PM IN HOT WATER; The Prime Minister apologizes.

No politicking here.

The debate on assisted suicide is subject to a hard deadline.

No politicking is right......the Liberal's proposed notice of motion is intended to do exactly that........not too often the Tories and NDP can agree on anything, but rewriting how the House of Commons works, to stifle the Opposition's ability to even debate a bill is most disconcerting......the physical violence is merely part in parcel with such motions throughout history.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is any doubt that he didn't mean to hit Brosseau, he obviously didn't, but he put himself in a really stupid situation a Prime Minister shouldn't be.

Through his actions, the PM prevented Brosseau from exercising her parliamentary privilege, i.e. voting, because she was so shaken by the experience she had to leave the chamber and went to the lobby to compose herself. It's not clear yet whether she sustained a physical injury.I understand this particular incident will be looked into on those points.

Remember Trump saying he could shoot people in the street and his supporters would still love him?

Sounds like JT supporters.

How many more ways would you like me to say that what he did was wrong?

Through his actions, the PM prevented Brosseau from exercising her parliamentary privilege, i.e. voting, because she was so shaken by the experience she had to leave the chamber and went to the lobby to compose herself. It's not clear yet whether she sustained a physical injury.I understand this particular incident will be looked into on those points.

As it should be. What Trudeau did shouldn't happen again.

I wonder if she did suffer from bruising if she would press charges? You can see her clearly react to Trudeau's elbowing in the video......

Exactly, Brosseau should be grateful that Dear Leader Trudeau caressed her breast with his elbow :rolleyes:

I wonder how many times he beat her? After all, he's a woman abuser, just like his father.

Edited by Smallc

"NDP MP Tracey Ramsey said the prime minister swore as he approached Brown and the opposition benches. "He said 'Get the bleep out of the way,'" she said, adding Trudeau "violently" grabbed Brown"

So i cant watch the video here, some say it doesn't look like much happened, but are people going to defend their PM flying off the handle, cursing at people and maybe putting his hands on them in parliament, in 2016? Something that would at least get many of us suspended if not fired from our own jobs? I don't agree with the woman abuser hyperbole, but this behavior is not becoming of a PM, and it's not the first time he's at least cursed at people in parliament, and he's represented himself as the, kindler gentler, nice guy PM, which makes him a massive hypocrite.

Edited by poochy

"It was most unwise of the prime minister to attempt to move along the vote by moving along [brown]. That movement was clearly a contact that was unwanted. But the second contact, which was certainly the one that was the most emotional for the member involved, was clearly from my perspective I confirm … unintentional," she said of the prime minister's encounter with Brosseau.

"And I have to say, I saw the prime minister approaching and following the honourable member, trying to reach her and saying how very sorry he was, he had not seen her behind him," May said.

Again - what he did was wrong on its own. No need to blow it out of proportion.

I felt bringing in unproven allegations against his father was a nice touch.

Anyway , Trudeau was wrong, but it's not quite what it's being made out to be. I doubt we'll see him hauled off in irons.

No, but if Harper had done this there'd be traffic jams from all the lawyers racing in from Toronto to offer up free services to anyone willing to sue him.

No, but if Harper had done this there'd be traffic jams from all the lawyers racing in from Toronto to offer up free services to anyone willing to sue him.

And there seems to be enough conservative thinking people lined up the same way - that's the thing about partisans. The other guy is the devil. Everything they do simply confirms it.

Mulcair is a wimp... If he was a man he would have tuned Trudeau up right then and there! Was Stephen even in the House when it happened? I want to hear what Stephen has to say about it!

After seeing the video, i don't see any 'manhandling', im not sure if what he was doing was welcomed, but it certainly wasn't violent.

I agree Poochy... It was a dumb thing to do... Trudeau should stick with the hugs when he crosses the aisle.... but it was far from some sort of violent episode.

After seeing the video, i don't see any 'manhandling', im not sure if what he was doing was welcomed, but it certainly wasn't violent.

No, but like I said, he has no business grabbing Brown and trying to get him to go to his seat. Teachers can't even do that any more in classrooms, and technically it is assault.

Edited by Argus

Over three years until the next election. He certainly managed to get the Liberal latest cutting off debate off the news as well as Sophies unfavorable latest press.

Some people are so gullible they will fall for any tactic.

"Trudeau the chest elbower!" Boooo!!!

BTW How about that veterans thing? You guys took the bait hook, line and sinker!

The opposition trying to score as much point by making a mountain out of nothing as they can out of a clear case of accident and this is shameful. In particular Brosseau which pretended to have been hit hard by yelling ouch so loudly and her physical exaggerated reaction and Mulcair behaved very badly the way he reacted. It is all politics and politicians as usual behaving like children.

The opposition trying to score as much point by making a mountain out of nothing as they can out of a clear case of accident and this is shameful. In particular Brosseau which pretended to have been hit hard by yelling ouch so loudly and her physical exaggerated reaction and Mulcair behaved very badly the way he reacted. It is all politics and politicians as usual behaving like children.

What Trudeau did was stupid. Politicians from the other side will try and make hay.... such is life. Can't really blame them.

What Trudeau did was stupid. Politicians from the other side will try and make hay.... such is life. Can't really blame them.

At least he didn't grab the guy by the throat and fling him out of his way.

Liberal PMs tend to be violent.

At least he didn't grab the guy by the throat and fling him out of his way.Liberal PMs tend to be violent.

Your faux outrage over what Chretien did to some clown years ago is silly.