muslims, since there are several hundred million that live there. I suppose that is pretty much expected that they are 'responsible' for.... something......

I'm not sure what your point is about Mecca. Your noise is out of joint because access to holy places is reserved for adherents?

You cannot wander about the Vatican at will, or to many Christian places of worship except as directed, or to Jain temples, or to Mormon temples, or to many Hindu places of worship or.......