PM IN HOT WATER; The Prime Minister apologizes.

I would like to hear what was actually transpiring between Gord Brown and the NDP members. Were they actually physically impeding Brown? Were they exchanging pleasantries, or was there a confrontation of some kind?

I watched the video clip without reading any of the commentary here or in the article, and to me it looked like the NDP were surrounding Brown, like they were #BlackLivesMatter or something.

Trudeau shouldn't have intervened. The House Speaker should have called the Sergeant At Arms to come over and beat their asses with the big silver mace.

-k

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your faux outrage over what Chretien did to some clown years ago is silly.

If Harper had done it your brain would have exploded. There is no question at the time that he should have been charged with assault for charging out into the crowd, throttling some little guy who didn't jump out of the way in time, and breaking his glasses.

Edited by Argus

I would like to hear what was actually transpiring between Gord Brown and the NDP members. Were they actually physically impeding Brown? Were they exchanging pleasantries, or was there a confrontation of some kind?

On watching the video again, this time (thanks to the CBC) with a circle around Brown, it is clear he was trying to get by them, as he kind of dips to the left, and dips to the right and left. The NDP were impeding him but I don't believe they were doing it intentionally. Their backs mostly seemed to be turned to him. If Trudeau thought they were, however, that puts a different light on things.

Edited by Argus

No, but like I said, he has no business grabbing Brown and trying to get him to go to his seat. Teachers can't even do that any more in classrooms, and technically it is assault.

You're not wrong, and i completely agree that what he did was inapropriate, this is the guy who has been telling us it's 2016, or 2015, or whatever, if i do that, after allegedly cursing at people, which he also has track record of doing, im suspeneded, at least. But, he didn't atttack anyone, and he didn't abuse a woman, I still think his behavior goes to far and is unbecoming of the PM, but that mostly just reinforces what I already thought of him from his previous actions.

The opposition trying to score as much point by making a mountain out of nothing as they can out of a clear case of accident and this is shameful. In particular Brosseau which pretended to have been hit hard by yelling ouch so loudly and her physical exaggerated reaction and Mulcair behaved very badly the way he reacted. It is all politics and politicians as usual behaving like children.

Allegedly cursing, and obviously taking a man by the arm, apparently without asking, and this is the best deflection you can come up with?

If Harper had done it your brain would have exploded. There is no question at the time that he should have been charged with assault for charging out into the crowd, throttling some little guy who didn't jump out of the way in time, and breaking his glasses.

There's no doubt, and while he had never done anything approaching that, and while politically the liberals are once again proving that they wrote the book on abusing parliamentary process, (western) conservatives are evil, and therefore always more guilty.

There's no doubt, and while he had never done anything approaching that, and while politically the liberals are once again proving that they wrote the book on abusing parliamentary process, (western) conservatives are evil, and therefore always more guilty.

It'll be interesting to see if they use this type of tactic again. I'm not against it in this case, as the country faces a hard deadline that is quickly approaching.

NDP trying to put a gendered spin on this:

Niki Ashton:

"What I will say, if we apply a gendered lens, it is very important that young women in this space feel safe to come here and work here,""

Mulcair:

"What kind of man elbows a woman? It's pathetic! You're pathetic!"

So does the NDP think that it is less bad to elbow a man than a woman?

My favorite part is that the NDP MP had to retreat to her Safe Space after being inadvertently nudged.

#Triggered

Hearing her speak, it was like she had suffered some kind of terrible assault. My dad reacted a lot better to being kidnapped at gunpoint.

Yeah, it's actually really funny to see the supposed party of equality get so upset over the situation. Her and Brown should have been treated with the same level of concern for their safety (AKA - there was no concern).

This hilarious idea that somehow Brosseau was so, so incredibly shaken by the experience she had to miss the vote feeds into those nasty gender stereotypes we here about so much from people in the NDP, no?

OK. so, i just watched it again, apparently the first video was in slow motion, but i honestly didnt notice because in real time the Prime Minister was moving rather quickly and aggressively, and it looked more like he pulled the conservative MP than he guided him. He honestly looked like he lost his head, inaprops. He didn't beat anyone, no he didnt, but what he did was angry, aggressive, completely inappropriate and unbecoming of his office.

OK. so, i just watched it again, apparently the first video was in slow motion, but i honestly didnt notice because in real time the Prime Minister was moving rather quickly and aggressively, and it looked more like he pulled the conservative MP than he guided him. He honestly looked like he lost his head, inaprops. He didn't beat anyone, no he didnt, but what he did was angry, aggressive, completely inappropriate and unbecoming of his office.

Ya i agree about the last parts. I think he lost his cool and was way too aggressive. He never made eye contact or anything while he nudged her. He may not have known it was a woman. If he knew there was a woman he was leaning into he may not have done it. That doesn't excuse it though. You shouldn't be aggressive and physical like that in any workplace, let alone the HoC!

He has a temper problem it seems, at least in the HoC, with the swearing at Peter Kent and now this. Very unbecoming.

Well, strangely enough, for me, the two sanest people in the house in the longer video I just saw are the PM and Elizabeth May.

It's been a lot of fun laughing about it all this afternoon but the behaviour of the NDP is just embarrassing.

He probably shouldn't have lost his temper but he obviously didn't know she was there, and he apologised as any person would who bumps into someone they did not see.

As for the "furthest from a feminist act" comment. Bloody hell! If that's all you've got get a different job.

Milk it for all it's worth....

Her NDP MP colleague Niki Ashton said she was deeply troubled by Trudeau's actions.

"I am ashamed to be a witness to the person who holds the highest position in our country do such an act. I want to say that for all of us who witnessed this, this was deeply traumatic. What I will say, if we apply a gendered lens, it is very important that young women in this space feel safe to come here and work here," she said.

"He made us feel unsafe and we're deeply troubled by the conduct of the prime minister of this country."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-conservative-whip-1.3588407