America under President Trump

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Just to be clear, you don't have evidence he had the prosecutor fired to protect his son. 

I don't need any evidence...the political damage has already been done...Biden is tanking.

But you have plenty of "evidence" on Trump...from Canada...right ?

Just now, Boges said:

Just as I thought, you don't have squat beyond what has already been reported.

Come and get him....from Canada.   I'm sure Trump is very worried.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Just as I thought, you don't have squat beyond what has already been reported.

Come and get him....from Canada.   I'm sure Trump is very worried.

So that's not evidence? 

I love when you take debate on a Canadian messageboard about Trump personally. It's adorable. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

The context is that a week earlier the Trump White House suspended military aid to Ukraine. 

No big deal...happens a lot when the U.S. wants to put the squeeze on....other prezes have done the same thing.

But if you are so sure, just grab your Nexus card and jump into your buggy...come on down and get him.

We'll leave the light on for ya.

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No big deal...happens a lot when the U.S. wants to put the squeeze on....other prezes have done the same thing.

Cite in regards to political rivals.

Nixon perhaps? No wait even he wasn't corrupt enough to pressure foreign governments to help him politically. 

Edited by Boges

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite in regards to political rivals.

Nixon perhaps? No wait even he wasn't corrupt enough to pressure foreign governments to help him politically. 

Already been over this before....FDR...one of America's "greatest presidents" ....conspired with the British to defeat isolationist Republicans in elections ("cite" was provided).

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Already been over this before....FDR...one of America's "greatest presidents" ....conspired with the British to defeat isolationist Republicans in elections ("cite" was provided).

Are you citing FDR's response to Nazi Sympathizers who wouldn't let the US enter WW2? Holy Shit!

13 minutes ago, Boges said:

Are you citing FDR's response to Nazi Sympathizers who wouldn't let the US enter WW2? Holy Shit!

No, quite the opposite, as foreign intervention in U.S. elections by the British was also supported by FDR:

...In 1940, as war raged in Europe, British intel officers in New York and Washington worked to elect candidates who favored U.S. intervention, defeat those who advocated neutrality, and silence or destroy the reputations of American isolationists they deemed a menace to British security. Scores—perhaps hundreds—of Americans who believed that fighting fascism justified unethical and, at times, illegal behavior, worked for British intelligence or cooperated with London’s efforts.

To pull the U.S. into Britain’s efforts would require first winning public opinion—making newspapers and radio programs the front lines in the battle to persuade Americans to elect politicians willing to back Britain over those who promoted an “America First” agenda. SIS, the British intelligence agency, flooded American newspapers with fake stories, leaked the results of illegal electronic surveillance and deployed October surprises against political candidates.

... American communists, fascists and isolationists complained bitterly and loudly in 1940 and 1941 that Britain was secretly manipulating the U.S. media as part of a campaign to pull America into the war. These accusations, confidently dismissed by liberal politicians and newspapers as paranoid ravings, were inaccurate only in that they were understated. Even the most alarmist commentators and conspiracy-mongers underestimated the depth and effectiveness of British covert activity.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/when-a-foreign-government-interfered-in-a-us-electionto-reelect-fdr-214634

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, Boges said:

Not quite Apples to Apples. 

Not for you...just lots of other people more educated on the topic.   The British interfered in U.S. elections far more than Putin could even dream of.

FDR admired Mussolini and had fascist policies, some of which were overturned by the courts.

Trump wishes he had it so good.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not for you...just lots of other people more educated on the topic.   The British interfered in U.S. elections far more than Putin could even dream of.

FDR admired Mussolini and had fascist policies, some of which were overturned by the courts.

Trump wishes he had it so good.

Alright well when Nazis are trying to take over the world. We can allow such things. 

Nice deflection though. 

Just now, Boges said:

Alright well when Nazis are trying to take over the world. We can allow such things. 

Nice deflection though. 

No, you don't get off the hook that easy.    Screaming "Nazi !" like Antifa won't work.

You asked for an example of previous influence and favour...boom !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Argus said:

You don't even know what media sources I use. I know you're a devotee of FOX and Brietbart, though, and probably RT as well. They're the favorite sources of conspiracy nuts.

1) I know that your media sources suck because you're just so wrong somethimes.

2) I just took you out behind the woodshed and showed you who was wrong on every story, and who was stuck on conspiracy theories and attempted rape theories that didn't pan out. That was you Argus. If you can't see with the benefit of hindsight what other people see in advance, or can see in real time, then you probably shouldn't debate against those people.

You don't even know what my position on Kavanaugh was. For the record, it was that I don't know what happened back then but that his behaviour during the hearing made him unfit to be a supreme court judge.

If your dog won't defend his own food dish he's not worth having. If Kavanaugh sat back and let himself get Borked he'd be a circuit court judge.

The people who had no business being in that room were Dems like Hirono, etc who had nothing intelligent to say and who were just partisan hacks, willing to sacrifice the career of a decent person to get a judge on the SC that would act like a 9th circuit demi-god.

Again, you don't even know what my position was with regard to 'collusion'.  Again, for the record, I never said anything one way or another about whether he colluded with Russia during the election. However, it is patently obvious by now that he is a thoroughly corrupt and dishonest man. We know he had many dealings with Russian Oligarchs, and given his mindset they were unlikely to be honest. Therefore it's also fairly obvious that his obsequious and fawning behavior towards Putin since elected is because they have dirt on him that could land him in prison if Putin ever decides to release it.

Bla, blah blah. You call me a conspiracy theorist and then you barf up this nonsense? 

Business is war. It's about getting things done. You never want to deal with the Saudi Arabias of the world but sometimes you have to. You just need to make sure that you don't become like them. 

Trump has to deal with Russia, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea, etc because the other avenue leads to war. Doing business in NYC or Vancouver is the same thing. 

People like to give lawyers a lot of flack as if they're the bad guys, there are people like that in every profession. Even here in fat & happy Canada.

Who the hell is Michael Brown? The only Michael Brown I know of was the scumbag who got shot by the cop. And again, you CLEARLY have no idea what my position as and are just making shit up.

Well, FYI Fox News was on the right side of that story as well. That was actually the first storyline that I ever followed on Fox News. Up to that point I didn't watch much American News but all I did watch was on CNN. I didn't follow American news closely enough or know enough about what was going on to know how sideways things were at CNN and the other MSM in America. Now I do. For the last 5 years Fox News has been literally head and shoulders above the other TV news media in the States and I'm not afraid to say it. 

People look at me like an idiot but when you go story by story, with the benefit of hindsight, Fox is vastly superior.

Absolutely. You're like one of those religious fanatics. No matter what the great leader says, those are the facts. You're practically frothing at the mouth here like some medieval Catholic screaming "Blaspheme! Heresy!"

You're the one who's taking everyone at their word that Biden was just a great guy and that there was nothing at all to see going on in the Ukraine when he held their $1B worth of aid hostage just to get a prosecutor fired.

I'm not saying Biden was guilty, I'm saying that there should be a proper investigation. Not just a CNN opinion, or the Ukraine's fear of telling the truth for fear of what will happen if Biden wins. If Biden is innocent then I'll be happy to know. 

I'm screaming blasphemy when I see Schiff make his outrageous parody. Pelosi saying that Trump asked the Ukraine to "create" something was heresy. I'll scream blasphemy and heresy when I know it's true and I can easily prove that it was heresy/blasphemy. The MSM involved in those stories let them get away with it. That was an absolute farce and it's why I can't stomach ten minutes of CNN.

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

2) I just took you out behind the woodshed and showed you

That you don't even know what my positions were on anything, and that you can't talk without babbling. You jump back and forth among multiple Trump conspiracy topics like a meth addict

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

People look at me like an idiot

I'll take your word on that.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

That's dishonest to suggest that anyone that didn't want America to get entangled in a world war were Nazi sympathizers.  Some people just actually didn't want America to get involved in a world war.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Argus said:

That you don't even know what my positions were on anything, and that you can't talk without babbling. You jump back and forth among multiple Trump conspiracy topics like a meth addict

I get that you want to ignore the recent history of all the crackpipe Trump conspiracy theories but it’s important for you to understand where this latest farce is coming from. 

And yeah, I’m not afraid to tell people the truth even when they can’t handle it. The alternative is to listen to mindless drivel from CBC/CNN toadies. You saw the list of their BS stories. It’s a pretty pathetic track record, to say the least.

Kind of disputes the claim that this Inquiry will help Trump. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463553-poll-majority-of-americans-approve-of-trump-impeachment-inquiry

A majority of Americans approve of House Democrats' move to launch a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trump, according to a new CBS News survey conducted by YouGov. 

The poll, which was released Sunday morning, found that 55 percent of Americans support an impeachment inquiry, with 35 percent strongly approving and 20 percent somewhat approving the move. Meanwhile, 45 percent of respondents said they disapprove of congressional Democrats' decision to start an impeachment inquiry into Trump. 

The show of public support for impeachment comes as Trump faces mounting scrutiny over revelations that he pressured the leader of Ukraine to investigate 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden over unsubstantiated allegations of corruption.

A whistleblower complaint released last week accuses the president of "using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign government in the 2020 U.S. election."

Now that's just supporting the Inquiry. Supporting Impeachment is still below 50% but, for the first time is ahead of opposing impeachment. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-ukraine/index.html

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Kind of disputes the claim that this Inquiry will help Trump. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463553-poll-majority-of-americans-approve-of-trump-impeachment-inquiry

Now that's just supporting the Inquiry. Supporting Impeachment is still below 50% but, for the first time is ahead of opposing impeachment. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/cnn-poll-impeachment-ukraine/index.html

The inquiry is already helping Trump by taking oxygen away from the Democratic wannabes running for election.    There is only so much MSM bandwidth even in a 24/7 news cycle, and Trump will be getting more....even in Canada.

"Bringing the voters along" for impeachment is completely different from getting 2/3rds of the U.S. Senate to convict.

Just ask Bill Clinton.